Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Early adopter or Johnny come lately?  (Read 1148 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:38:58 PM

No one needs to buy the coin....If it gets a million plus users how is that hype? Change your frame of reference something new is contained here. Gemz is a token, it's nessecary for the wheels to,turn in the app, it's a micro economy of you want to describe it more correctly.

The app will I believe put a Bitcoin wallet into the hands of millions of people I believe in the next couple of years....

So how many Bitcoin users are there really now? A few million, we'll triple that and add a zero, this is main stream adoption strategy.

I like the concept. But, is it mandatory to have the wallet on mobile ? I mean, I cant access it from PC ?

And what is the Github location where the source code is hosted ?

The skeleton of the chat app is Tegram based which is downloadable I think, it's open source, that's the point and has tripled its members in the last few months I heard. Basically the app poaches Telgram users, so gems users can still connect exactly the same way to their Telgram friends.

There is plans for a PC wallet, gems is counterparty wallet based as well. So you store Gemz there, the wallet serves like a real wallet should, small amounts only.....but safe.

Once you use it for a day you will get the viral potential...inviting to earn sets this app up for rapid viral action. The Getgems Twitter following has been getting around 40 new followers daily, so most are likely new users, it's a snowball at the top of the hill Starting to roll now I believe...

Will I get the mobile app advantages by using counterparty wallet on laptop ?

Moreover, the source code must be hosted somewhere. Otherwise, how will people verify what is going on ?

Counterparty is encrypted and so is Telegram, that side is secure And decentralised I believe. There is an element of decentralisation but that is for airdrops etc and running the app. But like I said its decentralised where it needs to be....ask on the official thread for tech questions..
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:42:03 PM

Read up my friend....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.0

To be clear, I'm just a passionate user and investor, I have not affiliation with the leadership who are a professional start up.

All I have talked about is why I think it's going to go viral....

The real genius I haven't even mentioned and hasn't been implemented YET. basically it's an attention based model, basically to put it simply advertisers will be able to connect to users by giving users gems. So basically you cut the middle man out of FB and other social apps, advertisers pay you for watching their ads, which you choose to see or not. Based solely on your personal interests, like check list say.

Plus the big way to earn is the airdrop, coins will be shared out among users daily, soon to start. Plus the more you own and the more you use the app the more you are rewarded.

Please don't anyone call this a Ponzi scheme, that's what all attackers of abitcoin call it. IF this app has a working economy of millions of users then it's a closed micro economy earning money from advertising, nothing Ponzi about it.

I'll give it a read! Smiley

anyway I'm not accusing anyone before knowing the facts, I'm just saying that without an open market and with gems distribution only through referral it is without any doubt a ponzi scheme...not because I think so, but because that is exactly the definition of a pozi scheme! but again, I'm not going to fud before getting informed

edit: aight I saw that there is an open market on many exchanges, that's good
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:45:31 PM

Im pretty sure i heard about Gems awhile back on Lets Talk Bitcoins...it sounds like a pretty cool idea all in all.
Im not sure why anyone would call it a scam when they dont really know anything about it...like the OP said, at least get the app (its FREE) and mess around with it before posting you think its scammy.

Im going to install it, mess around with it, and post back here my humble opinion.

@OP, im sure im not the only one who senses quite a salty tone in your posts.....try to smile and enjoy your day buddy.  Smiley
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:48:17 PM

Can I be honest. I'm amazed so many of you with accounts on here for a few years are acting like this just popped out of the sky. The project has been in development for a year and is just now putting the prieces into place. I know we all get jaded by so many 'new developments' claimed to change the world but seriously this is about as much of a chance for Bitcoin/alts to go mainstream we got. In the end I support Bitcoin not all these other alts that no one is ever going to use.

hardly a scammy shitcoin project with the backing of Citi Bank and thousands of Venture Capital.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114422/citi-names-getgems-app-the-most-visionary-social-solution-in-mobile-challenge
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:51:06 PM

Im pretty sure i heard about Gems awhile back on Lets Talk Bitcoins...it sounds like a pretty cool idea all in all.
Im not sure why anyone would call it a scam when they dont really know anything about it...like the OP said, at least get the app (its FREE) and mess around with it before posting you think its scammy.

Im going to install it, mess around with it, and post back here my humble opinion.

@OP, im sure im not the only one who senses quite a salty tone in your posts.....try to smile and enjoy your day buddy.  Smiley

Haha Ok,will do....

You got the right attitude, I'm happy for someone to download and say it's shit and won't succeed. Then starts an adult convo. Sometimes you got to scream to be heard above  the noise on this forum, it's passion, not anger....I wish the best for any new user, it can only be a benefit to anyone who try's it....that's my opinion.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:59:12 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to say it was a scam.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:42:25 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to say it was a scam.

99% of alt coin projects are scams. Even at the least they are scams in the fact their value is based on a future usage that hasn't actually materialised....and is unlikley to. I include top coins like NXT AND NEM. I think the coin in Gems should be seen as a Token not a coin. The app is actually a stealth Bitcoin wallet ultimately. Thats why I tried to post in Bitcoin section but I keep getting moved. It pisses me off cause the app is probably the best news Bitcoin has in terms of mainstream use but there is zero thanks from the Bitcoin purists.

If the app got a million users if I ran it I would almost want to cut the Bitcoin wallet out just to say FU to Bitcoiners but I'm one myself so I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. Grin

The fact this thread got moved to Marketplace shows me Bitcoiners and the MODS here are blinkered and proves my point that most in the section on this forum are not early adopters. It has to have the Bitcoin logo on it otherwise its rejected. stupid.

Gonna love posting a link to this thread in about a year or two.  Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: