Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is now preferred to fiat on the street  (Read 1657 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 01:48:18 PM

Today I bought 2 jars of this:

... from my friend on the street who bench pressed a 170kg personal record today. He wanted 25 euros but I only had 20 and 50. I asked if he would be OK if paid him 20 and sent him 5 EUR worth of bitcoins later as payment. Guess what. He asked that he would like to have the whole payment in bitcoins only, if I was cool with it. I was cool with it. This means that people already have more trust in bitcoin than they have in fiat, especially euros.

He also told me that he is planning to take a loan to buy bitcoins with it. Guess what happens when people start taking loans to buy bitcoins? The banks will be milked as the value of their fiat crumbles into dust. The banks will then start to think that why on Earth should they give a loan to people who are going to buy bitcoins, so instead the banks themselves start to buy bitcoins. After that, fiat money will become worthless. Gold and silver will become almost worthless too because everyone realizes that cryptocurrencies are much better than precious metals. This will be the black swan event for precious metals. Bitcoin does not have to be afraid of a black swan event because BITCOIN IS THE BLACK SWAN EVENT.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:06:23 PM

Very representative of society.

Most people that i know don't care about bitcoin, worse,  they laugh at it and make jokes about anyone involved.
Not saying this is representative but at least i have a bigger sample size.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:09:56 PM

I have had the same experience buying something from a friend. It's a good way for them to give bitcoin a shot.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:13:30 PM

Very representative of society.

Most people that i know don't care about bitcoin, worse,  they laugh at it and make jokes about anyone involved.
Not saying this is representative but at least i have a bigger sample size.
I also mentioned Bitcoin last week to a freind of mine last week, when i couldn'd find a cash machine and I said I had Bitcoin in my wallet that I could use.

They scoffed and said "Do you still have bitcoin.. ha!"

I'm not sure everyone has jumped on board yet!
thms

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:24:17 PM

Are you unaware of how embarassing and desperate your fake, fabricated titles are?
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 02:32:45 PM

Are you unaware of how embarassing and desperate your fake, fabricated titles are?

If it embarrasses you but not me then it's your problem not mine you butthurt troll.

Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:41:19 PM

That might well of happend with your friend but everything else you wrote was crap lol

"Few" 'People taking out loans for bitcoin' guess what the banks still get their money back  Cheesy Yes at interest and yes with money that never existed, no room for loss there.

News to you fiat is already worthless and has been since not being backed by gold.

Oh dear gold and silver become worthless because of crypto, now I've heard it all.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 02:51:55 PM

That might well of happend with your friend but everything else you wrote was crap lol

"Few" 'People taking out loans for bitcoin' guess what the banks still get their money back  Cheesy Yes at interest and yes with money that never existed, no room for loss there.

News to you fiat is already worthless and has been since not being backed by gold.

Oh dear gold and silver become worthless because of crypto, now I've heard it all.

These are the early signs. Just because it somehow hurts your ego does not make such events go away. We will start seeing more and more stuff like I described in OP. Gold and silver have only a small intrinsic value in comparison to their current speculative value. They will lose a great portion of their value just because so many people are so god damn sure of their value and don't expect it to fall. For example, look at yourself, you are so delusional that you refuse to think of the possibility that precious metals might lose their centuries old high value. The consequences of bitcoin are much bigger than you can think of.

bumm

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:47:08 PM

... from my friend on the street who bench pressed a 170kg personal record today. He wanted 25 euros but I only had 20 and 50. I asked if he would be OK if paid him 20 and sent him 5 EUR worth of bitcoins later as payment. Guess what. He asked that he would like to have the whole payment in bitcoins only, if I was cool with it. I was cool with it. This means that people already have more trust in bitcoin than they have in fiat, especially euros.

He also told me that he is planning to take a loan to buy bitcoins with it. Guess what happens when people start taking loans to buy bitcoins? The banks will be milked as the value of their fiat crumbles into dust. The banks will then start to think that why on Earth should they give a loan to people who are going to buy bitcoins, so instead the banks themselves start to buy bitcoins. After that, fiat money will become worthless. Gold and silver will become almost worthless too because everyone realizes that cryptocurrencies are much better than precious metals. This will be the black swan event for precious metals. Bitcoin does not have to be afraid of a black swan event because BITCOIN IS THE BLACK SWAN EVENT.
great man ! glad to know that. in our country bitcoin is not THAT popular, but it is gaining popularity. most of people here dont have idea about what bitcoin is. we will see what happens next.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:50:40 PM

I'm not going to comment on whether this or any of your other numerous threads as of late are true or false, but you are starting to sound like the inverse bull troll of kwukduck or NLC with these sensationalist titles. Just sayin'!  Smiley

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 03:53:36 PM

great man ! glad to know that. in our country bitcoin is not THAT popular, but it is gaining popularity. most of people here dont have idea about what bitcoin is. we will see what happens next.

Yeah, I guess I should have added that my country has been the top one in google trends for years when it comes to the "bitcoin" search term.

I'm not going to comment on whether this or any of your other numerous threads as of late are true or false, but you are starting to sound like the inverse bull troll of kwukduck or NLC with these sensationalist titles. Just sayin'!  Smiley

Yeah, you're right, but I bet I'm the lesser evil Cheesy

edit:
you cannot have yin without yang, I'm the servant of the balancing forces in this universe.

farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:44:52 PM

"you cannot have yin without yang, I'm the servant of the balancing forces in this universe."

If you are the yin, I am the yang. Come to the light side, hyena! You've been a bulltard, a shill for the whales and lucky early adopters for far too long. Down with bitcoins, Death to bitcoins, Long live the fiat system!
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:35:58 PM

Ha, is that you in your avatar? I personally think supplements are a waste of time. Just eat well and you'll get all you need.

It's not as easy as that but taking out loans to buy bitcoins isn't a good idea in my opinion. He could find himself in real trouble that way. I'd tell him to just put what he can afford to in bitcoin each month or something.

JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:45:04 PM

I would not like to fully support any of the situation. People entrusting their faith fully in bitcoins ,well that's kind of unacceptable. Don't you think people might find it amusing that a person is getting a loan to buy bitcoins. Like seriously? In an era ,where majority is not informed properly about bitcoins , people would leave gold or other standard currency to buy bitcoins? NO.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:17:03 PM

If someone owed me a few quid I'd prefer to be paid back in BTC but that's because I've been infected. Not too many have.

Taking out a loan for coins? I remember lots of talk of that in late 2013. I think it's a safer bet now than it was then but still...
Greendragon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:28:31 PM

I buy my tren ace in bitcorns to

Wait wut..

And your dbol ?
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:45:12 PM

Ha, is that you in your avatar? I personally think supplements are a waste of time. Just eat well and you'll get all you need.

Yes that's me. I only take protein, creatine, beta-alanine and arginine because they make a huge difference. Also, arginine will make your dick bigger, erection easier and it lowers the blood pressure. I fucking love arginine, it also gives you a monster pump in the gym. Without arginine I can have 3 rounds of good fuck in a row but with arginine I can get up to 6.

It's not as easy as that but taking out loans to buy bitcoins isn't a good idea in my opinion. He could find himself in real trouble that way. I'd tell him to just put what he can afford to in bitcoin each month or something.

He knows what he's doing. He won't end up on street, he's a fighter, been in the rock bottom and got out of it.

I buy my tren ace in bitcorns to

Wait wut..

And your dbol ?

I will probably start taking juice when I'm 40+ years old because then it is justified. The natural production of HGH and testo starts to fall dramatically after that age and could seriously reduce the quality of one's life.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:53:19 PM

The fact that bitcoin is being so popular it has been preferred by most of the people.
But on the street is the first time that i hear
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:23:40 PM

I dont know a single person in real life that has even heard about BTC. I think it's still a tiny amount of people. Once we go mainstream black swan will happen along with an insane price per BTC, but we are still a decade away from that at least. We are still mega pioneer geeks foreseeing the future.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:44:17 PM

Bitcoins are very easy to transfer from one account to the other and hence those who know about them, prefer them to fiat money but at the end everyone converts their bitcoins to fiat at some or the other points. Banks will never adopt it as they may end up losing a lot but they may offer people to buy bitcoins and trade in them just like demat accounts which allow trading in shares.

My friends would never trade in bitcoins as here people consider it illegal (though it's not legalized and not illegal).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: