Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:39:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is HitBTC a Scam?  (Read 13003 times)
Ben-carson

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

How you do anything is how you do everything..

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:31:21 PM

They are a coin trap. Depositing is easy, but they are a scam from what i hear.

Be good, do good, make better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:39:31 PM

I doubt that they are an outright scam, but they for a long time have various issues and annoyances they can't seem to get rid of.

Weird thing is that certain people are quite satisfied with that exchange, but in the same way, quite some people really hate it for everything being mentioned in this thread. It's basically the same with Bittrex.

Bittrex has gained an incredible number of new users lately (mainly due to Poloniex), but very recently a huge load of complaints has piled up quickly ~ it shows that there is a desperate need for decentralized exchanges.

Centralized exchanges are subject to all types of regulations, which is largely the main cause of the issues and annoyances exchanges have to put their traders through ~ it's likely going to be worse in the future.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
snoopysnoopdogg

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:57:07 PM

I doubt that they are an outright scam, but they for a long time have various issues and annoyances they can't seem to get rid of.

Weird thing is that certain people are quite satisfied with that exchange, but in the same way, quite some people really hate it for everything being mentioned in this thread. It's basically the same with Bittrex.

Bittrex has gained an incredible number of new users lately (mainly due to Poloniex), but very recently a huge load of complaints has piled up quickly ~ it shows that there is a desperate need for decentralized exchanges.

Centralized exchanges are subject to all types of regulations, which is largely the main cause of the issues and annoyances exchanges have to put their traders through ~ it's likely going to be worse in the future.

They have stolen 44k USD from me, its been over two months. I have provided ID and done everything they asked.
They keep road blocking me, there is another guy that had 130K USD stolen as well, exactly same circumstances.

They are selective scammers.

See my thread on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6vymim/scam_accusation_hitbtccom_scam_stolen_tokens/
MetroCan

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:44:19 AM

Hello!
I really need some help... I have been mining bytecoin and send some to HitBTC exchange. However I still haven't got them in my HitBTC account.
I have the transaction complete from my end (wallet) but I haven't received them.
I tried to contact with the exchange support but got no answer....

Does anybody knows something about HitBTC?

Hello fellow crypto-miner,

Well after reading all the comments on this and many other forums, thinking about it and trying it out.... Hitbtc in my opinion is still undecidedly trustable...
I think it's legit, but it, like other exchange/wallets are under extreme service pressure.

1.) "Manual transaction recovery"
Every time something goes wrong it takes time to manually fix it... the longer they get backed up the longer it will take...
a.) This leads to new accounts being formed on forums like this where they say "SCAM" to the community... and we believe it... or at least some of us do..
     - these accounts are new accounts and have no specific details usually... posts could be real, time delayed, fake (corporate/net sabotage from other brand)
     - *** The long-term accounts on this forum that are wise and and have helped many others usually post about doing your homework to
              protect yourself in an emerging crytpo-industry and offer insight...  earned trust.  I'd believe them first...   new accounts screaming scam are upset people... quick to blah blah blah
     *Ask yourself about these new accounts.... what were they doing during these transactions? have they read any of the forums and offered solution possibles to their own problems?
( i myself had a transfer take 20+ hours...)

2.) As new and emerging cryto-currencies become available they have to update code and all the details it takes to handle said currencies... theres bound to be hiccups/bugs on everyones side from blockchain updates to wallet storage procedures for secuity (Is that done by clockchain too?)  plus plenty i cant even imagine about yet as a newcomer....  I understand these things can cause delay... and loss... as any risk industry does...    that's the responsibility you accept to join this emerging tech life so be warned.  to quote many great minds.."Back that shit up!"

3.) I lost my PC after realizing my cracked version of win 10 pro was allowing control over my software somehow and they were messing with my wallets, after i secured my wallets they crashed my explorer hard and no forum solution across the net could solve it... so i had to do a purchased OS install and recover what i could... back up drive "notes" FTW.  All my HitBTC funds were still in place because of 2FA <---- did they have this? was their OS cracked?

There are so many variables...   I trust the site to want to do what they say.....  I don't trust their company concept to currently handle the load they have.. hopefully it will improve to be real-time customer service one day.
I most certainly don't trust any new account screaming scam before I've done my own skill upgrade through research.    I'd give the company a rating but currently I'm still on round 2 of trying to mine and they have Bitcoin Gold now on Minergate...   dont get me started on those review forums....    do your homework man...  "The way you do one thing, is the way you do everything." - ME

Good luck, hope this helped.
Metrocan.
SergioConstanza

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:32:12 PM

YES!

It is most definitely a scam,  plain and simple.

When deposting takes seconds,  and withdrawals take forever,  and most importantly,  WITHOUT any recollection of a transaction on the blockchain,  then I ask you again,  if that's not a scam,  what is?

P.s money never made it to my wallet,  transaction still "pending"...

felipeintheend

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:12:33 PM

YES!

It is most definitely a scam,  plain and simple.

When deposting takes seconds,  and withdrawals take forever,  and most importantly,  WITHOUT any recollection of a transaction on the blockchain,  then I ask you again,  if that's not a scam,  what is?

P.s money never made it to my wallet,  transaction still "pending"...

How much days to complete the transactions?
mobbil

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:16:07 AM

Im having a strange problem with them, Hitbtc send this transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx/0458902ab8ff362f836431f6c83fe709f75ee5512b966c6ede10b2d692e622ec

i can see my bitcoin address there with many other addresses but the strange its UNSPENT status of mine
14tGSjBs32GKJmUg392fZTrtLoGhJt7zqr - (Unspent) $ 1,658.31

but an insteresting thing is in the middle of that txid you can see that is a transfer to the same account that is sending with the status SPENT, please if somone here knows whats and why is that let me know, its already 2 days and no money received

brgds

filipedepaula

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:06:37 PM

Im having a strange problem with them, Hitbtc send this transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx/0458902ab8ff362f836431f6c83fe709f75ee5512b966c6ede10b2d692e622ec

i can see my bitcoin address there with many other addresses but the strange its UNSPENT status of mine
14tGSjBs32GKJmUg392fZTrtLoGhJt7zqr - (Unspent) $ 1,658.31

but an insteresting thing is in the middle of that txid you can see that is a transfer to the same account that is sending with the status SPENT, please if somone here knows whats and why is that let me know, its already 2 days and no money received

brgds

My account is filipe7de7paula@gmail.com

@hitbtc Transaction confirmed but did not receive my coins (TRX)
It's been DAYSSS since I made the TRX coin deposit and until now I have not received the coin. Please solve my problem quickly.

TxHash -

0x604423a690e25aaed9b38016973bd545e3e5be9c7ce4a6d59af997bfb4fa3053

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x604423a690e25aaed9b38016973bd545e3e5be9c7ce4a6d59af997bfb4fa3053

MyWallet - 0x7d402d363bc2c539aa41b0be472af34fdd1887ea

Quantity - 22,292.281055 TRX
bugger

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:50:57 AM

Hey, guys. I see there are problems with HITBTC but in my opinion exchange is cool and no worse than others. Anyway I’m glad.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:06:48 AM

Hey, guys. I see there are problems with HITBTC but in my opinion exchange is cool and no worse than others. Anyway I’m glad.

What do you mean by no worst than others? Comparing with which exchange?

There are plenty of problems with this exchange so people are not happy with this exchange.

Yes hitbtc is a scam. my money suddenly dissapeared with no one to talk to.

You mean your coins disappear from your account?

If yes, then it is a known issue. You can try refreshing few times your account page then your coins will appear. Mine also had the same issue and someone suggested this method on their site and I get back my coins. You can try and check this method.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:04:28 AM
Merited by 1Referee (1)

There is not one shred of legitimacy in an exchange which takes deposits faster than a lightning bolt but makes you wait light years to withdraw your coins.

Start by refusing to send coins to their hot wallets. That constant inflow of money is what gives them the arrogance and audacity to treat their customers this way.

The scale of fraud here is staggering. Worst of all, it has the facade of a legit operation which is why people continue to use their platform for trades. What's the use of profiting from a trade on this exchange if you can't withdraw those profits?

Stop using scam exchanges.

jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:46:35 PM

There is someone on facebook that posted his experience about hitbtc.

Take a look at the picture.

This isn't the only complain that I've seen for hitbtc. I don't use them but by reading a couple of reviews and experience from them, it makes me want to avoid them and I have decided of not trying them.

It's better to learn from the experience of others and I don't think they have the intention to give hitbtc a bad review personally and intentionally if they really didn't experienced it.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:51:48 PM

I feel lucky when I found this thread. previously I used Hitbtc and it's perfectly normal, it is not scam. However, for a long time, I don't use it. and now, I intend to use it for a few betr token. can't be sure that hitbtc is a scam, but I certainly would not use it again

Make me great again
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:29:17 PM

What's the use of profiting from a trade on this exchange if you can't withdraw those profits?

Stop using scam exchanges.

That's what I am wondering when it comes to Cryptopia as well. Plenty of warnings and scam accusations, but yet people dive into that shithole like there is some sort of a 50% sale going on. I think the main factor driving people to these exchanges, is the fact that other exchanges more and more start to ask for personal level verification, which is something they don't want to expose themselves to, and thus go for the only available options, which more often than not are utter shit/scamcoin exchanges. Seriously, the stupid nature of the people in this market is something I will never get used to. Anyone using these exchanges is just asking for it to get scammed, and in my opinion even loses the right to complain.
MatjaCoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:36:47 PM

DON'T USE HITBTC!!!

why?

If you deposit your funds on any exchange, you will get them on your account right away when transaction is trough, but that is not the case on hitbtc!, I mean, I never went to an exchange and got stucked with deposit???

And even after 10+ days not even response, but I contacted support, also tryed to get in touch via facebook, and twitter, but no response, haha, at least they update their twiiter and fb every time they can, but for customers no support at all, if you are lucky maybe you will get that deposit in one month to three months, or so I've heard from other users that have gone trough this, and some past users are saying, that hitbtc is also probably trading with your funds at that time until you get your deposit on your account....

I mean, scamming people and top 10 crypto exchange on internet, well, if they lack of workers there shoudln't be a problem of doing that... wtf?
yuvuke

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:32:21 AM

HITBTC trading platform has a good platform to carry out exchange operations. The interface is favorable, a bit cluttered, however it doesn’t slow down displaying charts. You can trade using your computer and phone, in the second case it’s a mobile version in the browser.
MatjaCoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:22:01 AM

HITBTC trading platform has a good platform to carry out exchange operations. The interface is favorable, a bit cluttered, however it doesn’t slow down displaying charts. You can trade using your computer and phone, in the second case it’s a mobile version in the browser.

Lol, what is here ok and good about it? That you don't get your funds on when the transaction is obviously gone trough and the hitbtc team doesn't response(nowI wait 10 days for at least a response) or that you want to withraw and you have to wait 1-3 months to get that cryptovalues??....it just may be that the platform is great and so on, but I don't recommend you use hitbtc, because when you deposit, you don't even get those funds on this so good platform... I mean, did you just read first comment that made this topic and here you are saying good shit, good platform, man, if exchange is good, then when you deposit funds are on this exchange as as transaction is confirmed, until I used hitbtc I didn't even imagine to have problems with deposit?

Do you even use HITBtc or are you just give lousy comment to get posts? Probably the second, or both, because if you know it's shit you will only praise "good" stuff
yuvuke

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:01:40 AM

(nowI wait 10 days for at least a response)
copy here the answer which you received from technical support
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:10:52 PM

I've had problems with this exchange but within a week my problem is over.
I started worrying about the scorn of everyone here, I had no choice because some tokens were listed there and I had to use them.
bugger

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:33:32 AM

Fools who went to buy scam coins lost money, that makes sense. It's not a problem of exchange, it’s a mistake of stupid traders who do not understand in crypto
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: