Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I get confirmation this way ?  (Read 714 times)
RussianRaibow (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 06:55:47 PM

I have many ~0.01 BTC Tx sitting on an address. All of them are unconfirmed right now. If I forward my total balance of this address to another address in one Tx and provide 0.004 BTC Tx fee, then will I be able to get them confirmed ?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:01:49 PM

I have many ~0.01 BTC Tx sitting on an address. All of them are unconfirmed right now. If I forward my total balance of this address to another address in one Tx and provide 0.004 BTC Tx fee, then will I be able to get them confirmed ?

Be patient the blockchain is under attack.  We(bitcoiners) are discussing solutions. Your transactions WILL confirm.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:04:21 PM

It does not speed things up, no, but you will get a confirmation on all of your TX in the future. Bitcoin is currently spammed by many transactions that await confirmation. Adding another will not speed things up as it relies on the old TX to get confirmed first anyway.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:08:46 PM

No, unless the miner supports Child-Pays-For-Parent. There are very few miners that support this, so it won't work. However, you could try and hope that Eligius, one of the pools that supports CPFP, mines the block that confirms all of those transactions. Also, if you try it, put more fees on it than you calculate the minimum to be. The higher the more likely it gets confirmed.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:10:20 PM

No, you can't do anything to speed up
next time add higher fee
RussianRaibow (OP)

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:31:44 PM

No, unless the miner supports Child-Pays-For-Parent. There are very few miners that support this, so it won't work. However, you could try and hope that Eligius, one of the pools that supports CPFP, mines the block that confirms all of those transactions. Also, if you try it, put more fees on it than you calculate the minimum to be. The higher the more likely it gets confirmed.

I was exactly hoping for the CPFP. So, it is not yet a generalized rule on the network ? Is not it benefecial for miners to include my Tx chain in his block, if I pay a higher fee at the end Tx to confirm the whole chain ?

It does not speed things up, no, but you will get a confirmation on all of your TX in the future. Bitcoin is currently spammed by many transactions that await confirmation. Adding another will not speed things up as it relies on the old TX to get confirmed first anyway.

What is the general rule in creating a Tx ? Does wallets automatically take up confirmed Tx outputs first ? Or, if I have any UTXO, that might get into my Tx while it could be built with confirmed outputs only ?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
Nyau

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:55:19 PM

You don't need to do anything, your transactions will be confirmed and if not, you will get your coins back in a few days.. just wait, I have some unconfirmed transactions too Smiley
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 08:03:07 PM

I was exactly hoping for the CPFP. So, it is not yet a generalized rule on the network ? Is not it benefecial for miners to include my Tx chain in his block, if I pay a higher fee at the end Tx to confirm the whole chain ?

Sadly not. I assume the problem is that it takes time to analyse the transaction set and miners would do everything to avoid even a fraction of a second when they are not mining.

What is the general rule in creating a Tx ? Does wallets automatically take up confirmed Tx outputs first ? Or, if I have any UTXO, that might get into my Tx while it could be built with confirmed outputs only ?

Depends on the wallet, but by default bitcoin core only uses confirmed transactions. UTXO is unspend(!) transaction output, its the output of an old transaction you received and can spend as input in a new transaction which in turn creates an output than can be used later. Selecting the correct input depends on several factors. The size in BTC, the age or number of confirmations which influences the priority and the size in BTC you want to spend.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:33:07 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 08:52:32 PM by d4n13

I've been pushing for the same thing.
https://github.com/d4n13/bips/blob/master/bip-00nn.mediawiki

I've been reviewing the bitcoin/miner.cpp code, but as hinted at earlier, I don't think that is what miners use.  I take it that modern miners implement their own-ish rules on block creation using the BIP22/BIP23 protocol or getblocktemplate

BTW... I'm not totally convinced that sweeping TXO's won't help.  Here's an example of a sweep that worked after 10+ hours, although it might have just been luck.
https://blockchain.info/tx/4cc3e2b6407ae8cdc1fd62cb3235f9c92654277684da8970db19a0169e44c68c

If you follow the chain of spent outputs, the owner continually jacked up fees until it eventually got included.  That may have just been the luck of hitting a CPFP miner.  I think that this policy (if implemented by miners and wallets) will solve the spam attacks in the future.

Good news is that the mempool size has been steadily dropping today from 98kTX to around 81kTX.  So perhaps the spam is over.

RussianRaibow (OP)

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 09:10:11 PM

BTW... I'm not totally convinced that sweeping TXO's won't help.  Here's an example of a sweep that worked after 10+ hours, although it might have just been luck.
https://blockchain.info/tx/4cc3e2b6407ae8cdc1fd62cb3235f9c92654277684da8970db19a0169e44c68c

Same here. Seems like it is an unwritten rule of the network. CPFP worked.

d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:38:55 PM

I've been playing with a small transaction to charity I made earlier this week:

I didn't intend to drop the fees that low, but the slide bar certainly did its job.

Anyway... I got an email from the guy I was donating to that he is out of office, so he won't be expecting it anytime soon.

Besides... I never thought I would be able to say "The check is in the mail" with bitcoin.

jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:09:23 PM

I would like CPFP to be a common rule for miners and pools. I know it will take more time to scan all potential CPFP transactions, but the process need not be a exhaustive scan. Miners could only scan the inputs of the few 1k or below transactions with abnormally high fees (example 0.0003btc or above). The will also help to single out real transactions from spam.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:40:32 PM

I would like CPFP to be a common rule for miners and pools. I know it will take more time to scan all potential CPFP transactions, but the process need not be a exhaustive scan. Miners could only scan the inputs of the few 1k or below transactions with abnormally high fees (example 0.0003btc or above). The will also help to single out real transactions from spam.

Probably the nodes, that mining pools are communicating with to get mempool data can be configured in a way, so that the Tx chain, which has a big Tx fee at the end will be shown above*. This way, miners will not lose any time in sorting the mempool to find out CPFP Tx chain.

*expert citation needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: