Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:55:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-Mining is pretty much free money at this point.  (Read 1534 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:06:40 AM

I am sorry that some of you haven't got the memo but BTC-Mining hasn't spent a dime yet on the mining equipment it's set to buy and with good reason. As far as anyone is concerned, with integrity in-check, every share in BTC-Mining is backed by the 1 BTC it was bought with.

So, please, continue selling them for .8 BTC. I will buy them every time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:11:01 AM

I guess CPA is selling their assets.
Same situation with OBSI on GLBSE.

rxw

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:50:52 AM

People could be selling for under 1 because they see a better investment elsewhere... BTC-Mining probably won't get their equipment for a while if they haven't ordered it yet. By the time they get it, what was once worth 1 BTC of ASIC hardware could be worth less than .8 BTC
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:11:59 AM

People could be selling for under 1 because they see a better investment elsewhere... BTC-Mining probably won't get their equipment for a while if they haven't ordered it yet. By the time they get it, what was once worth 1 BTC of ASIC hardware could be worth less than .8 BTC

They will not be paying the same amount in BTC if they hardware buy in the future. The left over will be reinvested into more hardware, thus the share price will remain the same or grow. If this left over is stolen or fraudulently used while the price stagnates, well, then we are going to have a problem.

This isn't a fixed megahash bond.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:28:53 AM

Also, the dividends are pure profit at this point. So there is absolutely no capital dilution as far as I can tell.
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:33:46 AM

Also, the dividends are pure profit at this point. So there is absolutely no capital dilution as far as I can tell.

The dividends have to come from somewhere....If they haven't spent money on equipment to generate any form of revenue and then earnings, the dividends are likely just coming from the initial capital from the sale of the shares in the first place.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:37:26 AM

The dividends have to come from somewhere....If they haven't spent money on equipment to generate any form of revenue and then earnings, the dividends are likely just coming from the initial capital from the sale of the shares in the first place.

However, they aren't. The capital was actually lent out to another mining operation which will either be returned or replaced in the future. The dividends are the interest.
Factory

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:40:33 AM

However, they aren't. The capital was actually lent out to another mining operation which will either be returned or replaced in the future. The dividends are the interest.

Well then those lending practices are an added risk and may explain why some people believe the shares are worth less than what you think they are worth.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:43:42 AM

Well then those lending practices are an added risk and may explain why some people believe the shares are to be worth less than you do.

I find BTC-Mining to be highly competent. The entrepreneur makes the business in most cases and I doubt that will not be the case here.
Factory

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:51:34 AM

Well then those lending practices are an added risk and may explain why some people believe the shares are to be worth less than you do.

I find BTC-Mining to be highly competent. The entrepreneur makes the business in most cases and I doubt that will not be the case here.

They could be very competent; I can't attest to that. None the less, the lending is an added risk. Perhaps that is being reflected heavily in the share price. Regardless, I'm fairly certain it is not as black and white as you make it out to be.
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

They could be very competent; I can't attest to that. None the less, the lending is an added risk. Perhaps that is being reflected heavily in the share price. Regardless, I'm fairly certain it is not as black and white as you make it out to be.

Indeed, there's the lending risk. But I'm pretty certain the 0.80 BTC price it goes down to is due to a lack of bid, the fact there is no ASICs ordered yet and the fact 0.26 BTC in dividends has been given, so exiting as low as 0.80 might not represent a loss to them, at least from their point of view. (Although it seems to me lower than it could have been sold for.)
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:18:25 PM

I guess CPA is selling their assets.
Same situation with OBSI on GLBSE.

CPA does not invest in securities, we only invest in funds or other guaranteed deposit takers ^^

I'm basing my judgement on the following affirmations you made here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110122.0;all:

... we have assets we need to sell, and no one is buying because no one has any money. [...] We HAVE the assets, a lot of them, but we are just having difficulty converting them into BTC. [...] we could pay you in shares of almost any company on GLBSE that you wanted. [...] We hold a very wide range of assets.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: