Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:43:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: House edges compound - Why people always seem to lose at dice  (Read 1428 times)
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:44:05 PM

it's really an interesting topic , some people think that 1% house edge is low but maybe they should read this thread
that's why dice in the long run is very -EV , more bets can lead to incredible results
so yes maybe people who like to play dice should set small goals and try to reach them with few bets

I doubt people will stop gambling even after realizing its heavily -EV. I am sure most of the people are aware of the fact but still chose to gamble even after knowing all that. One roll is all they should play for winning it or losing it. Also since in other games like roulette house edge is more, it would probably also compound to a higher amount so its important to decide what game to gamble on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:49:54 PM

it's really an interesting topic , some people think that 1% house edge is low but maybe they should read this thread
that's why dice in the long run is very -EV , more bets can lead to incredible results
so yes maybe people who like to play dice should set small goals and try to reach them with few bets

I doubt people will stop gambling even after realizing its heavily -EV. I am sure most of the people are aware of the fact but still chose to gamble even after knowing all that. One roll is all they should play for winning it or losing it.

yeah I agree with you , it's hard for gamblers to quite especially if they used to keep rolling
but maybe they will start to wager 100 rolls a day instead of 5000
dice will stay -EV , but rolling less bets can save gamblers some money and their chance of busting their money would be less than the chance by doing thousands rolls
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: