Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GreenAddress.it - Help?  (Read 1489 times)
Nyau (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:43:49 PM

It seems like a good idea for a desktop wallet and secure as far as I can tell but I've only seen it mentioned on the forums once and it doesn't have it's own thread. Can I get some opinions on it?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Friki Verax

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:21:01 PM

GreenAddress.it wallet is an online wallet. If you are looking for a lightweight desktop wallet, you should go for Multibit HD or Electrum.

It is one of the best online wallet. In fact, I don't think there is any other wallet which is as secure as this. But, recently, some people have claimed that there are some problems. I highly recommend you to first test with small amount and if it is working properly, use it. Don't forget to save the locked transaction. It is needed to recover your funds if their site is down.

If you have just searched "GreenAddress bitcointalk", their official announcement thread comes. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521988.0
Nyau (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:27:30 PM

Only online wallet? I think it's desktop too, or not? Well, thanks for this information, I just wanted to know if it's legit Smiley
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:34:35 PM

Only online wallet? I think it's desktop too, or not? Well, thanks for this information, I just wanted to know if it's legit Smiley

Online wallet.

tryexcept

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:44:01 PM

GreenAddress has a desktop and mobile app, just don't use the web wallet version as per warning from the site itself.

The site says:

"For improved security continue the registration via our desktop or mobile apps
Locally installed apps are generally more secure than websites"

It then continues:

"These apps are designed to protect you and your coins even in case the service is compromised and should be preferred over using the browser.

Web access is intended to be used for watch only mode or if you have no alternative, like on the Windows Mobile platform.

Please see the link to Google Play store, Chrome Web Store or AppStore below"

I suggest you check the github repo of all the wallets mentioned and bitcoin.org and choose for yourself, each has pros and cons over the other.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:48:11 PM

GreenAddress has a desktop and mobile app, just don't use the web wallet version as per warning from the site itself.
 -snip-

True but everything is stored in their server which makes it an online wallet.

tryexcept

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:05:11 PM

Not true and not an online wallet (but indeed a multisig oracle)

Please look at the code on github and let us know what is stored on the server that you are not happy with.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: