Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:16:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If this app has a Bitcoin wallet under what argument does this thread get moved?  (Read 391 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:49:13 AM

This discussion keeps being moved to the alt section even though it has a Bitcoin wallet attached and is therefore news worthy for the Bitcoin section.

So under what criteria is it being moved?

If Ebay had a Bitcoin wallet it would be in this section but Ebay isn't a cryptocurrency so whats the problem?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1119288.0
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 08:54:52 AM

Your website has annoying amount of marketing hype and fluff, and your posts are vague and assume everyone else knows what you're talking about, though that may be intentional to inflate your download numbers.

Gems are based on counterparty, while it's based on the bitcoin blockchain, this doesn't mean it's not an altcoin.

To answer the question of whether it's an altcoin, how does one convert gems to bitcoins, and how do one acquire gems using bitcoin? As far as I can tell, the only way to acquire gems is through an exchange, or in exchange for getting ads through your app, and I'm guessing one would need to sell the gems on an exchange to convert to bitcoin (though this isn't clear).

If this is the case, that is solidly in altcoin territory.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:51:05 PM

Your website has annoying amount of marketing hype and fluff, and your posts are vague and assume everyone else knows what you're talking about, though that may be intentional to inflate your download numbers.

Gems are based on counterparty, while it's based on the bitcoin blockchain, this doesn't mean it's not an altcoin.

To answer the question of whether it's an altcoin, how does one convert gems to bitcoins, and how do one acquire gems using bitcoin? As far as I can tell, the only way to acquire gems is through an exchange, or in exchange for getting ads through your app, and I'm guessing one would need to sell the gems on an exchange to convert to bitcoin (though this isn't clear).

If this is the case, that is solidly in altcoin territory.

You snooze you lose. I posted to help the smart hearers. I'm glad the 'smart Mods' on here don't get..... Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: