Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:13:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GBT Protocol - ASIC] - BitArena.net - Mining Pool - Prop - 0% Fees.  (Read 13787 times)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:49:23 PM

It`s a logic system i`l restore the users shares but you will lose all your shares if you don`t mine.
It doesn't work this way. They mined with the contract of a proportional reward. Changing the contract now is fraud.

You seem to be under the impression that pool hopping is an exploit. It's really not - it's just ratoinal miner behaviour with proportional contracts.
The problem isn't the hopping, it's the reward system being unfair. Proportional means the pool pays above market rates for blocks found in the first 50% shares, and pays below market rates for blocks found in the last 50% shares.
For an analogy, this would be like a fast food restaurant paying you much more during on-peak hours, and paying less than minimum wage during off-peak hours. What you're doing is saying "yes, you worked on-peak when we agreed to pay $50/hr; but now nobody wants to work off-peak for 50 cents per hour, so we're just not going to pay you".

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Greee (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 07:54:06 PM

It`s a logic system i`l restore the users shares but you will lose all your shares if you don`t mine.
It doesn't work this way. They mined with the contract of a proportional reward. Changing the contract now is fraud.

You seem to be under the impression that pool hopping is an exploit. It's really not - it's just ratoinal miner behaviour with proportional contracts.
The problem isn't the hopping, it's the reward system being unfair. Proportional means the pool pays above market rates for blocks found in the first 50% shares, and pays below market rates for blocks found in the last 50% shares.
For an analogy, this would be like a fast food restaurant paying you much more during on-peak hours, and paying less than minimum wage during off-peak hours. What you're doing is saying "yes, you worked on-peak when we agreed to pay $50/hr; but now nobody wants to work off-peak for 50 cents per hour, so we're just not going to pay you".

Luke-Jr you right , i have a big respect for you. Thanks.

I`l restore to old system till first block found.
Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:00:39 PM

System and shares , restored.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:21:05 PM

Greee, still waiting on reward method details -  "use cases" don't really allow miners to predict what they should be paid.

Any ETA on the details?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:24:55 PM

Greee, still waiting on reward method details -  "use cases" don't really allow miners to predict what they should be paid.

Any ETA on the details?

I have describe it here ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112243.msg1253931#msg1253931 )

I have restore the system to old format without this hooping-proof formula... a lot of ppl make noise so i use the prop system without this formula.
Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:30:26 PM

Any ETA on the details?

I have describe it here ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112243.msg1253931#msg1253931 )

I have restore the system to old format without this hooping-proof formula... a lot of ppl make noise so i use the prop system without this formula.

I should close the pool and fix it all... but i have patience , i keep my word and try to prove that i`m a honest guy. In time i`l come with the right and best formula for full miners.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:52:21 PM

Congrats - here's hoping you find it sooner rather than later  Wink

This formula will protect full time miners and they can earn extra from pool hoopers.
Percents can be adjusted waiting for feedback to make it near perfect.

Fast Description.

Case 1 >> User has stop mining.
Miner total shares = 1000s say
Old shares lose value
Every minute he will lose 10% of his shares. ( in 10 minutes he will lose all his shares )
Lets say miner will come back in 5 minutes , he lost 500 shares and 500 remains so the system will return to him 80% of 500 ( 500+500/80% of 500 )

Case 2 >> User drop down his speed ( ex: from 100 GH to 10 GH , 90%)
Miner total shares = 1000
Old shares lose value
User will lose 50% of his shares. Speed check every 10 minutes.

Case 3 >> User come back and start mining in maximum 30 minutes ( He got power off / Net was down / Hooping / etc... )
User will get shares restore 80% of lost shares.

Just so you know, this method is basically slush's method, still hoppable, just not as hoppable as straight proportional.
Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:56:20 PM

This formula will protect full time miners and they can earn extra from pool hoopers.

Fast Description.

Old shares lose value
Every minute he will lose 10% of his shares. ( in 10 minutes he will lose all his shares )
Lets say miner will come back in 5 minutes , he lost 500 shares and 500 remains so the system will return to him 80% of 500 ( 500+500/80% of 500 )

Old shares lose value

Case 3 >> User come back and start mining in maximum 30 minutes ( He got power off / Net was down / Hooping / etc... )

Just so you know, this method is basically slush's method, still hoppable, just not as hoppable as straight proportional.

Ok its still hoppable but its a minimum , a little risky for hoppers they lose , i`m thinking to perfect it and check theirs internet connection to see if it`s UP or DOWN so then i will know what will be the reason why they left.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:00:14 PM

Fast Description.

Old shares lose value

Old shares lose value

Ok its still hoppable but its a minimum , a little risky for hoppers they lose , i`m thinking to perfect it and check theirs internet connection to see if it`s UP or DOWN so then i will know what will be the reason why they left.

That's surely not really something you can implement?
I'd have thought it'd be easier to just implement the score-prop method that slush is using. Whatever really.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 09:13:10 PM

Any ETA on the details?

I did read that Greee, I just think it's a bit light on details.

1. Miner hashrate reduces to zero: Shares are devalued linearly so that every minute a miner is disconnected 0.1*(original shares) are lost so that after ten minutes the shares have devalued completely. After five minutes only 50% of the shares are left. However, you add:

If you have 1000 shares and you lose 500, surely that's only 50% returned? Unless you're saying that if a miner returns to mine more, more shares will be returned?

If it's the latter case, can you post the parameters? What percentage is returned after how long?

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:27:07 AM

Any ETA on the details?

I did read that Greee, I just think it's a bit light on details.

1. Miner hashrate reduces to zero: Shares are devalued linearly so that every minute a miner is disconnected 0.1*(original shares) are lost so that after ten minutes the shares have devalued completely. After five minutes only 50% of the shares are left. However, you add:

If you have 1000 shares and you lose 500, surely that's only 50% returned? Unless you're saying that if a miner returns to mine more, more shares will be returned?

If it's the latter case, can you post the parameters? What percentage is returned after how long?

There are 3 cases:

Case 1 >> Lets say user/miner has stop mining.
We check his last share and if 1 minute pass and no new share is submitted we will reduce his current shares by 10% so if he have 1000 shares he will lose 10% every minute and after 10 minutes he will lose all his share.

Case 2 >> User drop down his speed by 90% so he want to cheat Case 1 and he still mining but at very low speed.
ex: from 100 GH to 10 GH = 90% , so we check his speed every 10 minutes at this interval speed can drop and we can read it easy.
IF he drop to 0 from 100 GH "Case 1" take actions.
Here will lose 50% of his shares every time he drop his speed by 90% ( 1000 shares / remains 500 shares , and if he continue dropping slowly after 10 minutes loses another 50% , 500 shares to 250 shares etc.. )

Case 3 >> User come back and start mining in maximum 30 minutes after his last share was submitted ( when Case 1 take action ).
He will get back 80% percent of his lost shares.
Case 1 >> 10 minutes pass he lose all shares so he will get back 80% of 1000 = 800 shares.
Case 1 >> Lets say pass only 7 minutes or lower he already lost 700 shares but he still have 300 shares remaining. So in this case he will get back 300 ( his remaining shares ) + 80% of 700 lost shares ( 700 * 0.8 = 560 shares ) = 300 + 560 = 860 shares will have in total... of 1000 = he lost 140 shares because he not mine 7 minutes.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:41:28 AM

So you're penalising miners who leave at any time of the round?

Greee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:47:24 AM

So you're penalising miners who leave at any time of the round?

This is the idea... stable / full time miners will win extra i have no problems to be a stable miner and i have see others stable.

All the percents can be fixed to be ok for all what can i say...
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 12:16:13 PM

Some miners prefer to use proxy pools such as ABC pool. These proxies add hashrate to pools at random intervals. By using such a reward method you're suggesting, you lose the possibility of attracting those hashes to your pool.

What you want to do is ensure that the expected value of any share at any time is always equal to (bitcoin reward)/(mining difficulty). If you can do that you have a fair, hopper proof reward method. Then you just have to ensure payout variance is as low as possible. It's possible you might be able to do this, but I think it unlikely that there could be a reward method not covered in https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf 

As slush inferred, it would be better not to attempt to reinvent the wheel when there are already several splendid wheels to choose from.

martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 05:28:07 PM

pool is down?

Getting no work...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄