Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:20:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coin cloning guide  (Read 19271 times)
murderouskirk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:51:36 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 09:01:44 AM by murderouskirk

Everything you should need in one place.

The one posted earlier in this thread is the "How to Clone Litecoin- Scrypt Coins- Windows 32 bit Litecoind and Litecoin Cloning Guide." link in my thread.

Took me a long time to pull that together. Information on this stuff is not typically shared.

Not all of it will be 100% spot on for your project. But between them all you should be able to get the job done.

Don't be afraid to jump into other links when you get stuck. Odds are the answer is in another castle.

If you find it helpful bump the post. Amazingly it's seen extremely little attention.

I urge you to figure out your moral line before you start and stick to it once you launch. Many find that once they learn how to clone their desire to make btc outweighs their desire to make something people might like to trade and shitcoins backed by nothing but lies results. Your clone doesn't have to be innovative, but please don't try to trick people into believing it's more than what it is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:53:30 AM

That stuff should all be macros / constants / config-file settings, so folks don't have to touch the code to change it all.

Would make it much easier for folks to keep their shitcoins up to date with the latest bitcoin code.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 02:33:42 AM

and it is getting interesting day by day, thanks to u all legends out there.

Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:35:51 AM

Wow makes your head spin. Yeah mad props to the coin devs out there.  Huh Shocked Huh
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:41:13 AM

better to buy these coins
I see some sites provide manufacturing coins including block and richlist Roll Eyes
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 10:09:35 PM

You can create altcoins on the fly using git and docker:
https://github.com/derrend/bitcoinclone
hsnbrg

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:49:05 PM

7. Checkpointing the premine.
Recompile you client.
Back up your  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin folder. This now has your premine.
You now need to check the checkpoints are correct. On the client that does not have the premine, navigate to  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin and delete all contents besides your wallet.dat(Very Important Do NOT DELETE) and clonecoin.conf files.

Restart the client. If your checkpoints are correct the client should update and sync without issues.

On this step, I got "wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed" message on the client (the one that does not have the premine. I deleted all files except fcoin.conf and wallet.dat).

I did everything as marked.
However, my premined coins are still immature at this point. Is this right? Does it worth to checkpoint blocks that are not yet matured? Or I need to wait for them to be matured, and include the first 40-50 blocks in the checkpoint.cpp?

Table8

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:00:28 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 07:15:41 PM by Table8

Now from a the Windows cmd, run  
Code:
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.1/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: ./build\net.o: bad reloc address 0x960 in section `.data'
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.1/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: final link failed: Invalid operation
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:291: recipe for target 'release\bitcoin-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release\bitcoin-qt.exe] Error 1

any idea how to fix?
pittuk23

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:24:14 PM

Everything you should need in one place.

The one posted earlier in this thread is the "How to Clone Litecoin- Scrypt Coins- Windows 32 bit Litecoind and Litecoin Cloning Guide." link in my thread.

Took me a long time to pull that together. Information on this stuff is not typically shared.

Not all of it will be 100% spot on for your project. But between them all you should be able to get the job done.

Don't be afraid to jump into other links when you get stuck. Odds are the answer is in another castle.

If you find it helpful bump the post. Amazingly it's seen extremely little attention.

I urge you to figure out your moral line before you start and stick to it once you launch. Many find that once they learn how to clone their desire to make btc outweighs their desire to make something people might like to trade and shitcoins backed by nothing but lies results. Your clone doesn't have to be innovative, but please don't try to trick people into believing it's more than what it is.

Hi, link is now gone, do you have a current link?
lowcost

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 06:30:32 PM

please , someone upload a working link. and can someone code a coin here?

maiiyeuchong

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:40:26 PM

I need to help. I have created a coin for myself, but when sent, can not receive. Why wallet contacted the system it has multiple ports connected to it
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171105/uncttku6.png
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171105/i8qqsing.png
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/171105/el82all8.png
Jewelettes

Activity: 581
Merit: 254

I am simply ME.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:28:46 AM

Looks like a good guide.

If it's incomplete, then  at least there's this starting point.
I respect the real devs more.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
▬    Announcement    ▬
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
GoolGaul

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:37:45 PM

Excellently thorough guide here.

2 questions.
1) is this all still current?
2) would this work to clone Verium - which is a cpu only variant of BTC using Scrypt Squared.

Looking to build a new coin for CPU-only mining, that will be GPU- and ASIC- resistant.
glenncoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:21:37 PM

Hi guys does anyone know where or how to change collateral of Pivx Masternode? I'm trying to find the collateral in its main.cpp but I can't find it.
BeeKeyyy

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 10:20:05 PM

Here you go.

1. Pre Installers.
  • 1a. Winrar
    1b. Compression
    1c. MinGW
2. Windows Deps.
  • 2a. OpenSSL
    2b.Berkeley DB
    2c. Boost
    2d. MiniUPNP
    2e. Protoc and Libprotobuf
    2f. Libpng
    2g. qrencode

Damn this right here will turn everyone into coin developers lmao
3. Download and Compile QT.

4. The Clone
  • 4a. Source Code
    4b. Copy and Replace Litecoin
    4c. Copy and Replace LTC
    4d. Change rpc and port numbers.
    4e. Change starting letter for addresses.
    4f. Update client version number.
    4g. Change Litecoin example addresses to Clonecoin Addresses.
    4h. Change char pchMessageStart and ParseHex.
    4i. Change alert keys.
    4j. Remove Merkel root and Genesis Block.
    4k. Remove Nonce and testnet genesis.
    4l. Add Epoochtime and Timestamp.
    4m. Fixing the checkpoints.
    4n. Change max money supply and coinbase maturity.
    4o. Change block times from 2.5 minutes to 30 seconds.
    4p. Change re-targeting
    4q. Add premine and change block rewards.
    4r. Update Images.
    4s. Update Seed node/ AWS Seed node guide.
5. Hashing the Genesis Block and Merkel Root.
  • 5a. Ability to hash Genesis Block.
    5b. Compiling Clonecoin Windows QT.
    5c. Generating Merkel Root
    5d. Hashing the Genesis Block.

6. Connecting your nodes.
  • 6a. Create a conf.
    6b. Connect- server and home network.

8. Clean up You Code.

9. Compiling Clonecoind.
  • 9a. Compile Clonecoind.
    9b. Remove and cleanup.

10. Github for release, made easy.
  • 10a. Easy Pushing Commits/Launch code.
    10b. Easy Revert Commits
    10c. Easy Pushing Updates.

11. Common Errors

12. Quick Logos

13. The Website.
  • 13a. The Template.
    13b. Upload to a website.
14. The Launch. Ninja vs Pumped vs ICO.
  • 14a. Prelaunch
    14b. The Ninja
    14c. The Pumped.
    14d. The ICO.

1. Pre Installers.
1a.1a. File Compressor/Extractor
Download and install Winrar or an alternate file compression tool.
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

1b. Text Editor.
Download and install a text editor such as Sublime Text. You need a text editor that can easily search and replace case sensitive text.

1c. Download and install MingW
/download
Double click to install, keep the checkbox for the GUI checked and make sure to install in C:\MinGW. Press continue. From the MinGW GUI interface, go to all packages -> MYSYS
Right click on the following installations and mark for installation.

msys-base-bin (may highlight other checkboxes which is fine)
msys-autoconf-bin
msys-automake-bin
msys-libtool-bin

Click on Installation -> Apply changes. MinGW will now download the remaining packages. Make sure to remove any previous installs of MinGW before starting.
Once complete, navigate to C:\MinGW\bin and you should only have a mingw-get application. If you have msys-gcc and msys-w32api you need to delete MinGW and check the correct install packages are selected above.

Download and extract mingw32 to C:\mingw32
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.9.1/theads-posix/dwarf/i686-4.9.1-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1.7z/download
You now need to change the path variables. Go to control panel->system and security->system. Click on advanced system properties->environmental variables. In the top box navigate to PATH and change to
Code:
C:\mingw32\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Checking your MingW install. To start the MingW app navigate to C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat, create a desktop shortcut as you will use the msys command as well as the windows command prompts. Double click to start and enter the following to display the version and correct paths.
Code:
gcc -v

Your msys output should look like the following code.
Code:
$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=c:\mingw32\bin\gcc.exe
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw32/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.1/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: i686-w64-mingw32
Configured with: ../../../src/gcc-4.9.1/configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --build=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=i686-w64-mingw32 --prefix=/
mingw32 --with-sysroot=/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32 --with-gxx-include-dir=/mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/c++
 --enable-shared --enable-static --disable-multilib --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,lto --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes -
-enable-threads=posix --enable-libgomp --enable-libatomic --enable-lto --enable-graphite --enable-checking=release --enable-fully-dynam
ic-string --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2 --disable-isl-version-check --disable-cloog-ve
rsion-check --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-bootstrap --disable-rpath --disable-win32-registry --disable-nls
 --disable-werror --disable-symvers --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-arch=i686 --with-tune=generic --with-libiconv --with-system-zlib
 --with-gmp=/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-mpfr=/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-mpc=
/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-isl=/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-cloog=/c/mingw491
/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --enable-cloog-backend=isl --with-pkgversion='i686-posix-dwarf-rev1, Built by MinGW-W64 project'
 --with-bugurl=http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64 CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe -I/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32/opt/in
clude -I/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-zlib-static/include -I/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static/include' CXXFLAGS='-O2 -
pipe -I/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32/opt/include -I/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-zlib-static/include -I/c/mingw4
91/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static/include' CPPFLAGS= LDFLAGS='-pipe -L/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32/opt/li
b -L/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-zlib-static/lib -L/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static/lib -Wl,--large-address-aware'
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.1 (i686-posix-dwarf-rev1, Built by MinGW-W64 project)

If you are having issues I have uploaded a MinGW install here

2. Download and Install Dependencies.
Create a deps folder at C:\deps.  If you want to cheat you can download the pre-built dependencies here, though it is recommended to build your own.

2a. OpenSLL- Install OpenSSL dependencies on Windows.
Download the latest version of OpenSSL https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1j.tar.gz to your deps folder.
Open the MinGW shell at C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat
Code:
cd /c/deps/
tar xvfz openssl-1.0.1j.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.1j
./Configure no-zlib no-shared no-dso no-krb5 no-camellia no-capieng no-cast no-cms no-dtls1 no-gost no-gmp no-heartbeats no-idea no-jpake no-md2 no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-rdrand no-rfc3779 no-rsax no-sctp no-seed no-sha0 no-static_engine no-whirlpool no-rc2 no-rc4 no-ssl2 no-ssl3 mingw
make

2b. Berkeley DB
Download http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz and place in your deps folder.
In the MinGW shell use the following code.
Code:
cd /c/deps/
tar xvfz db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-mingw --enable-cxx --disable-shared --disable-replication
make

2c. Boost
Download Boost to your deps folder. http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.55.0/boost_1_55_0.zip/download
Make sure to download either the 7z or zip versions. Double click on the folder to extract boost_1_55_0 in your deps folder. This may take several minutes depending on your PC's speed. Using the Windows command prompt, bootstrap and compile boost. To bring up the windows command prompt just type cmd in the windows search bar.

Code:
cd C:\deps\boost_1_55_0\
bootstrap.bat mingw
b2 --build-type=complete --with-chrono --with-filesystem --with-program_options --with-system --with-thread toolset=gcc variant=release link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static stage

2d. Mini UPNP
Download and extract MiniUPNP http://miniupnp.free.fr/files/download.php?file=miniupnpc-1.9.20140911.tar.gz to your deps folder.
Rename  folder from "miniupnpc-1.9.20140911" to "miniupnpc" then from a Windows command prompt:
Code:
cd C:\deps\miniupnpc
mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw init upnpc-static

2e. Protoc and Libprotobuf:
Download and extract http://protobuf.googlecode.com/files/protobuf-2.5.0.zip to your deps folder.
In the msys shell run
Code:
cd /c/deps/protobuf-2.5.0
configure --disable-shared
make

2f. libpng
Download and extract http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libpng/libpng-1.6.14.tar.gz?download to your deps folder. Extract.
In msys shell run
Code:
cd /c/deps/libpng-1.6.14
make
cp .libs/libpng16.a .libs/libpng.a

2g. qrencode
Download and extract http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/qrencode-3.4.4.tar.gz to your deps folder.
In msys shell run
Code:
cd /c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4

LIBS="../libpng-1.6.14/.libs/libpng.a ../../mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libz.a" \
png_CFLAGS="-I../libpng-1.6.14" \
png_LIBS="-L../libpng-1.6.14/.libs" \
configure --enable-static --disable-shared --without-tools

make

Download and uncompress http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.6/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.6.zip to C:\Qt\4.8.6. Once again check it resides in C:\Qt\4.8.6 not C:\Qt\4.8.6\4.8.6. Due to a bug in 4.8.6 you will need to apply the patch available here. For those who can't find or work it out, you need to change the following lines in C:\Qt\4.8.6\tools\configure\configureapp.cpp or download the patched file here and replace it in C:\Qt\4.8.6\tools\configure\configureapp.cpp
Code:
2180  |  -  const QString mingwPath = dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].endsWith("-g++") ?
2180  |  +  const QString mingwPath = dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].contains("-g++") ?
2252  |   -  if (dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].endsWith("-g++")+
2252  |  +  if (dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].contains("-g++")+

From your Windows command prompt run
Code:
cd C:\Qt\4.8.6
configure -release -opensource -confirm-license -static -no-sql-sqlite -no-qt3support -no-opengl -qt-zlib -no-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -no-libtiff -qt-libjpeg -no-dsp -no-vcproj -no-openssl -no-dbus -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-multimedia -no-audio-backend -no-webkit -no-script -no-scripttools -no-declarative -no-declarative-debug -qt-style-windows -qt-style-windowsxp -qt-style-windowsvista -no-style-plastique -no-style-cleanlooks -no-style-motif -no-style-cde -nomake demos -nomake examples
mingw32-make

Now we are ready to start the cloning process. If you are worried about compilation, it would be wise to jump ahead and ensure everything is working with compiling the client  before working with the clone.

4. The Clone
In this guide we will be cloning Litecoin. Litecoin is a Scrypt based coin and the original altcoin. I will be calling this coin Clonecoin (CLN).

4a. Download and extract the Litecoin source.
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin. In this guide I will be placing the source code in C:\Clonecoin

Copy and Replace Litecoin
Using your test editor, search out and replace all instances of Litecoin with Clonecoin. Make sure your search is case sensitive and search for all instances Litecoin with Clonecoin, litecoin with clonecoin etc. Run a search without case sensitivity before continuing to ensure you have all instances.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/61a9b7b8ea5db179b30f979d109847e473d0de81

4c. Copy and Replace LTC.
Using your test editor, search out and replace all instances of LTC with CLN.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/7b6a2ad68deb97caab802c460ebfe5104fa72e2c

Search for an appropriate port and rpc number http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers. Litecoin uses  port 9333 testnet 19333, rpcport 9332 testnet 19332. We will change them to port 10333 testnet 11333, rpcport 10332 testnet 11332
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/7f149b069f77b3e174ca8a7b10b98287c3e663a9

In this case we change the 48 to 28, therefore all addresses will start with C.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/d0621b86a358e93495658d564640144458aab8ee

Since its really a fork of Litecoin we will bring the version numbers up to 1.0.0.0.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/95d0bef6e6a7bf27f3ed6d8153fccf8275524ba9

Here we change the LTC addresss Ler4HNAEfwYhBmGXcFP2Po1NpRUEiK8km2 to a Clonecoin mystery address starting with c. (see step 6d)
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/9a5321bfb9b0482ed3b435edb815d8eee268b949

We want these to be unique to Clonecoin. Be wary of changing pchMessageStart to to letters other than a-f. All numbers are fine to use.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/011b9a8e713821d8010a827f7aeacf09c772a267

4i. Change alert keys.
We just change these to be different from Litecoin to avoid the Litecoin messages. I will link another guide here on how they work when complete and how to use them.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/0798f246007c9196bcfcf39c2ef2222a660d59d2

These will be replaced later on though for now and in the near future they are no longer needed.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/46bbcb1377ac2db0f8dabc19faffb9ab6f989cb6

We remove the testnet genesis block and nonce.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/24cf6793c02369fc60a8b67645818f0cf7d1252a

To create a genesis block we need an epoochtime and verbal timestamp. The current epoochtime can be found http://www.epochconverter.com/ and find the latest news headline for your verbal timestamp. We also replace the testnet timestamp.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/790f9964abdb0543abe1ee1801562a004349e719

We comment out the hardcoded checkpoint and change the genesis block checkpoint.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/fe0d86a278f4d6470bee697a25256b0340cfc9fd

We just multiplied total coins by 10 and reduced coin based maturity. The higher the number of confirmations the better for the network.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/c43361429062f04b5697f9e9fca19e2f15d2e634

https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/8796946bd1d3d5d15d06ba0e72e4b6bbf1fe1d06

4p. Change re-targeting from the ridiculous 2.5 days to every 5 minutes.
This is cutting out a small portion of instamining.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/a3df6e9dc15009bdb22c60a496c109334cc55864

Since we initially increased block rewards by x10, we will increase the base reward from 50 to 500. We then add a premine on block 2 as well as a staggered decrease in block sizes.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/ddc36732b46fbc38ca06012be127ff994177192d

4r. Update Images.
If you have not already, you will need a splash and logo.
You will need to update src/rec/icons- bitcoin.png, bitcoin_testnet.png, bitcoin.icon, bitcoin_testnet.icon all 256x256 pixels. toolbar.png and toolbar_testnet.png to 16x16 pixels.
also update src/res/images splash.png, splash_testnet.png and about.png.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/08edb2f2648acc373e60c44fbd0558c514697ff7

4s. Update Seed node- First you will need to create a dedicated node. This is a quick easy guide.
Head to https://console.aws.amazon.com and create an account. Click on the EC2 link on the left. AWS pricing can be found http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/
Create and instance, select Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Base, select your server preference- we chose t2.micro which is free tier eligible. Click Next: Configure Instance Details, highlight Protect against accidental termination, click review and launch.
Go to security settings, open all ports and click launch. Create a security key pair and make sure to download it and keep it safe. Launch your instance.
On the aws instance home screen click the Elastic IP tab, click allocate Ip address and confirm. While still in the Elastic IP tab, click allocate and allocate to the instance by clicking the top checkbox and identifying your server. Confirm. Your instance will take around 15 minutes to launch.
To connect. Click the instance tab, highlight your instance and press connect. Using your key from earlier, you are now able to download a server shortcut and server password.
Using your new Elastic IP, replace your new IP removing Litecoin old seed nodes.
src/net.cpp
Code:
static const char *strMainNetDNSSeed[][2] = {
    {"clonecointools.com", "54.232.218.200"},
    {NULL, NULL}
};
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/92e520e8a80294a1964bca707ddca704c2c0bdc9

4.t Change the name of the bitcoin-qt.pro file to clonecoin-qt.pro
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/d309822b3b6519ca6424ac74df054ad351db1d88

5a. Ability to hash Genesis Block.We now need to add the ability to hash a new genesis block so we add the following code to main.cpp.
main.cpp
Code:
 if (true && block.GetHash() != hashGenesisBlock)
        {
            printf("Searching for genesis block...\n");
            // This will figure out a valid hash and Nonce if you're
            // creating a different genesis block:
            uint256 hashTarget = CBigNum().SetCompact(block.nBits).getuint256();
            uint256 thash;
            char scratchpad[SCRYPT_SCRATCHPAD_SIZE];

loop
            {
                scrypt_1024_1_1_256_sp(BEGIN(block.nVersion), BEGIN(thash), scratchpad);
                if (thash <= hashTarget)
                    break;
                if ((block.nNonce & 0xFFF) == 0)
                {
                    printf("nonce %08X: hash = %s (target = %s)\n", block.nNonce, thash.ToString().c_str(), hashTarget.ToString().c_str());
                }
                ++block.nNonce;
                if (block.nNonce == 0)
                {
                    printf("NONCE WRAPPED, incrementing time\n");
                    ++block.nTime;
                }
            }
            printf("block.nTime = %u \n", block.nTime);
            printf("block.nNonce = %u \n", block.nNonce);
            printf("block.GetHash = %s\n", block.GetHash().ToString().c_str());

}
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/8b2e543c6f9c6dde0ebb8a7b73fd06c6d7de18ec

Create libleveldb.a and libmemenv.a.
Using Msys shell, run. For this we have Clonecoin in C:/Clonecoin
Code:
cd /C/clonecoin/src/leveldb
TARGET_OS=NATIVE_WINDOWS make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a
If the file already exists, Msys will inform you so.

Open your Clonecoin-qt.pro file.
 We now need to change the dependency directory locations
Code:
# Dependency library locations can be customized with:
#    BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH, BOOST_LIB_PATH, BDB_INCLUDE_PATH,
#    BDB_LIB_PATH, OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH and OPENSSL_LIB_PATH respectively

OBJECTS_DIR = build
MOC_DIR = build
UI_DIR = build
to
Code:
BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/boost_1_55_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/boost_1_55_0/stage/lib
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
BDB_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/openssl-1.0.1j/include
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/openssl-1.0.1j
MINIUPNPC_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/
MINIUPNPC_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/miniupnpc
QRENCODE_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/qrencode-3.4.4
QRENCODE_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs
OBJECTS_DIR = build
MOC_DIR = build
UI_DIR = build
and comment out the genleveldb command
Code:
genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS 
to
Code:
#genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS 
and add the flags for a static build.
Add to
Code:
CONFIG += static
to
Code:
CONFIG += thread
CONFIG += static

and

Code:
win32:QMAKE_LFLAGS *= -Wl,--large-address-aware
to
Code:
win32:QMAKE_LFLAGS *= -Wl,--large-address-aware  -static

Code:
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Qt\4.8.6\bin
cd C:\clonecoin\
qmake "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1" "USE_IPV6=1" clonecoin-qt.pro
mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/5c82150b6d017412f6df4f06f86941de2bebae83
Your Clonecoin qt should now be available in your C:\clonecoin\release folder after around 5 minutes. If errors occur, scroll up and read them try to identify and fix.

Start your Clonecoin-qt. You should see an error Assertion failed!
Navigate to your Clonecoin appdata folder C:\Users\(YOUR*PC*NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Clonecoin and open the debug log in a text editor. The folder is hidden by default, so typing %appdata% in the Windows search bar will bring up access to the roaming\clonecoin folder.
Scroll to the bottom of the text to find the following lines.
Code:
2014-11-06 17:00:04 LoadBlockIndexDB(): last block file = 0
2014-11-06 17:00:04 LoadBlockIndexDB(): transaction index disabled
2014-11-06 17:00:04 Initializing databases...
2014-11-06 17:00:04 71154501f2bb79422cb9d06775463810e8ae59243460250f6c942ebd3a9712dd
2014-11-06 17:00:04 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2014-11-06 17:00:04 d010ddcc6651af0e28e50ee36096e438b7974da9d58f1be95a968b180756a0c8

The bottom hash is the merkel root, we take this and add it to main.cpp
Code:
assert(block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0xd010ddcc6651af0e28e50ee36096e438b7974da9d58f1be95a968b180756a0c8"));

https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/c776fb6da5599cc9a3bde9749880d9a1f9a1222a

We now need to recompile the client in Windows cmd. You can remove the path and directory if you still have the client open.
Code:

Restart the client. The previous Merkel error should  not occur and the client should appear to hang on launch. It is now hashing your genesis block. How long this takes can vary from a few seconds to minutes. Once the client hangs with a genesis block error, open your debug text file again in your Clonecoin appdata folder C:\Users\(YOUR*PC*NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Clonecoin
Code:
2014-11-05 18:29:11 block.nNonce = 2110551 
2014-11-05 18:29:11 block.GetHash = 235b6e7fa788b4a0914a959c7ccb38f6cb2706a4c5bd68c0d64f22ba7772baf9

We will now add these to main.ccp.
Code:
@@ -35,7 +35,7 @@ CTxMemPool mempool;
unsigned int nTransactionsUpdated = 0;

map<uint256, CBlockIndex*> mapBlockIndex;
uint256 hashGenesisBlock("0x");
uint256 hashGenesisBlock("0x235b6e7fa788b4a0914a959c7ccb38f6cb2706a4c5bd68c0d64f22ba7772baf9");
static CBigNum bnProofOfWorkLimit(~uint256(0) >> 20); // Clonecoin: starting difficulty is 1 / 2^12
CBlockIndex* pindexGenesisBlock = NULL;
int nBestHeight = -1;
@@ -2757,7 +2757,7 @@ bool LoadBlockIndex()
        pchMessageStart[1] = 0xb2;
        pchMessageStart[2] = 0xa4;
        pchMessageStart[3] = 0xdc;
        hashGenesisBlock = uint256("0x");
        hashGenesisBlock = uint256("0x235b6e7fa788b4a0914a959c7ccb38f6cb2706a4c5bd68c0d64f22ba7772baf9");
    }

//
@@ -2804,12 +2804,12 @@ bool InitBlockIndex() {
        block.nVersion = 1;
        block.nTime    = 1415210670;
        block.nBits    = 0x1e0ffff0;
        block.nNonce   = 0;
        block.nNonce   = 2110551;

if (fTestNet)
        {
            block.nNonce   = 0;
        }

//// debug print
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/789abc8f316efe9026a781c28934e3d3df69f57a

Recompile the Windows QT. From the Windows cmd, run 
Code:

Your Clonecoin qt should now be available in your C:\clonecoin\release

Now you have your client we need to connect the nodes to check everything is working. You can use testnet though its just as easy to use mainnet.
Connect to your server we set up earlier or use another local machine.
6a. Create a conf.  file. We only create this now to enable mining to check the network.  Your conf. file should be placed in C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin. To create a conf file, right click->new->text document. Copy and paste the code below replacing a suitable username and password. Click save, change file type to all and save as clonecoin.conf. Or just download this one.
Code:
rpcuser=Yourusername
rpcpassword=Yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
port=10333
rpcport=10332
addnode=54.232.218.200

6b. Connect
Server- upload your client to the server and start the client. The two clients should connect.
Home Network- you may need to add your local ip's to the conf file. To do this type cmd to bring up command prompt, type ipconfig and use the IPv4 address in your addnodes from both machines.
Code:
rpcuser=Yourusername
rpcpassword=Yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
port=10333
rpcport=10332
addnode=10.0.0.18
addnode=10.0.0.31

Once both clients are connected you can start to mine blocks. You can either use the traditional Scrypt miner or type setgenerate true-1 into your main console. Mine as many blocks as you want, checking diff adjustment and ensure block rewards are correct. It is advised to confirm some transactions, send some coins and check the client for any errors or adjustments. In this case I missed the toolbar.png and testnet_toolbar.png as a deliberate example of why you  "SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CLIENT BEFORE RELEASE"

If you want to restart the chain you need to delete the chain by going to your Clonecoin roaming folder on both machines and deleting everything.

If you followed all the steps above you should be sitting with a lovely source code and compiled client. We have a few things to finish and checkpointing the premine is highly important. Many coin launches have been lost by people not knowing or forgetting to do this step. Without a premine you can very likely kiss your premine goodbye to a hash attack on launch.

Start your compiled clients on both machines. Since we deleted the blockchain earlier mine your premine, plus 2-3 blocks.
Open the concole on the clonecoin client and type getblockhash 1, getblockhash 2, getblockhash 3. We will use these three hashes to checkpoint the premine. We also need some data from the  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin\debug file.
We are looking for the details of the highest checkpointed block, in this case block 3.
Code:
2014-11-11 15:02:57 SetBestChain: new best=718732cb3323ceaa46c8fc5fd521e7f7e31e424c59cc2a02e4e39c2c7306a649  [b]height=3[/b]  log2_work=22.000022 [b] tx=4 [/b] date=2014-11-11 15:02:57 progress=1.000000
You will need to convert the last block time to epoochtime date=2014-11-11 15:02:57 to 1415718177. http://www.epochconverter.com/
Now we add the block hashes for blocks 1, 2 and 3 and insert the highest block (block 3) details into the  checkpoint block details. We also add the estimated number of transactions per day after the checkpoint.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/d5e61c1d0e7678cc165acf9dc1a27c6d23200030.
Recompile you client.
Back up your  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin folder. This now has your premine.
You now need to check the checkpoints are correct. On the client that does not have the premine, navigate to  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin and delete all contents besides your wallet.dat(Very Important Do NOT DELETE) and clonecoin.conf files.

Restart the client. If your checkpoints are correct the client should update and sync without issues.

8. Clean up your code.
Clean up your read me with your new specifications, rewards, website etc.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/13fc52d07ed55d5b95071a043e88b13a6ad92a67
Remove your build deps and changes from clonecoin-qt.pro
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/437d50f106d588edd95fd35eec06b2da7cf3d49e

9. Compiling Clonecoind.
 Navigate to  C:\clonecoin\src\makefile.mingw and open with your text editor.
Code:
USE_UPNP:=-
USE_IPV6:=1

DEPSDIR?=/usr/local
BOOST_SUFFIX?=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_52

INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"$(CURDIR)" \
 -I"$(DEPSDIR)/include"

LIBPATHS= \
 -L"$(CURDIR)/leveldb" \
 -L"$(DEPSDIR)/lib"

LIBS= \
 -l leveldb \
 -l memenv \
 -l boost_system$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_filesystem$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_program_options$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_thread$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_chrono$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l db_cxx \
 -l ssl \
 -l crypto

DEFS=-D_MT -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE
DEBUGFLAGS=-g
CFLAGS=-mthreads -O2 -w -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter $(DEBUGFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDEPATHS)
# enable: ASLR, DEP and large address aware
LDFLAGS=-Wl,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--large-address-aware
to
Code:
USE_UPNP:=1

DEPSDIR?=/usr/local
BOOST_SUFFIX?=-mgw49-mt-s-1_55

INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"$(CURDIR)" \
 -I"/c/deps/boost_1_55_0" \
 -I"/c/deps" \
 -I"/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -I"/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1j/include"

LIBPATHS= \
 -L"$(CURDIR)/leveldb" \
 -L"/c/deps/boost_1_55_0/stage/lib" \
 -L"/c/deps/miniupnpc" \
 -L"/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -L"/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1j"

LIBS= \
 -l leveldb \
 -l memenv \
 -l db_cxx \
 -l ssl \
 -l crypto

DEBUGFLAGS=-g
CFLAGS=-mthreads -O2 -w -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter $(DEBUGFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDEPATHS)
LDFLAGS=-Wl,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--large-address-aware -static

We change the deps to point to the deps we created earlier. If you chose to place your deps in a different folder, change the code to point to your folders. We also  -static to LDFLAGS=-Wl,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--large-address-aware -static for static linked exe,  updated UPNP Includes and Lib paths to enable UPNP.

In the Msys shell, you can now compile litecoind.
Code:
cd /c/clonecoin/src
make -f makefile.mingw
strip clonecoind.exe

Your clonecoind should now be in your C:\clonecoin\src folder.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/6b124d98f059fb42b2b8837b520b6a626ec6f5ef

9b. Remove libleveldb.a and libmemev.a from C:\Clonecoin\src\leveldb. Remove your clonecoin-qt from the release folder and zip for release. Delete the release, debug and build folders. This is your code for release.

1. Create a Github account.
2. Download the latest Github Windows client
https://windows.github.com/
Run the Github install and use your log in details from Github to log into the client.
3. Navigate to you Github account, click repositories->new. Enter the repository name, description and public or private. Public allows everyone to see your code and is recommended for advanced users who can push codes quickly. Most launches will choose a paid private account, allowing them to pre-load the release source code and open the repository from public to private instantly.
Click done, then on the next screen click the green Set up in Desktop button. Allow the browser to launch the Github client, select the location of your Github depositories, usually in the Github folder of your documents. Click ok. You now have a folder that you can update your source code and easily push commits to Github.

10a. Easy Pushing Commits/Launch Code.
Copy and paste your source code into the documents/github/yourcoinnamefolder. In your Windows Github client, click on your client name on the left hand side. You Github client should recognise a host of changes if present. Fill in the commit details, select the files that need to be committed, usually all and on by default and press commit.
On the top right hand side will be a publish or sync box, click that and the Github Windows client will push the changes and source code to your repository on Github.

10b. Easy Revert Commits.
Open your Github client and ensure its sync'd. Highlight your repository. Click on the commit to you wish to rollback, then revert. On the top right hand side will be a publish or sync box, click that and the Github Windows client will push the revert to your repository on Github.

Log into your Github Windows client. Click on the altcoin tab in the left and click sync to ensure your local code is up to date. Edit your local code in your documents/github/yourcoinname folder. Once your Github client picks up the changes enter the commit details and commit to Github.

11. Common Errors/Mistakes.
I am getting "this" error.
Most errors can be solved with a little effort. The compiler will usually display an error message or warning. Read it. If it's UPNP error check your directories in your pro file, then check your UPNP deps, rebuild them. Google it. Most things can be solved far quicker with a little investigation into the errors vs posting in a forum and awaiting reply.

I am still seeing the old logos on my desktop shortcuts.
Windows cache has cached the image. The easiest way to solve this is run a program such as Glarys Utilities to clear your PC. Also delete the build folder in between builds to ensure your builds are clean.

[c]Makefile.Release:291: recipe for target 'release\clonecoin-qt.exe' failed
Close your client.

12. Creating your own logo.
There are a few easy ways to get a logo. If you have Photoshop and want a easy template try http://apsdfile.com/coin-generator-for-photoshop/.
Install GIMP. GIMP is a free utility available to download from http://www.gimp.org/ and try youtube vids.
For those looking for an even faster alternative try tools like http://www.onlinebadgemaker.com/3d-badge-maker. These can be used for quick launches or temporary images while you wait, purchase or make an official one.

13. The Website.
13a. The Template. Download and install a free website editor. Bluegriffon is a prime example. http://bluegriffon.org/. Find yourself a suitable template at http://www.freshdesignweb.com/free-html5-css3-templates.html.
Download and edit the template with all your coin details.
Create an account at NAMECHEAP, Namecheap accept BTC and have the most awesome support.
Register your domain and hosting at the same time. That way there is no DNS delay. Usually you can pick up a year hosting with domain and ssl if you want for under .15BTC. O may add installing an ssl cert later. If this is a one off coin launch a simple hosting plan will suffice, if your looking to launch more coins, choose a dedicated server or reseller plan. Find more at Namecheap.
Once your order is confirmed log into cpanel with the details provided, enable cloudflare and ssl of you purchased it. Single hosting plans will require support for ssl, dedicated or reseller accounts have the ability to self enable through WHM.
In CPanel, go to file manger and upload your site to the public_html folder. Your website should be now viewable on your domain.

Launching a coin is the make or break point. Depending on the style of launch will dictate how you prepare.

14a. Prelaunch.
The key to a good launch is timing and consistency. Don't release the code early and make sure it works.
Create your Bitcointalk account. The earlier the better to get rid of posting restrictions on new accounts. Create accounts on Twitter, Facebook, cryptocointalk, IRC, Reddit and all the usual channels.
14b. The Ninja- This gives the developer more time, no restrictions with no one looking or ready. With these coins you can set the network up early and don't have people looking for the code. Uploading the code to github a minute easily will likely be enough time to stop anyone searching. Website can go live early and some argue it gives miners a better chance. Usually a ninja launch involves a instamine allowing the developers to mine many blocks.
14c. The Pumped. Harder to do. The pre-hype means you will have people looking for the code on Github and websites. Your code needs to be solid to handle a massive intake of hashing power and be prepared for the harshest critics.
14d. The ICO. An advanced pump  coin that needs a reliable escrow, good hype and delivery of goods. Most ICO's deliver nothing but BTC to the developer and broken promises to the users. Find a good escrow, take time with your code and remember to keep an open and clear communication.
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:26:42 AM

As for me, coin cloning is not so convincing doing which can lead many losses, I prefer more reliable ways of earning that I can trust without any doubts.
sofmyhad

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:20:03 AM

I don't support this deal, I think it can be the one of reasons for the recovering of cryptocurrency market which is possible to be in the nearest time.
Jewelettes

Activity: 581
Merit: 254

I am simply ME.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 06:03:44 AM

Here you go.

1. Pre Installers.
  • 1a. Winrar
    1b. Compression
    1c. MinGW
2. Windows Deps.
  • 2a. OpenSSL
    2b.Berkeley DB
    2c. Boost
    2d. MiniUPNP
    2e. Protoc and Libprotobuf
    2f. Libpng
    2g. qrencode

4. The Clone
  • 4a. Source Code
    4b. Copy and Replace Litecoin
    4c. Copy and Replace LTC
    4i. Change alert keys.
    4p. Change re-targeting
    4r. Update Images.
    4s. Update Seed node/ AWS Seed node guide.
  • 5a. Ability to hash Genesis Block.

• 6a. Create a conf.
    6b. Connect- server and home network.

8. Clean up You Code.

9. Compiling Clonecoind.
  • 9a. Compile Clonecoind.
    9b. Remove and cleanup.

• 10a. Easy Pushing Commits/Launch code.
    10b. Easy Revert Commits

11. Common Errors

12. Quick Logos

13. The Website.
  • 13a. The Template.
  • 14a. Prelaunch
    14b. The Ninja
    14c. The Pumped.
    14d. The ICO.

1. Pre Installers.
1a.1a. File Compressor/Extractor
Download and install Winrar or an alternate file compression tool.
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

1b. Text Editor.
Download and install a text editor such as Sublime Text. You need a text editor that can easily search and replace case sensitive text.

1c. Download and install MingW
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get-setup.exe/download
Double click to install, keep the checkbox for the GUI checked and make sure to install in C:\MinGW. Press continue. From the MinGW GUI interface, go to all packages -> MYSYS
Right click on the following installations and mark for installation.

msys-base-bin (may highlight other checkboxes which is fine)
msys-autoconf-bin
msys-automake-bin
msys-libtool-bin

Click on Installation -> Apply changes. MinGW will now download the remaining packages. Make sure to remove any previous installs of MinGW before starting.
Once complete, navigate to C:\MinGW\bin and you should only have a mingw-get application. If you have msys-gcc and msys-w32api you need to delete MinGW and check the correct install packages are selected above.

Download and extract mingw32 to C:\mingw32
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.9.1/theads-posix/dwarf/i686-4.9.1-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1.7z/download
You now need to change the path variables. Go to control panel->system and security->system. Click on advanced system properties->environmental variables. In the top box navigate to PATH and change to
Code:
C:\mingw32\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Checking your MingW install. To start the MingW app navigate to C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat, create a desktop shortcut as you will use the msys command as well as the windows command prompts. Double click to start and enter the following to display the version and correct paths.
Code:
gcc -v

Your msys output should look like the following code.
Code:
$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=c:\mingw32\bin\gcc.exe
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw32/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.1/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: i686-w64-mingw32
Configured with: ../../../src/gcc-4.9.1/configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --build=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=i686-w64-mingw32 --prefix=/
mingw32 --with-sysroot=/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32 --with-gxx-include-dir=/mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/c++
 --enable-shared --enable-static --disable-multilib --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,lto --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes -
-enable-threads=posix --enable-libgomp --enable-libatomic --enable-lto --enable-graphite --enable-checking=release --enable-fully-dynam
ic-string --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2 --disable-isl-version-check --disable-cloog-ve
rsion-check --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-bootstrap --disable-rpath --disable-win32-registry --disable-nls
 --disable-werror --disable-symvers --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-arch=i686 --with-tune=generic --with-libiconv --with-system-zlib
 --with-gmp=/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-mpfr=/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-mpc=
/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-isl=/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --with-cloog=/c/mingw491
/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static --enable-cloog-backend=isl --with-pkgversion='i686-posix-dwarf-rev1, Built by MinGW-W64 project'
 --with-bugurl=http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64 CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe -I/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32/opt/in
clude -I/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-zlib-static/include -I/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static/include' CXXFLAGS='-O2 -
pipe -I/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32/opt/include -I/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-zlib-static/include -I/c/mingw4
91/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static/include' CPPFLAGS= LDFLAGS='-pipe -L/c/mingw491/i686-491-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1/mingw32/opt/li
b -L/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-zlib-static/lib -L/c/mingw491/prerequisites/i686-w64-mingw32-static/lib -Wl,--large-address-aware'
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.1 (i686-posix-dwarf-rev1, Built by MinGW-W64 project)

If you are having issues I have uploaded a MinGW install here

2. Download and Install Dependencies.
Create a deps folder at C:\deps.  If you want to cheat you can download the pre-built dependencies here, though it is recommended to build your own.

2a. OpenSLL- Install OpenSSL dependencies on Windows.
Download the latest version of OpenSSL https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1j.tar.gz to your deps folder.
Open the MinGW shell at C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat
Code:
cd /c/deps/
tar xvfz openssl-1.0.1j.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.1j
./Configure no-zlib no-shared no-dso no-krb5 no-camellia no-capieng no-cast no-cms no-dtls1 no-gost no-gmp no-heartbeats no-idea no-jpake no-md2 no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-rdrand no-rfc3779 no-rsax no-sctp no-seed no-sha0 no-static_engine no-whirlpool no-rc2 no-rc4 no-ssl2 no-ssl3 mingw
make

2b. Berkeley DB
Download http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz and place in your deps folder.
In the MinGW shell use the following code.
Code:
cd /c/deps/
tar xvfz db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-mingw --enable-cxx --disable-shared --disable-replication
make

2c. Boost
Download Boost to your deps folder. http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.55.0/boost_1_55_0.zip/download
Make sure to download either the 7z or zip versions. Double click on the folder to extract boost_1_55_0 in your deps folder. This may take several minutes depending on your PC's speed. Using the Windows command prompt, bootstrap and compile boost. To bring up the windows command prompt just type cmd in the windows search bar.

Code:
cd C:\deps\boost_1_55_0\
bootstrap.bat mingw
b2 --build-type=complete --with-chrono --with-filesystem --with-program_options --with-system --with-thread toolset=gcc variant=release link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static stage

2d. Mini UPNP
Download and extract MiniUPNP http://miniupnp.free.fr/files/download.php?file=miniupnpc-1.9.20140911.tar.gz to your deps folder.
Rename  folder from "miniupnpc-1.9.20140911" to "miniupnpc" then from a Windows command prompt:
Code:
cd C:\deps\miniupnpc
mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw init upnpc-static

2e. Protoc and Libprotobuf:
Download and extract http://protobuf.googlecode.com/files/protobuf-2.5.0.zip to your deps folder.
In the msys shell run
Code:
cd /c/deps/protobuf-2.5.0
make

2f. libpng
Download and extract http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libpng/libpng-1.6.14.tar.gz?download to your deps folder. Extract.
In msys shell run
Code:
cd /c/deps/libpng-1.6.14
make
cp .libs/libpng16.a .libs/libpng.a

2g. qrencode
Download and extract http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/qrencode-3.4.4.tar.gz to your deps folder.
In msys shell run
Code:
cd /c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4

LIBS="../libpng-1.6.14/.libs/libpng.a ../../mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libz.a" \
png_CFLAGS="-I../libpng-1.6.14" \
png_LIBS="-L../libpng-1.6.14/.libs" \
configure --enable-static --disable-shared --without-tools

make

Download and uncompress http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.6/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.6.zip to C:\Qt\4.8.6. Once again check it resides in C:\Qt\4.8.6 not C:\Qt\4.8.6\4.8.6. Due to a bug in 4.8.6 you will need to apply the patch available here. For those who can't find or work it out, you need to change the following lines in C:\Qt\4.8.6\tools\configure\configureapp.cpp or download the patched file here and replace it in C:\Qt\4.8.6\tools\configure\configureapp.cpp
Code:
2180  |  -  const QString mingwPath = dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].endsWith("-g++") ?
2180  |  +  const QString mingwPath = dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].contains("-g++") ?
2252  |   -  if (dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].endsWith("-g++")+
2252  |  +  if (dictionary["QMAKESPEC"].contains("-g++")+

From your Windows command prompt run
Code:
cd C:\Qt\4.8.6
configure -release -opensource -confirm-license -static -no-sql-sqlite -no-qt3support -no-opengl -qt-zlib -no-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -no-libtiff -qt-libjpeg -no-dsp -no-vcproj -no-openssl -no-dbus -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-multimedia -no-audio-backend -no-webkit -no-script -no-scripttools -no-declarative -no-declarative-debug -qt-style-windows -qt-style-windowsxp -qt-style-windowsvista -no-style-plastique -no-style-cleanlooks -no-style-motif -no-style-cde -nomake demos -nomake examples
mingw32-make

Now we are ready to start the cloning process. If you are worried about compilation, it would be wise to jump ahead and ensure everything is working with compiling the client  before working with the clone.

4. The Clone
In this guide we will be cloning Litecoin. Litecoin is a Scrypt based coin and the original altcoin. I will be calling this coin Clonecoin (CLN).

4a. Download and extract the Litecoin source.
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin. In this guide I will be placing the source code in C:\Clonecoin

Copy and Replace Litecoin
Using your test editor, search out and replace all instances of Litecoin with Clonecoin. Make sure your search is case sensitive and search for all instances Litecoin with Clonecoin, litecoin with clonecoin etc. Run a search without case sensitivity before continuing to ensure you have all instances.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/61a9b7b8ea5db179b30f979d109847e473d0de81

4c. Copy and Replace LTC.
Using your test editor, search out and replace all instances of LTC with CLN.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/7b6a2ad68deb97caab802c460ebfe5104fa72e2c

Search for an appropriate port and rpc number http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers. Litecoin uses  port 9333 testnet 19333, rpcport 9332 testnet 19332. We will change them to port 10333 testnet 11333, rpcport 10332 testnet 11332
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/7f149b069f77b3e174ca8a7b10b98287c3e663a9

In this case we change the 48 to 28, therefore all addresses will start with C.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/d0621b86a358e93495658d564640144458aab8ee

Since its really a fork of Litecoin we will bring the version numbers up to 1.0.0.0.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/95d0bef6e6a7bf27f3ed6d8153fccf8275524ba9

Here we change the LTC addresss Ler4HNAEfwYhBmGXcFP2Po1NpRUEiK8km2 to a Clonecoin mystery address starting with c. (see step 6d)
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/9a5321bfb9b0482ed3b435edb815d8eee268b949

We want these to be unique to Clonecoin. Be wary of changing pchMessageStart to to letters other than a-f. All numbers are fine to use.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/011b9a8e713821d8010a827f7aeacf09c772a267

4i. Change alert keys.
We just change these to be different from Litecoin to avoid the Litecoin messages. I will link another guide here on how they work when complete and how to use them.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/0798f246007c9196bcfcf39c2ef2222a660d59d2

These will be replaced later on though for now and in the near future they are no longer needed.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/46bbcb1377ac2db0f8dabc19faffb9ab6f989cb6

We remove the testnet genesis block and nonce.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/24cf6793c02369fc60a8b67645818f0cf7d1252a

To create a genesis block we need an epoochtime and verbal timestamp. The current epoochtime can be found http://www.epochconverter.com/ and find the latest news headline for your verbal timestamp. We also replace the testnet timestamp.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/790f9964abdb0543abe1ee1801562a004349e719

We comment out the hardcoded checkpoint and change the genesis block checkpoint.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/fe0d86a278f4d6470bee697a25256b0340cfc9fd

We just multiplied total coins by 10 and reduced coin based maturity. The higher the number of confirmations the better for the network.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/c43361429062f04b5697f9e9fca19e2f15d2e634

https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/8796946bd1d3d5d15d06ba0e72e4b6bbf1fe1d06

4p. Change re-targeting from the ridiculous 2.5 days to every 5 minutes.
This is cutting out a small portion of instamining.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/a3df6e9dc15009bdb22c60a496c109334cc55864

Since we initially increased block rewards by x10, we will increase the base reward from 50 to 500. We then add a premine on block 2 as well as a staggered decrease in block sizes.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/ddc36732b46fbc38ca06012be127ff994177192d

4r. Update Images.
If you have not already, you will need a splash and logo.
You will need to update src/rec/icons- bitcoin.png, bitcoin_testnet.png, bitcoin.icon, bitcoin_testnet.icon all 256x256 pixels. toolbar.png and toolbar_testnet.png to 16x16 pixels.
also update src/res/images splash.png, splash_testnet.png and about.png.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/08edb2f2648acc373e60c44fbd0558c514697ff7

4s. Update Seed node- First you will need to create a dedicated node. This is a quick easy guide.
Head to https://console.aws.amazon.com and create an account. Click on the EC2 link on the left. AWS pricing can be found http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/
Create and instance, select Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Base, select your server preference- we chose t2.micro which is free tier eligible. Click Next: Configure Instance Details, highlight Protect against accidental termination, click review and launch.
Go to security settings, open all ports and click launch. Create a security key pair and make sure to download it and keep it safe. Launch your instance.
On the aws instance home screen click the Elastic IP tab, click allocate Ip address and confirm. While still in the Elastic IP tab, click allocate and allocate to the instance by clicking the top checkbox and identifying your server. Confirm. Your instance will take around 15 minutes to launch.
To connect. Click the instance tab, highlight your instance and press connect. Using your key from earlier, you are now able to download a server shortcut and server password.
Using your new Elastic IP, replace your new IP removing Litecoin old seed nodes.
src/net.cpp
Code:
static const char *strMainNetDNSSeed[][2] = {
    {"clonecointools.com", "54.232.218.200"},
    {NULL, NULL}
};
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/92e520e8a80294a1964bca707ddca704c2c0bdc9

4.t Change the name of the bitcoin-qt.pro file to clonecoin-qt.pro
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/d309822b3b6519ca6424ac74df054ad351db1d88

5a. Ability to hash Genesis Block.We now need to add the ability to hash a new genesis block so we add the following code to main.cpp.
main.cpp
Code:
 if (true && block.GetHash() != hashGenesisBlock)
        {
            printf("Searching for genesis block...\n");
            // This will figure out a valid hash and Nonce if you're
            // creating a different genesis block:
            uint256 hashTarget = CBigNum().SetCompact(block.nBits).getuint256();
            uint256 thash;
            char scratchpad[SCRYPT_SCRATCHPAD_SIZE];

loop
            {
                scrypt_1024_1_1_256_sp(BEGIN(block.nVersion), BEGIN(thash), scratchpad);
                if (thash <= hashTarget)
                    break;
                if ((block.nNonce & 0xFFF) == 0)
                {
                    printf("nonce %08X: hash = %s (target = %s)\n", block.nNonce, thash.ToString().c_str(), hashTarget.ToString().c_str());
                }
                ++block.nNonce;
                if (block.nNonce == 0)
                {
                    printf("NONCE WRAPPED, incrementing time\n");
                    ++block.nTime;
                }
            }
            printf("block.nTime = %u \n", block.nTime);
            printf("block.nNonce = %u \n", block.nNonce);
            printf("block.GetHash = %s\n", block.GetHash().ToString().c_str());

}
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/8b2e543c6f9c6dde0ebb8a7b73fd06c6d7de18ec

Create libleveldb.a and libmemenv.a.
Using Msys shell, run. For this we have Clonecoin in C:/Clonecoin
Code:
cd /C/clonecoin/src/leveldb
TARGET_OS=NATIVE_WINDOWS make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a
If the file already exists, Msys will inform you so.

Open your Clonecoin-qt.pro file.
 We now need to change the dependency directory locations
Code:

OBJECTS_DIR = build
MOC_DIR = build
UI_DIR = build
to
Code:
BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/boost_1_55_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/boost_1_55_0/stage/lib
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
BDB_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/openssl-1.0.1j/include
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/openssl-1.0.1j
MINIUPNPC_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/
MINIUPNPC_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/miniupnpc
QRENCODE_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/qrencode-3.4.4
QRENCODE_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs
OBJECTS_DIR = build
MOC_DIR = build
UI_DIR = build
and comment out the genleveldb command
Code:
genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS 
to
Code:
#genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS 
and add the flags for a static build.
Add to
Code:
CONFIG += static
to
Code:
CONFIG += thread
CONFIG += static

and

Code:
win32:QMAKE_LFLAGS *= -Wl,--large-address-aware
to
Code:
win32:QMAKE_LFLAGS *= -Wl,--large-address-aware  -static

Code:
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/5c82150b6d017412f6df4f06f86941de2bebae83
Your Clonecoin qt should now be available in your C:\clonecoin\release folder after around 5 minutes. If errors occur, scroll up and read them try to identify and fix.

Start your Clonecoin-qt. You should see an error Assertion failed!
Navigate to your Clonecoin appdata folder C:\Users\(YOUR*PC*NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Clonecoin and open the debug log in a text editor. The folder is hidden by default, so typing %appdata% in the Windows search bar will bring up access to the roaming\clonecoin folder.
Scroll to the bottom of the text to find the following lines.
Code:
2014-11-06 17:00:04 LoadBlockIndexDB(): last block file = 0
2014-11-06 17:00:04 LoadBlockIndexDB(): transaction index disabled
2014-11-06 17:00:04 Initializing databases...
2014-11-06 17:00:04 71154501f2bb79422cb9d06775463810e8ae59243460250f6c942ebd3a9712dd
2014-11-06 17:00:04 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2014-11-06 17:00:04 d010ddcc6651af0e28e50ee36096e438b7974da9d58f1be95a968b180756a0c8

The bottom hash is the merkel root, we take this and add it to main.cpp
Code:
assert(block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0xd010ddcc6651af0e28e50ee36096e438b7974da9d58f1be95a968b180756a0c8"));

https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/c776fb6da5599cc9a3bde9749880d9a1f9a1222a

We now need to recompile the client in Windows cmd. You can remove the path and directory if you still have the client open.
Code:

Restart the client. The previous Merkel error should  not occur and the client should appear to hang on launch. It is now hashing your genesis block. How long this takes can vary from a few seconds to minutes. Once the client hangs with a genesis block error, open your debug text file again in your Clonecoin appdata folder C:\Users\(YOUR*PC*NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Clonecoin
Code:
2014-11-05 18:29:11 block.nNonce = 2110551 
2014-11-05 18:29:11 block.GetHash = 235b6e7fa788b4a0914a959c7ccb38f6cb2706a4c5bd68c0d64f22ba7772baf9

We will now add these to main.ccp.
Code:
@@ -35,7 +35,7 @@ CTxMemPool mempool;
unsigned int nTransactionsUpdated = 0;

map<uint256, CBlockIndex*> mapBlockIndex;
uint256 hashGenesisBlock("0x");
uint256 hashGenesisBlock("0x235b6e7fa788b4a0914a959c7ccb38f6cb2706a4c5bd68c0d64f22ba7772baf9");
static CBigNum bnProofOfWorkLimit(~uint256(0) >> 20); // Clonecoin: starting difficulty is 1 / 2^12
CBlockIndex* pindexGenesisBlock = NULL;
int nBestHeight = -1;
@@ -2757,7 +2757,7 @@ bool LoadBlockIndex()
        pchMessageStart[1] = 0xb2;
        pchMessageStart[2] = 0xa4;
        pchMessageStart[3] = 0xdc;
        hashGenesisBlock = uint256("0x");
        hashGenesisBlock = uint256("0x235b6e7fa788b4a0914a959c7ccb38f6cb2706a4c5bd68c0d64f22ba7772baf9");
    }

//
@@ -2804,12 +2804,12 @@ bool InitBlockIndex() {
        block.nVersion = 1;
        block.nBits    = 0x1e0ffff0;
        block.nNonce   = 0;

if (fTestNet)
        {
            block.nNonce   = 0;
        }

//// debug print
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/789abc8f316efe9026a781c28934e3d3df69f57a

Recompile the Windows QT. From the Windows cmd, run 
Code:

Your Clonecoin qt should now be available in your C:\clonecoin\release

Now you have your client we need to connect the nodes to check everything is working. You can use testnet though its just as easy to use mainnet.
Connect to your server we set up earlier or use another local machine.
6a. Create a conf.  file. We only create this now to enable mining to check the network.  Your conf. file should be placed in C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin. To create a conf file, right click->new->text document. Copy and paste the code below replacing a suitable username and password. Click save, change file type to all and save as clonecoin.conf. Or just download this one.
Code:
rpcuser=Yourusername
rpcpassword=Yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
port=10333
rpcport=10332
addnode=54.232.218.200

6b. Connect
Server- upload your client to the server and start the client. The two clients should connect.
Home Network- you may need to add your local ip's to the conf file. To do this type cmd to bring up command prompt, type ipconfig and use the IPv4 address in your addnodes from both machines.
Code:
rpcuser=Yourusername
rpcpassword=Yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
port=10333
rpcport=10332
addnode=10.0.0.18
addnode=10.0.0.31

Once both clients are connected you can start to mine blocks. You can either use the traditional Scrypt miner or type setgenerate true-1 into your main console. Mine as many blocks as you want, checking diff adjustment and ensure block rewards are correct. It is advised to confirm some transactions, send some coins and check the client for any errors or adjustments. In this case I missed the toolbar.png and testnet_toolbar.png as a deliberate example of why you  "SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CLIENT BEFORE RELEASE"

If you want to restart the chain you need to delete the chain by going to your Clonecoin roaming folder on both machines and deleting everything.

If you followed all the steps above you should be sitting with a lovely source code and compiled client. We have a few things to finish and checkpointing the premine is highly important. Many coin launches have been lost by people not knowing or forgetting to do this step. Without a premine you can very likely kiss your premine goodbye to a hash attack on launch.

Start your compiled clients on both machines. Since we deleted the blockchain earlier mine your premine, plus 2-3 blocks.
Open the concole on the clonecoin client and type getblockhash 1, getblockhash 2, getblockhash 3. We will use these three hashes to checkpoint the premine. We also need some data from the  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin\debug file.
We are looking for the details of the highest checkpointed block, in this case block 3.
Code:
2014-11-11 15:02:57 SetBestChain: new best=718732cb3323ceaa46c8fc5fd521e7f7e31e424c59cc2a02e4e39c2c7306a649  [b]height=3[/b]  log2_work=22.000022 [b] tx=4 [/b] date=2014-11-11 15:02:57 progress=1.000000
You will need to convert the last block time to epoochtime date=2014-11-11 15:02:57 to 1415718177. http://www.epochconverter.com/
Now we add the block hashes for blocks 1, 2 and 3 and insert the highest block (block 3) details into the  checkpoint block details. We also add the estimated number of transactions per day after the checkpoint.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/d5e61c1d0e7678cc165acf9dc1a27c6d23200030.
Recompile you client.

8. Clean up your code.
Clean up your read me with your new specifications, rewards, website etc.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/13fc52d07ed55d5b95071a043e88b13a6ad92a67
Remove your build deps and changes from clonecoin-qt.pro
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/437d50f106d588edd95fd35eec06b2da7cf3d49e

9. Compiling Clonecoind.
 Navigate to  C:\clonecoin\src\makefile.mingw and open with your text editor.
Code:
USE_UPNP:=-

DEPSDIR?=/usr/local
BOOST_SUFFIX?=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_52

INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"$(CURDIR)" \
 -I"$(DEPSDIR)/include"

LIBPATHS= \
 -L"$(CURDIR)/leveldb" \
 -L"$(DEPSDIR)/lib"

LIBS= \
 -l leveldb \
 -l memenv \
 -l db_cxx \
 -l ssl \
 -l crypto

DEBUGFLAGS=-g
LDFLAGS=-Wl,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--large-address-aware
to
Code:
USE_UPNP:=1

DEPSDIR?=/usr/local
BOOST_SUFFIX?=-mgw49-mt-s-1_55

INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"$(CURDIR)" \
 -I"/c/deps/boost_1_55_0" \
 -I"/c/deps" \
 -I"/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -I"/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1j/include"

LIBPATHS= \
 -L"$(CURDIR)/leveldb" \
 -L"/c/deps/boost_1_55_0/stage/lib" \
 -L"/c/deps/miniupnpc" \
 -L"/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -L"/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1j"

LIBS= \
 -l leveldb \
 -l memenv \
 -l db_cxx \
 -l ssl \
 -l crypto

DEBUGFLAGS=-g
LDFLAGS=-Wl,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--large-address-aware -static

We change the deps to point to the deps we created earlier. If you chose to place your deps in a different folder, change the code to point to your folders. We also  -static to LDFLAGS=-Wl,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--large-address-aware -static for static linked exe,  updated UPNP Includes and Lib paths to enable UPNP.

In the Msys shell, you can now compile litecoind.
Code:
cd /c/clonecoin/src
make -f makefile.mingw
strip clonecoind.exe

Your clonecoind should now be in your C:\clonecoin\src folder.
https://github.com/HowToCloneAnAltcoin/Clonecoin/commit/6b124d98f059fb42b2b8837b520b6a626ec6f5ef

9b. Remove libleveldb.a and libmemev.a from C:\Clonecoin\src\leveldb. Remove your clonecoin-qt from the release folder and zip for release. Delete the release, debug and build folders. This is your code for release.

1. Create a Github account.
2. Download the latest Github Windows client
https://windows.github.com/
Run the Github install and use your log in details from Github to log into the client.
3. Navigate to you Github account, click repositories->new. Enter the repository name, description and public or private. Public allows everyone to see your code and is recommended for advanced users who can push codes quickly. Most launches will choose a paid private account, allowing them to pre-load the release source code and open the repository from public to private instantly.
Click done, then on the next screen click the green Set up in Desktop button. Allow the browser to launch the Github client, select the location of your Github depositories, usually in the Github folder of your documents. Click ok. You now have a folder that you can update your source code and easily push commits to Github.

10a. Easy Pushing Commits/Launch Code.
Copy and paste your source code into the documents/github/yourcoinnamefolder. In your Windows Github client, click on your client name on the left hand side. You Github client should recognise a host of changes if present. Fill in the commit details, select the files that need to be committed, usually all and on by default and press commit.
On the top right hand side will be a publish or sync box, click that and the Github Windows client will push the changes and source code to your repository on Github.

10b. Easy Revert Commits.
Open your Github client and ensure its sync'd. Highlight your repository. Click on the commit to you wish to rollback, then revert. On the top right hand side will be a publish or sync box, click that and the Github Windows client will push the revert to your repository on Github.

Log into your Github Windows client. Click on the altcoin tab in the left and click sync to ensure your local code is up to date. Edit your local code in your documents/github/yourcoinname folder. Once your Github client picks up the changes enter the commit details and commit to Github.

11. Common Errors/Mistakes.
I am getting "this" error.
Most errors can be solved with a little effort. The compiler will usually display an error message or warning. Read it. If it's UPNP error check your directories in your pro file, then check your UPNP deps, rebuild them. Google it. Most things can be solved far quicker with a little investigation into the errors vs posting in a forum and awaiting reply.

I am still seeing the old logos on my desktop shortcuts.
Windows cache has cached the image. The easiest way to solve this is run a program such as Glarys Utilities to clear your PC. Also delete the build folder in between builds to ensure your builds are clean.

[c]Makefile.Release:291: recipe for target 'release\clonecoin-qt.exe' failed
Close your client.

12. Creating your own logo.
There are a few easy ways to get a logo. If you have Photoshop and want a easy template try http://apsdfile.com/coin-generator-for-photoshop/.
Install GIMP. GIMP is a free utility available to download from http://www.gimp.org/ and try youtube vids.
For those looking for an even faster alternative try tools like http://www.onlinebadgemaker.com/3d-badge-maker. These can be used for quick launches or temporary images while you wait, purchase or make an official one.

13. The Website.
13a. The Template. Download and install a free website editor. Bluegriffon is a prime example. http://bluegriffon.org/. Find yourself a suitable template at http://www.freshdesignweb.com/free-html5-css3-templates.html.
Download and edit the template with all your coin details.
Create an account at NAMECHEAP, Namecheap accept BTC and have the most awesome support.
Register your domain and hosting at the same time. That way there is no DNS delay. Usually you can pick up a year hosting with domain and ssl if you want for under .15BTC. O may add installing an ssl cert later. If this is a one off coin launch a simple hosting plan will suffice, if your looking to launch more coins, choose a dedicated server or reseller plan. Find more at Namecheap.
Once your order is confirmed log into cpanel with the details provided, enable cloudflare and ssl of you purchased it. Single hosting plans will require support for ssl, dedicated or reseller accounts have the ability to self enable through WHM.
In CPanel, go to file manger and upload your site to the public_html folder. Your website should be now viewable on your domain.

Launching a coin is the make or break point. Depending on the style of launch will dictate how you prepare.

14a. Prelaunch.
The key to a good launch is timing and consistency. Don't release the code early and make sure it works.
Create your Bitcointalk account. The earlier the better to get rid of posting restrictions on new accounts. Create accounts on Twitter, Facebook, cryptocointalk, IRC, Reddit and all the usual channels.
14b. The Ninja- This gives the developer more time, no restrictions with no one looking or ready. With these coins you can set the network up early and don't have people looking for the code. Uploading the code to github a minute easily will likely be enough time to stop anyone searching. Website can go live early and some argue it gives miners a better chance. Usually a ninja launch involves a instamine allowing the developers to mine many blocks.
14c. The Pumped. Harder to do. The pre-hype means you will have people looking for the code on Github and websites. Your code needs to be solid to handle a massive intake of hashing power and be prepared for the harshest critics.
14d. The ICO. An advanced pump  coin that needs a reliable escrow, good hype and delivery of goods. Most ICO's deliver nothing but BTC to the developer and broken promises to the users. Find a good escrow, take time with your code and remember to keep an open and clear communication.

Made my head spin when I start to read this. I'll learn how to code when spinning stops though.

Looks like the endless misery of a coin developer revealed Wink

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
▬    Announcement    ▬
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
robertsu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:28:30 PM

The some tokens have a open source code. Sometimes it can be on the Github. There you can to made a copy all code. If really should be have a some small knows in programming.
xjasz

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:12:50 AM

Why do my images not show up?  Do I need to be atleast a jr member?
https://i.ibb.co/6vN2sBC/300.jpg
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: