Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:14:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.3.0  (Read 57393 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (13 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
vampirus

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:50:11 PM

Why 5 years? 3-4 years not enough? All 3-4 years.
Good, because protected from attack.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SlimePuppy (OP)

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:49:17 PM

Why 5 years? 3-4 years not enough? All 3-4 years.
Good, because protected from attack.
Nope - they're not protected from attack - they just need different attacks.

Thanks anyway.
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:25:20 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 05:26:59 AM by SlimePuppy

Almost two years after launch, the OP of the project has still not had roadmap. Is the project really developed over the last two years?
If you scroll up a few pages (that'll take less time than reading through all three threads and give you the same info), you'll see that there actually is a roadmap.  If you go back to our launch thread, you'll see that CAT started in 2013.  And we recently released V9.3.0.

If you're part of the CAT community, what would you like to see in the coin?
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:31:19 PM

ty Mike, 100 CAT got in cryptopia
but I try to withdraw but wallet not confirming?
an i try lock wallet but wallet not synch an i deleted and downloaded wallet again, why wallet no synch after lock wallet?
can fix? but wallet download blockchain faster so good

how 22katsuo make CAT? Will pay me? want more CAT but no mine, and no $$$, can help 22katsuo? 22katsuo maybe can help CAT for $$$? make deal?

1 hour 26 minutes, zero confirmations in wallet?

update:2 hours 15 minutes, 7 confirmations Smiley
why CAT delay confirmations?
We have a chart at catcoinwallets.com that shows the blocks in real time.  Your withdrawal will confirm once blocks are solved.  That's the same thing you're seeing in your wallet - when you start a wallet on a long block, it won't finish syncing until the next block is solved.  Please stop spamming to beg for coins.
MikeHenderson

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:34:35 PM

Almost two years after launch, the OP of the project has still not had roadmap. Is the project really developed over the last two years?
If you scroll up a few pages (that'll take less time than reading through all three threads and give you the same info), you'll see that there actually is a roadmap.  If you go back to our launch thread, you'll see that CAT started in 2013.  Thanks for checking in, though.

Who let you out?  Isn't blak cracking the whip on you?  Still plan on having atomic swaps by year end right?
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:52:49 PM

Today's market cap:  $264,000  And we've doubled to 4 US cents per CAT.

We continue to be profitable to mine unlike so many of our copycats (cough...doge...cough) Wink and we have the trust of the community.

As we outlined earlier, our next goal is to get into coinpayments.  To do that, we need more volume - and it has to be more volume on a single exchange, not scattered around multiple exchanges.  That's why we don't want to further dilute trading across multiple platforms.   With international stability being shaken by multiple stressors, and the wider public recognition that crypto works and is a viable option, we see a very long future for CAT.

Over the almost four years since CAT launched, we've sought to step around problems other coin projects jump into head first. One example is the KGW algo.  We recognized it was exploitable, and that it didn't actually defeat switch pools.  While many other coins hard-forked into something like lemmings, we went another way.  Cats aren't herd animals, after all.  Looking ahead, we're working to avoid the massive constipation we can see on the BTC network today. 

So...while I appreciate 22katsuo's and vampirus' enthusiasm, we have zero interest in jumping from meme to meme in order to 'keep up' with the lemmings.

We are CAT.  We will continue to grow and will continue to leave a stable set of paw prints when other coins are history.
chizzy1985

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:09:43 AM

You can haz CATs, chizzy.   Cool  Welcome aboard!

Thank you SlimePuppy i appreciate the warm welcome and i think catcoin has done great i will remain a loyal cat!
kong2029

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:26:38 PM

There is a new use for Catcoin and I hope Slimepuppy can think of a good way to get involved.

http://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2017/12/06/people-are-now-plowing-millions-into-cryptokitties-and-breeding-them/#sthash.tEjL77UQ.dpbs

CryptoKitties accounted for 14% of the Ethereum networks trading yesterday.  This is a full on craze with lots of money being thrown around by increasingly feral cat lovers.  They should be throwing around lots of Catcoin!  Slimepuppy, do your thing!
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:57:15 PM

There is a new use for Catcoin and I hope Slimepuppy can think of a good way to get involved.

http://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2017/12/06/people-are-now-plowing-millions-into-cryptokitties-and-breeding-them/#sthash.tEjL77UQ.dpbs

CryptoKitties accounted for 14% of the Ethereum networks trading yesterday.  This is a full on craze with lots of money being thrown around by increasingly feral cat lovers.  They should be throwing around lots of Catcoin!  Slimepuppy, do your thing!
This has nothing to do with CAT - and it's clogging the Etherium blockchain making valuable transactions jam.  It's crazy, though - so many real cats that need homes.
https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2017/12/virtual-kittens-craze-congests-cryptocurrency-transactions/
vampirus

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:09:06 PM

To @SlimePuppy. If you use so unusual difficulty retarget, try support CAT chain with own hashrate, last block was received 6 hours ago.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:12:31 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 11:29:09 PM by SlimePuppy

To @SlimePuppy. If you use so unusual difficulty retarget, try support CAT chain with own hashrate, last block was received 6 hours ago.
Vampy - I've been mining CAT since December of 2013.  Are you mining?  Or are you just here to troll while you're waiting for your scifi coins to mature?  Cheesy

The high difficulty is a normal aspect of our increased value intersecting with the market flood of Bitmain's L3+s.  Had you been around in 2013 or 2014, you'd have seen the same thing happen to all coins when we moved from CPUs to GPUs, then to profit-switch pools, then to ASICs. The normal routine back then was for a coin to launch with the BTC/LTC diff retarget algo, get hit hard to push the diff up, and then stay hung while the community threw everything they had at the coin for 2016 blocks until they could start to bring the diff back down - and that after a mega-hash pool 'insta-mined' 2000 blocks to drive the diff up.

Our 'unusual' retarget limits the take from a profit-switch hit to about 10 blocks, and we come back down quickly once a couple of high blocks are solved.  Our algo is why we're still a viable coin in this new age of mining.

BTW - 0.057 USD per CAT with a $354,100 market cap and $4K volume.  It just keeps getting better.  Cool

hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:24:02 PM

Honestly, I believe that the popularity of Catcoin will increase, due to the popularity of the sensational game. It will be interesting to watch you. Good luck.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
vampirus

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:52:32 PM

Why I must mining CAT with so unfriendly retarget? When I start mining with constant hashrate and solve several high-diff blocks, jumps out multi pool  and take all low diff blocks.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:00:56 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 02:52:00 AM by SlimePuppy

Why I must mining CAT with so unfriendly retarget? When I start mining with constant hashrate and solve several high-diff blocks, jumps out multi pool  and take all low diff blocks.
All you demonstrate when you ask that question is that you don't understand chaotic systems.  Also...  All coins have a profitibility window.  When a coin is profitable to mine, profit-switch pools jump in.  That's what they do.  That's why they exist.  They're a fact of life in this world, just like rain IRL.

Why should miners support the network?  Because 24/7 hash keeps the difficulty higher - and that keeps the diff at or above the profit-switch pool's trigger point.  24/7 hash also keeps blocks flowing more smoothly.  You understand this, yes?  Oh, also - miners support the network because they're paid to.  

PS - I killed the high blocks.  You're welcome.  ROFL

ETA...do a paper exercise, Vampy, with whichever coin you want.  Even BTC.  Hit it with a huge profit switch spike that doubles the difficulty and then pull off and watch.  What do you expect to see?  Difficulty adjust algos must raise the diff when blocks happen faster (analogue for increased hash rate) and must lower the diff when the average block time exceeds the target rate.  It's what they do.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-confirmationtime.html#3m
Bitcoin's had some multi-hour blocks - and averages more than double the 10 minute target.  Keep in mind that mining is based on the seed from a random number generator.  Sometimes RNGesus is happy, sometimes she's not.  Wink

Also, to directly answer your question:  "Why I must mining CAT..."  You must mining nothing.  You also must posting nothing.  There is no must.  You either choose to because you want to support the coin, or you choose not to.  But if you choose not to, you don't need to pee on the carpet because you understand that life's too short to troll when there's a more productive use of one's time.  Cheers.
vampirus

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:42:56 AM

Reduce block time to 2 min, reward to 10 coins and use my algo for retarget.

Code:
static const int64_t nTargetTimespan = 100 * nStakeTargetSpacing;  // 100 blocks window

int64_t nActualSpacing = pindexPrev->GetBlockTime() - pindexPrevPrev->GetBlockTime();

if(nActualSpacing < 0)  //
    {
        nActualSpacing = 0;
    }
    if(nActualSpacing > nTargetTimespan / 3) //retarget -40% maximum
    {
        nActualSpacing = nTargetTimespan / 3;
    }
    else if(nActualSpacing < nStakeTargetSpacing / 3)  //instamine protection, retarget +7% maximum
    {
        nActualSpacing *= 4;
        nActualSpacing -= nStakeTargetSpacing;
    }

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:28:28 AM

Reduce block time to 2 min, reward to 10 coins and use my algo for retarget.
Thanks but no.  We're a 10 minute coin and follow BTC's halving structure.  Those parameters are NOT negotiable.  There's plenty of history on those topics in the two previous threads, in addition to this one.
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:41:59 PM

Thank you for your continued abuse, 22katsuo.  If you care to, please navigate to the first post in this thread and note the rules of the forum on the bottom of the post.  Should you do that, you'll find that the reason your posts are removed is because they continue to violate the rules of BTCTalk.  While there, please note the names of the folks on the dev team.

If you or your 'friend' are serious about improving CAT, feel free to visit with us on freenode IRC in #catcoin-dev - we're normally available about 20 hours a day and are always logged-in there.

If, on the other hand, you continue to be an abusive troll, your posts will continue to be deleted and you'll continue to be flagged to forum mods to have your account killed.  Your choice.
SlimePuppy (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:02:40 AM

faucet?
any free catcoins
what can we buy with catcoin?
Right now you can buy CAT at Cryptopia and hold or trade them.  Once we grow a bit more, we'll get into coinpayments.  At that point, we can buy whatever we want with CAT.  Blaksmith's working on a faucet and a gaming site.

mangenta

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:11:49 AM

how many Cat tread in this forum , are you running any airdrop right now ?
q9q1na31l

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:04:29 PM

PoW algorithm: Scrypt
Current Code Version: 0.9.3.0
Block reward: 50 CAT
Block time: 10 minutes
Retarget: 1 Block, Using a combination of a PID algorithm designed by Blaksmith and a modification of DigiShield
Max supply: 21 million
Reward halving interval: 210,000 blocks

Miner rewards half soon? or when will miner rewards half?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: