Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:47:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is withdrawing from ATM anonymous?  (Read 1079 times)
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:37:58 PM

I haven't heard of a way to withdraw anonymously. In my opinion the whole concept of a bitcoin ATM kills the reason I liked BTC to begin with.
Why can't they go back to being fun!? Bitcoins were never meant to be for the masses.

Where did you get this idea from? Satoshi wanted a currency that is independent from the banks. And he never spoke about bitcoin should stay a geek currency or a high value transaction currency. He always wanted an alternative to the bank money. That includes that everyone can chose not to use banks, which means adoption by the masses.
spirit of btc

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:15:20 PM

Cellphone number+palm scan+Drivers License I would never use that thing
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 07:25:17 PM

The closest you will get to making an anonymous 'withdraw' will be by selling some coins to someone else.

Not sure how LocalBitcoins work, guess it will be anything but anonymous.
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:36:28 PM

I haven't heard of a way to withdraw anonymously. In my opinion the whole concept of a bitcoin ATM kills the reason I liked BTC to begin with.
Why can't they go back to being fun!? Bitcoins were never meant to be for the masses.

Why are you making false asumtpions? Where was it written that Bitcoin was never meant for the masses? Satoshi designed Bitcoin with features to be able to scale up to a global level.

The only way to withdraw "anonymously" is by meting with a person in real life and exchanging it for cash in-hand, all of the other features will require that you give away a certain % of anonymity. But then again, no one is going to care if you withdraw a BTC for 300 dollars, just mix your coins before withdrawing. If you start withdrawing a lot of money recently then you'll probably get investigated.

There are Bitcoin ATMs that let you withdraw as well as deposit, and some of them only require a cellphone number as ID for small withdrawals. Not all countries have such Bitcoin ATMs and those that do probably have cameras in the nearby streets. Nonetheless, it's a fairly anonymous way to withdraw.
bitcoin1992

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:46:20 PM

ATM only needs to know if I want to withdraw cash or bitcoin, and have me prove it by sending btc for cash or inserting cash for btc. It doesn't need to know anything else.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:29:07 PM

Hi, say if you obtain plastic VISA or MasterCard where you can withdraw your bitcoins directly from any ATM, are you being anonymous when cashing out? In my country every ATM has integrated camera in it.

As far as I know most bitcoin ATMs require some sort of identification if you want to convert your bitcoin to fiat.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: