Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Zoom - ASIC Resistant Cryptocurrency  (Read 34985 times)
B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:02:20 PM

Why can't I find useable instructions for mining coins? Tutorials are simple to make. Just do it and briefly explain each step. No history or background is needed.

--exapool.com gives absolutely zero indication as to what to do or how to start.

--I do not need it explained on how to install a wallet.

--I do not need to hear about Satoshi Nakamoto for the 8,000,000th time.

--I do not need an explanation on what mining is or how it is done. That does not help me install the miner. If I want to understand hash rates or difficulty levels then I'll find that elsewhere.

--I do not want packed files that require suspicious/obscure software to unpack them.

I want an explanation on how to get a miner safely up and working and earning coins on my laptop.

I assume the setup would be the same as this pool

stratum+tcp://stratum.zoom.co:3333 Username: ZoomAddress Password: anything

but in this case for Exapool do this:

stratum+tcp://   [nl.exapool.com or tx.exapool.com] :Port = one of these at http://www.exapool.com/getting_started

Username: ZoomAddress Password: anything
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashStatz

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:29:13 PM

Why can't I find useable instructions for mining coins? Tutorials are simple to make. Just do it and briefly explain each step. No history or background is needed.

--exapool.com gives absolutely zero indication as to what to do or how to start.

--I do not need an explanation on what mining is or how it is done. That does not help me install the miner. If I want to understand hash rates or difficulty levels then I'll find that elsewhere.

--I do not want packed files that require suspicious/obscure software to unpack them.

I want an explanation on how to get a miner safely up and working and earning coins on my laptop.

In order to mine this coin you need to have a mining rig with a bunch of graphics cards (it is possible to do with your laptops CPU, but extremely inefficient). I have quoted the OP below with links for the mining software needed.

Alternately you can rent a rig for bitcoin at https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/lyra2re

earthpet

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:02:38 PM

I assume the setup would be the same as this pool

stratum+tcp://stratum.zoom.co:3333 Username: ZoomAddress Password: anything

but in this case for Exapool do this:

stratum+tcp://   [nl.exapool.com or tx.exapool.com] :Port = one of these at http://www.exapool.com/getting_started

Username: ZoomAddress Password: anything

For some unknown reason my computer does not mine coins after going to that website. Perhaps my computer is broken. Maybe the website is not working. Or, if I may be so bold as to think outside the box, possibly there is more involved in mining coins than clicking on that link to a website. I shudder to think that additional steps are required to get one's computer safely up and working at mining coins.

Between looking at that page of the website and mining coins there must be some sort of steps involved. If there are steps involved then I would be very, very happy to know what those steps are. Another term for those steps would be an "explanation" or a "tutorial". They could also be called "instructions".

Here is an example of "instructions":

--Go to xyz.com and download cpuminer.
--unzip the cpuminer into a folder.
--open up a notepad and put in: blahblahblah/blahblah+=773crypticnonsensecode12
--rename the txt file: gobbledygook.bat
--jump vertically three times and touch your winkie

Here is an example of something extremely not helpful:

--stratum+tcp://stratum.zoom.co:3333 Username: ZoomAddress Password: anything

Cheesy
earthpet

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:11:26 PM

In order to mine this coin you need to have a mining rig with a bunch of graphics cards (it is possible to do with your laptops CPU, but extremely inefficient). I have quoted the OP below with links for the mining software needed.

Alternately you can rent a rig for bitcoin at https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/lyra2re

How do you rent rigs to mine coins if you don't know how to mine coins? Let's get to the mining coins first then we can discuss all the advice stuff that you are assuming I'm not aware of.
B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 03:25:59 PM

If your new to mining, you could get some assistance with setting up your miner in this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=42.0 or maybe someone can help you out here.

If you have some btc to spend.

I personally only rent hash.. miningrigrentals is a good option. Once you've rented a rig, the setup is very easy as you don't necessarily have to configure a miner directly. At this time though, it seems a bit cheaper to buy due to the Net Hash.. up over 300MH Smiley The higher the hash, the harder to mine.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/lyra2re

Get a rig to mine ZOOM. How to figure out your cost?
I see a 6.3MH rig that would cost 0.01890000 BTC for 24hrs

That would get you maybe 10-15 if your lucky of Zoom
I use the statistics page on a pool to guage but its never the actual so don't take it seriously! I always estimate less
https://zoom.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

These are things you have to take into consideration before renting hash or buying coins direct, that same btc would get you at minimum 18 coins on bleutrade and more if you have some patience as a buyer.
darwin72

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:47:12 PM

I trust this coin, is made by Coinmaster and not a newby! So, i will hope for future! Wink
coinmaster222 (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:40:06 PM

Thanks for the confidence in the team,we hope to make this not just a coin but an ecosystem

coinmaster222 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:43:49 AM

Zoom (Ann) translated into 8 different languages,big thanks to the guys that did it.

coinmaster222 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:46:46 AM

Guys you might not hear from me too much next two days as I will be working on a project for Zoom that will take up my time and I have the weekly Hospital visit.If you need anything PM me I will check every so often.

upgradeadvice

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

h͞è̵̸l̨ĺ̶o

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 07:44:00 AM

I've submitted a PR to Coinomi Android Wallet - https://github.com/Coinomi/coinomi-android/pull/38
Maybe you guys with github accounts could add your support to that PR with a polite comment Wink

coinmaster222 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:38:48 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 08:59:32 AM by coinmaster222

Left a comment at github and now of to be the producer in a small promotional video for Zoom,and the Lead developer is working on an Android wallet should have it relatively soon.One thing I should note the Dev team are on different continents so there is a huge time difference between us and sometimes we get little sleep to catch up with one another,so some days we have to catch up on that sleep and you dont see us.Were not gone were sleeping.

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:55:56 AM

Good luck with Zoom hope it works out. Dev sounds motivated
Brockspeculator

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:00:35 AM

I'll pass
coinmaster222 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:18:56 AM

The whole team is motivated plus the comunnity,thats why this is an excellent coin.

coinmaster222 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:13:35 AM

Zoom Coins Inc to open new offices in Luxembourg City next month

coinmaster222 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:03:41 AM

We often hear the phrase: “Bitcoin might fail, but the technology is here to stay.” Indeed, while Bitcoin has experienced unprecedented success by being first on the scene, other alternative cryptocurrencies like Zoom could be only a hardfork away from taking the top spot.

darwin72

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:04:20 AM

It's good time to buy now! Wink
coinmaster222 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:07:09 AM

Most people who buy today should see there investment multiply by 10 by end of August,in about 3 hours from now I will be on Slack to answer any questions potential and past buyers may have.

Kenchaa

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:12:13 AM

This coin has great future.
prfagun1

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:49:17 AM

How do you rent rigs to mine coins if you don't know how to mine coins? Let's get to the mining coins first then we can discuss all the advice stuff that you are assuming I'm not aware of.

Do you still need help to mine?

I know it is hard to start because there is not a step by step tutorial.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: