Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:42:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lealana 1 Bitcoin. Buyer funded (funded).  (Read 510 times)
RarityBit (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:38:30 PM

A 1 Troy ounce fine silver Lealana coin with a thin coating of gold on the front and back. The coin is a buyer funded 1BTC coin which is funded at the address 1BFv1JuFpc97FC5fv4VakcU78ZWJKGNHdF. The coin has the number 600 on it which is kind of cool.

I live in the UK and due to the value of the coin I will only sell it to UK sellers via Special Delivery (which will be provided free of charge) or you can pick it up from me at my house in Castleford, Wakefield, West Yorkshire. I will accept Bitcoin or Litecoin as payment. The coin is not graded or authenticated, but I am the original purchaser (it was sent to my house.)

The auction starts at 1BTC due to its face value and will end at 18:00, Tuesday, GMT.

Here are some scans and photographs. The box comes with the end bid.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o573/RarityPhotos/Scan%20of%201%20BTC%20Coin_zpslodz3d2j.png
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o573/RarityPhotos/Picture%20of%20coin%20hologram%20side_zpsa6402eu8.jpg
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o573/RarityPhotos/Picture%20of%20coin%20front%20side_zpsjrz99npf.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:24:08 PM

Shame it's got the "buyer funded" marking on it.  But, beautiful coin nonetheless.

Might be a good idea to add whether you accept escrow or not in your OP.  Given your post count it would probably help the auction find some bidders if you do and make it known.

Also might be a good idea to add what increments beyond 1BTC are allowed (i.e. 0.1, 0.01, etc), and whether you allow sniping or whether bids after a certain time will extend the auction.

Finally, a lot of folks have problems calculating the time, and might miss the ending.  Might help to post something to aid that such as this - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

(Take a look at most running auctions and you'll see good tips on how to make it the easiest for folks to understand and know the rules without playing 20 questions).

Unfortunately tho, I'm in the US.  Good luck with your auction!
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:27:01 PM

I highly recommend having some kind of hidden reserve hash since you have the buyer funded mark. You don't want to land up having very low bids and then forfeiting the auction.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
RarityBit (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:54:35 PM

Shame it's got the "buyer funded" marking on it.  But, beautiful coin nonetheless.

Might be a good idea to add whether you accept escrow or not in your OP.  Given your post count it would probably help the auction find some bidders if you do and make it known.

Also might be a good idea to add what increments beyond 1BTC are allowed (i.e. 0.1, 0.01, etc), and whether you allow sniping or whether bids after a certain time will extend the auction.

Finally, a lot of folks have problems calculating the time, and might miss the ending.  Might help to post something to aid that such as this - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

(Take a look at most running auctions and you'll see good tips on how to make it the easiest for folks to understand and know the rules without playing 20 questions).

Unfortunately tho, I'm in the US.  Good luck with your auction!

OK then, I'll let foreign bidders buy it. I'm fairly sure there is a recorded air mail for valuable items like this. Increments should be no less than 0.01. The "end" time will be when I lose it, which should be as close to 6 PM on Tuesday (in GMT) as I can make it. So if you bid past 6 PM you win, so long as as it's before I close it. I doesn't matter how close to the end you do it.

Is there anything else I can help you with?
RarityBit (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:09:51 PM

I highly recommend having some kind of hidden reserve hash since you have the buyer funded mark. You don't want to land up having very low bids and then forfeiting the auction.

If I'm allowed a reserve price hash now it is SHA256(reserve + space + "99 random digits") = f0247de50abdd9e1dc9543b070fab95ab4c31cc8787ea7fa70fc917ecc62fce4

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was just writing a short program to create that salt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: