Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:05:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: try your chess skills for bitcoin  (Read 18997 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:30:41 PM

This would be a really neat idea if you could be certain that you weren't playing against bots. Then again, you could build in some protection against that.

I thought this was a multiplayer real player vs real player game, not a real player vs bot game. It would be really cool to have a PvP chess game. Honestly playing against the machine is not what I would call fun, specially since you never know the skill of the machine when you are betting money. It could be rigged. I would trust playing vs a stranger, or vs a friend if you are paranoid, that would be more fun.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:34:58 PM

Chess is pretty difficult if you ask me, there are some people that are pretty good at it but for me its nothing more than a stupid game.
If I'm honest chess is just to difficult to me so that is why I do not play it.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:45:14 PM

Chess is pretty difficult if you ask me, there are some people that are pretty good at it but for me its nothing more than a stupid game.

The point isnt that its difficult its that since you are playing it over the internet its very easy to cheat.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:07:30 PM

play chess for bitcoins, better then betting
chess4coin.com

Is the page skill working? I'm very sceptical when it comes to chess for BTC, mainly because of bot problems, but I like chess, so I usually try the sites, but after trying your site I got to an error page, saying "SORRY". Is there a problem?

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:17:25 PM

chess4coin.com

Is the page skill working? I'm very sceptical when it comes to chess for BTC, mainly because of bot problems, but I like chess, so I usually try the sites, but after trying your site I got to an error page, saying "SORRY". Is there a problem?

Yes it doesn't work for me either. WOnder if it was ever up and running or did they lose their hot wallet due to bot scams.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:59:29 PM

chess4coin.com

Yes it doesn't work for me either. WOnder if it was ever up and running or did they lose their hot wallet due to bot scams.
It was meant to happen sooner or later. All those Bitcoin games end up bankrupt because they never put enough effort. To maintain such a service you need to put a lot of attention and keep it up to date pretty much daily, not release it and forget about it and hope it keeps making money automatically.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:06:23 PM

The point isnt that its difficult its that since you are playing it over the internet its very easy to cheat.

You said it is cheating? I mean what for cheat on something like chess? Can you win something from playing chess? If you can win like 1 btc may be it is worth enough to cheat but this game is takes time plus the payout is not really good so what for people cheating? I think this doesnt make sene
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:57:36 PM

chess4coin.com
nice game,and bitcoin always succes if combaining with any sports.
but,i hate chess,start fromwhen i was child,i play it with small chess game,and always lose from my brother,and my dad said that i'm fool,since that time i hate chess,and of course still lose against my brother,i'de more like to playing other sport than chess.
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700

morir es descansar

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:48:00 PM

chess4coin.com
nice game,and bitcoin always succes if combaining with any sports.
but,i hate chess,start fromwhen i was child,i play it with small chess game,and always lose from my brother,and my dad said that i'm fool,since that time i hate chess,and of course still lose against my brother,i'de more like to playing other sport than chess.

Wow life story sharing. Chess is a game that needs of the mind and use of neurons inside the brain to make a win. But if you always losing then the gae is not for you. But to call someone a fool is not a nice thing to say id say. Because it will help the person to lose self confidence.
JasonXG

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:59:19 PM

Do you get satoshi even ? Who has ?
I can't find out to change the difficulty level. Sad how do i ?
And what's the prize per difficulty level ?
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:12:00 PM

Well, at the moment, you don't - the site isn't even online anymore (nor has it been in a long time, I think).
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 07:19:26 PM

Well, at the moment, you don't - the site isn't even online anymore (nor has it been in a long time, I think).

Damn , just now saw the thread of chess skills for bitcoin and was happy to know that their is a site with bitcoin for chess, and now at the end of the comment i am seeing that the site is closed.

can anyone tell me if their is any bitcoin site for chess , i really want to play chess for bitcoin.

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:22:01 PM

Damn , just now saw the thread of chess skills for bitcoin and was happy to know that their is a site with bitcoin for chess, and now at the end of the comment i am seeing that the site is closed.

can anyone tell me if their is any bitcoin site for chess , i really want to play chess for bitcoin.

Even if there was, would you really want to play there?

I mean, just look through the 11 pages of users discussing the possibility of others cheating through the use of bots - human players wouldn't stand a chance. Tongue
JasonXG

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:59:40 PM

Looks like your sites down buddy.  Huh
JasonXG

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:00:56 PM

Even if there was, would you really want to play there?

I mean, just look through the 11 pages of users discussing the possibility of others cheating through the use of bots - human players wouldn't stand a chance. Tongue

There must be someway to stop it Sad
g4vinshreds

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

Trader

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:28:42 PM

Guys,  this site is down anyways,  this thread should be locked.

quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:09:02 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 06:53:55 PM by quadriple7

chess4coin.com

i searched for thing like this for long time and finally i found this, really awesome thing because i wanted to find game to play for bitcoins, skill based one not luck, i found poker but i am too bad for it

but bots is huge problem, do you have anything to fight them off? they would surely ruin all the gambling and playing experience thus people wouldnt get high quality entertainment at all
frankharmon57

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:00:46 PM

How does it work? is that tournament or head to head play.how they pay bitcoin?
Samdo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:21:21 PM

I would always fancy skill games but again you never know if you are playing against computer or human.

VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:47:37 PM

I will love to play face to face chess for btc really !

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: