Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:26:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks Suck  (Read 6146 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:49:47 AM

Aren't you able to deposit the cheque at the ATM?  ATM's are 24 hours and I usually do my deposits on the rare occasion that I receive a cheque.

even if you deposit on saturday, you will get the money on monday, so the 24/7 working is a big joke with atm

they are using those two days to work with your money and investing in assets it is well known...
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bt62567

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:25:10 PM

I may be wrong but I think Saxobank actually caused people on the correct side, even from early on, of the CHF market huge losses, when the central bank removed the floor. Anyone know otherwise?. I think this happened with a few LP's, but not really sure. If true though, just shows you how shady some of the players really are..
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:37:16 PM

Aren't you able to deposit the cheque at the ATM?  ATM's are 24 hours and I usually do my deposits on the rare occasion that I receive a cheque.

even if you deposit on saturday, you will get the money on monday, so the 24/7 working is a big joke with atm

they are using those two days to work with your money and investing in assets it is well known...

It really depends on the bank and how long you've had an account with them.  With my bank, some of the money would be available for use right away.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:42:53 PM

The good thing about bitcoin is that it is available 24 hours a day regardless of whether it is weekday or weekend, you can practically perform cross border transactions and have the fund available in just a matter of hours. Consider that with banks, it will probably take at least a week and you haven't even consider about the fees just yet.

Yeah and online transfers using bitcoin is so fast that it takes hardly 10 mins for the amount to get credited into your account and that also the services are available 24/7. I generally transfer bitcoins to my local currency whenever I am in need of cash so it gets transfer straight away to my bank account with minimal charges.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 09:46:56 PM

The banking system is headed to collapse so keep resisting and building and stacking your BTC. It's just basic macroeconomics, nothing more. A basic understanding of economics doesn't make a person "wedded to bankster propaganda," as if there were such a thing.

You get rid of all those evil banksters and then you'll learn what a modern economy becomes and looks like without banks.

It's hard to call it modern when it doesn't exist yet. Every country in the world operates the same system. The developed countries obviously have greater scale to indulge in what us folks would consider negatives of that system. But there is no country in the world that works on a different system or a better system...so the modern system is what we're proposing we get away from.

What future system would you propose? How do we make the transition without the world as we know it collapsing?

BitcoinMagician

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:46:30 AM

Ugh, I hear you. I had to go wait in line for about an hour to sort out my first ever bank account. "Your signatures across multiple papers, signed on out shitty desks are not similar enough"... I know, safety and making sure I sign properly, blablabla. But there's already a completely reliable way to sign digitally! In fact, it has proven much easier to be my own bank with bitcoin (interest included) than to open an account at a bank. Banks are really full of shit. And don't get me started on the fees. God, the fucking fees. I can't have a good time on vacation without having them suck about 15% of my vacation money just to move it and/pr exchange it into another currency.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:23:09 AM

Ugh, I hear you. I had to go wait in line for about an hour to sort out my first ever bank account. "Your signatures across multiple papers, signed on out shitty desks are not similar enough"... I know, safety and making sure I sign properly, blablabla. But there's already a completely reliable way to sign digitally! In fact, it has proven much easier to be my own bank with bitcoin (interest included) than to open an account at a bank. Banks are really full of shit. And don't get me started on the fees. God, the fucking fees. I can't have a good time on vacation without having them suck about 15% of my vacation money just to move it and/pr exchange it into another currency.

That is the case with every bank. Previously when we were not using bitcoins, we were left with no other option but to approach a bank and all that banking procedures for opening a a/c and paper work, that was just a waste of time, but now we are blessed with bitcoins so I hardly visit the bank & that also only to watch beautiful female employees of the bank  Wink Cheesy
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:55:33 AM

My worst story about a bank was I opened a checking account in a good bank for where I went to college.  After college I had 0 need for the account. 

I went in nicely asked to close my account they gave me like a 50 dollar or something fee they wanted to close the account.  I said I found that a little unfair that I was locked into it till X date. 

So I then asked what was the minimum amount I had to leave in account without a fee.... the manager said there was none.  I nicely told them I would take everything out of my checking account but 5 cents.   They sent me letters about my balance for a year and a half or so until they finally closed it.  I consider that a win for 5 cents.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:50:42 PM

I just visited the bank... denied until Monday.  Embarrassed

Global adoption can't happen soon enough, what a crock of shit this fiat banking system is.

This will change soon my friend, that's why we are all here and busting our asses to give the banks decent competition. And the fact that they are crooks we don't  need to repeat again, everybody knows this now. Lol
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:02:09 PM

I just visited the bank... denied until Monday.  Embarrassed

Global adoption can't happen soon enough, what a crock of shit this fiat banking system is.

This will change soon my friend, that's why we are all here and busting our asses to give the banks decent competition. And the fact that they are crooks we don't  need to repeat again, everybody knows this now. Lol

Yeah, everyone have faced the bad experience with the banks in the past, as they were the monopolists in the market, and we were like their slaves, but now the things have changed, and we don't need banks when it comes to the financial transactions, we have our own bank ie blockchain  Grin
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:24:56 PM

Sorry for your problem and i have never had any problems. maybe you need to ask customer service. what's the problem
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 05:37:18 PM

Yup bank sucks.
I went to a local bank to open a new savings account.
It's so much time consuming to open just a single account.
But with bitcoin, you download a 20mb wallet and you are presented with around 15 to 20 account.

g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:45:37 PM

Your words are music to my ears.  Wink

Every time someone complain to me about their banks, I answer them with this... "Why do you not switch to Bitcoin?"

And them normally answer to you" I cannot switch to bitcoin because its impossible to do with bitcoin all the things that one banks do" I cannot go at supermarket and buy everything I do with bitcoin. I cannot buy bread with bitcoin. I cannot send bitcoin to everyone becouse not all the people I know know bitcoin and have a wallet to store it, becouse I don't have bitcoin every month like the other money, because to change fiat money in bitcoin cost and is money lost. etc etc.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:33:55 PM

Yup bank sucks.
But with bitcoin, you download a 20mb wallet and you are presented with around 15 to 20 account.

The time taken is because of government regulations, not the bank's inefficiency.
Wait till the government starts regulating bitcoin.  Smiley

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:34:26 PM

The banking system is headed to collapse so keep resisting and building and stacking your BTC. It's just basic macroeconomics, nothing more. A basic understanding of economics doesn't make a person "wedded to bankster propaganda," as if there were such a thing.

You get rid of all those evil banksters and then you'll learn what a modern economy becomes and looks like without banks.

It would be a very positive change to society as a whole if the current banking system were to collapse and be rebuilt without corrupt central banks, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.  Even in the next collapse, similar to 2008, I think they will stay with the same FIAT and go to extreme measure (debt) to keep the game alive for another few years.

People are becoming more aware of the banking system and its faults, but not enough people are aware to demand a change, and the government will not propose such a change away from FIAT unless it is demanded and a politicians election depends on it.

That being said, I hope I am wrong, but I don't see the elites of the world backing down ever.
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:31:50 PM

if you need to withdraw money use the ATM, if you have to pay something use the online paying system if you have one, or play your things on time and make a notice that everybody has a working time.
The banks work with your money and give you just a 6 % interest rate, common that is so little. Invest your money in something else Wink
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:27:34 PM

Yup bank sucks.

The time taken is because of government regulations, not the bank's inefficiency.

We really don't know that day would either come or not that governments starts regulating bitcoins, its still a long way to go when government will come in support of bitcoins and yes banking sucks but there is no other option for the people who are not into bitcoins.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:18:29 PM

Yup bank sucks.

We really don't know that day would either come or not that governments starts regulating bitcoins, its still a long way to go when government will come in support of bitcoins and yes banking sucks but there is no other option for the people who are not into bitcoins.

Cold, hard fiat cash still rules, my friend.
There may be a lot of people who are not into bitcoins, but avoid banks like the plague. Cash does wonders for them.

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:16:45 PM

if you need to withdraw money use the ATM, if you have to pay something use the online paying system if you have one, or play your things on time and make a notice that everybody has a working time.
The banks work with your money and give you just a 6 % interest rate, common that is so little. Invest your money in something else Wink

I don't know who you bank with, but my bank definitely doesn't offer anything close to a 6% interest rate (I'm assuming you're talking about deposits).

6% is a very good rate if there's no risk involved, seeing that we can borrow at 2.1% here in Canada.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:29:59 PM

Yup bank sucks.

Cold, hard fiat cash still rules, my friend.
There may be a lot of people who are not into bitcoins, but avoid banks like the plague. Cash does wonders for them.

This is true, but getting rid of fiat cash is already on the global goverment agendas:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-04/researchers-say-cash-could-disappear-within-decade/6278266

Once this happens, there will be no escape except for those that learned how to use Bitcoin and stay anonymous by doing so. And even then, any real state you buy will be linked to your Bitcoin transaction, but its better than nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: