Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice about a user who is slandering me ?  (Read 1108 times)
Lostaccesszzzzz (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:10:11 AM

Please read my thread and you will understand. This user has posted my pictures and personal information all over the internet because he thinks I scammed him. He will not provide one peice of evidence to support this.

Thanks for your time

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1119976.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:38:07 AM

Please read my thread and you will understand. This user has posted my pictures and personal information all over the internet because he thinks I scammed him. He will not provide one peice of evidence to support this.

Thanks for your time

I don't think polite requests are going to work, so the only thing you are left with to do is, file a complain against him to the police or the cyber cell(whatever its called in your country), and if you succeed in getting a successful court order asking the website owners to remove your personal info then theymos will surely take steps and ensure that your info gets hidden/deleted.
Lostaccesszzzzz (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:41:56 AM

Its really bad that someone can write anything they like about you without providing any proof.
Does the forum not have any rules that can help me in this situation ?

Thank you for your advise stingers , I have been to the Police but I fear they are usless Sad
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Thanks for your time

I don't think polite requests are going to work, so the only thing you are left with to do is, file a complain against him to the police or the cyber cell(whatever its called in your country), and if you succeed in getting a successful court order asking the website owners to remove your personal info then theymos will surely take steps and ensure that your info gets hidden/deleted.

IF he only posted your info on bitcointalk, this will (partially) work. Make sure google didn't index any pages containing your private info. If so, contact google to remove those pages from their index.

Good luck!

Lostaccesszzzzz (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:55:14 AM

One problem is that this user has added like 50 random scams to the thread saying I done them all.
People read this and think its true , then they make more scam threads about me.
If you google my name scott davie , you will see what I mean. Its ridiculous.

Everytime I ask this user for proof he locks the thread or makes some jokes about anal sex.

I think there should be forum rules about harrassment , which is basically what this is.
Lostaccesszzzzz (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:46:10 AM

this is crazy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1120289.msg11867595#msg11867595

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:01:08 PM

Well he looks like he has serious mental problems but he already has negative trust ratings, as someone said you can report him to the police if he is really harrasing you, unfortunately the forum has no rules about that and the user wont get banned.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:47:47 PM

You can report to the admin to delete those posts as if you haven't scammed anyone, nobody has the right to leak out your personal information.

Lostaccesszzzzz (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:54:25 PM

yeah he posted pictures of my kid and girlfriend too. The fact is he says he has information that I am a scammer , but wont show anyone Sad
He keeps asking me for BTC and says he will delete everything if I pay him. Just feels wrong.I already found fake facebook's under my name , I have no idea how he has my passport pic and I don't have access to all my emails. Im starting to think I got badly hacked.I also think he may be the one behind all the scams he claims I have done. It all sounds impossible , I have very little thoughts left so drained by all this.

I will send the admin an email. I totally understand he has the freedom to say what he wants , but doing so and withholding any proof he claims to have is totally out of order.
ShawnCart

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:08:26 PM

From the thread its not possible to get a conclusion on the things. Better try to solve it with him.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:13:04 PM

yeah he posted pictures of my kid and girlfriend too. The fact is he says he has information that I am a scammer , but wont show anyone Sad
He keeps asking me for BTC and says he will delete everything if I pay him. Just feels wrong.I already found fake facebook's under my name , I have no idea how he has my passport pic and I don't have access to all my emails. Im starting to think I got badly hacked.I also think he may be the one behind all the scams he claims I have done. It all sounds impossible , I have very little thoughts left so drained by all this.

I will send the admin an email. I totally understand he has the freedom to say what he wants , but doing so and withholding any proof he claims to have is totally out of order.

Most likely admin wont do anything because scams are not moderated and doxing is allowed as well so your only option is to get him banned because of spammy or insubstantial posts, of course that wont solve your problems in any way, as i said you better contact authorities, you wont solve a thing here.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

Most likely admin wont do anything because scams are not moderated and doxing is allowed as well so your only option is to get him banned because of spammy or insubstantial posts, of course that wont solve your problems in any way, as i said you better contact authorities, you wont solve a thing here.

This is not the case of scamming anyone but it shouldn't be allowed to share anyone's personal information on a forum (especially not a passport photograph) which can harm the person in reality. Sometime back I read the admin's post of not sharing personal information like passport ID or SSN on the forum so I guess that it is not allowed to do so.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:49:33 PM

If the information is public then it will most likely not get removed. I am not sure how a passport photo became public however if it is then it will almost certainly stay up.

I am not sure about the OP's story about being framed however I don't think I believe it. The fact that he is claiming to be extorted is deducting credibility points in my eyes.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:29:26 PM

If the information is public then it will most likely not get removed. I am not sure how a passport photo became public however if it is then it will almost certainly stay up.

I am not sure about the OP's story about being framed however I don't think I believe it. The fact that he is claiming to be extorted is deducting credibility points in my eyes.

OP is suspicious, but this other guy isn't providing much either.
I tried to ask him for details on any single scam and context behind the transaction ID he provided (b6826cb70e3d1d98f1fb41744686a445a74a0f1af65aa701241845e03924e3c7)

His reply:
A miner from one of his scam sites (dragon-miner.me).  Back when he was pretending to be Jin, the Chinese guy.

I don't see any proof of him being "Jin, the Chinese guy" and even if it was hard to prove, the person accusing OP has not given any details.
Which address supposedly belongs to him and which belongs to OP? What was the agreement?
Is there anyone else who was scammed who can agree? He listed dozens of sites, yet I can't find anyone else agreeing with his accusations. (I haven't searched too thoroughly, if someone can find someone else affected by this supposed scam, post a link)

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:39:09 PM

Thanks for your time

IF he only posted your info on bitcointalk, this will (partially) work. Make sure google didn't index any pages containing your private info. If so, contact google to remove those pages from their index.

Good luck!
I don't think that google listens to such requests asking them not to index pages relating to personnel info. Haven't seen any case like that. Can you tell any procedure to do this?
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 04:01:39 PM

I think you should deal this with the police as you are saying that he is leaking personal info which I see isn't acceptable under any circumstances. Or try contacting the adminstration over here and maybe they'll help.

Good Luck
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:23:04 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 04:35:36 PM by jambola2

Note: There is a good chance this user is deserving of the dox:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1120289.msg11869835#msg11869835

There exist quite a few allegations against Scott Davie

EDIT: Forgot to mention that OP has been accused of being Scott Davie and confirmed it as the documents leaked were of Scott Davie. The details can be seen across the other threads.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:38:23 AM

I don't think that google listens to such requests asking them not to index pages relating to personnel info. Haven't seen any case like that. Can you tell any procedure to do this?

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2744324?hl=en

Information we may remove

National identification numbers like U.S. Social Security Number, Argentine Single Tax Identification Number, Brazil Cadastro de pessoas Físicas, Korea Resident Registration Number, China Resident Identity Card, etc.
Bank account numbers
Credit card numbers
Images of signatures
Nude or sexually explicit images that were uploaded or shared without your consent

They do remove content, but it's pretty hard... AFAIK, about 80-90% of the removal requests are NOT honored by google...

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:40:33 AM

Thanks for your time

Be aware that it was okay for Josh Zerlan to post my vitals on this forum but when I posted a pic of his master bathroom snapped two years prior to him moving into the  BTC-House, four months later he felt it prudent to get a restraining order on my ass, going as far as convincing a judge that I had plans of kidnapping his wife.  Roll Eyes What's even stranger is that prior to being served the official papers, I swear I didn't know that kids lived in the same household, but now I have their full names and birthdays thanks to Josh. What a fuckin' idiot!

That said, be careful what you post, for one day some asshole will convince a judge that you fuck goats if you ever penned such on this forum. Yep, I had to explain to my local police officers in front of my home that I truly don't fuck goats. Luckily, when I was asked if I jack off to pics of little boys, I changed the subject back to goats, and the officers forget about asking the question.  Grin Grin Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:43:20 AM

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2744324?hl=en

Information we may remove

National identification numbers like U.S. Social Security Number, Argentine Single Tax Identification Number, Brazil Cadastro de pessoas Físicas, Korea Resident Registration Number, China Resident Identity Card, etc.
Bank account numbers
Credit card numbers
Images of signatures
Nude or sexually explicit images that were uploaded or shared without your consent

They do remove content, but it's pretty hard... AFAIK, about 80-90% of the removal requests are NOT honored by google...

I don't know how the fucker did it, but Sonny Vleisides successfully had info removed from archive.org that I once linked to. Luckily, I took a screenshot and posted that on this forum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: