Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removed.  (Read 521 times)
lorylore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:43:28 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 12:53:49 AM by lorylore

Removed.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:46:38 PM

I would see it as fishy if they don't have a signed message. Not posting the private key, I would imagine seller has something to hide. Red trust or not what they say it is  Huh
Too many spidey sense is tingling on that one.
lorylore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:47:34 PM

I would see it as fishy if they don't have a signed message. Not posting the private key, I would imagine seller has something to hide. Red trust or not what they say it is  Huh

It has a negative trust (untrusted), but it is risky that the account can be red.
I dont know what to do.
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:51:25 PM

It has a negative trust (untrusted), but it is risky that the account can be red.
I dont know what to do.
Just don't do it. There are many other sellers in the auction section that will vouch for the accounts they are selling enough to send you the account's private key before you agree on a deal. Those are the ones you trust(that the account is true to what they state it is atleast) and should deal with.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:04:46 PM

I don't see any problem if the seller is okay with it. one month is long enough for someone to notice if their account got hacked. tho be wary if the account have a valid (as in "really happened" valid) negative feedback then someday someone on the DT might find out about it and decide to leave another negative rating

by the way I don't think this thread belongs in meta. it should go to beginners & help or marketplace.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:08:10 PM

Probably not a good idea. One, there are more then enough other accounts for sale out there that it is not a huge deal that you cannot purchase the account you are looking for.

The reason it is a bad idea is because a lot of the accounts that were likely hacked have been potentially idol for a long time so it could be well over a month until the owner comes back trying to claim the account. And just because the account hadn't posted an address doesn't mean that the owner didn't send a PM to Defaulttrust with an address to sign from.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:14:21 PM

Not a good idea to buy a potentially hacked account unless you don't mind losing the account or the money you've paid for it. The person might be a scammer and chances are high that the account may get a negative rating (if the person is a scammer). Buying a non-signed account is just calling for trouble and escrows wouldn't help in this case to keep the money for a month.

lorylore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:01:49 PM

Ok guys thank you for these kind sentences, i decided to not buy the account.
Seems very risky to buy it.
The seller is newbie so dont know what will happened.
Doesnt worth even if the seller get banned.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:55:49 PM

IMO if i am the seller i better not to sell you the account if i should wait for one month before i get the coins as payment so i suggest in your case dont take the risk, you can find another account with signed message
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: