Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How old were you when Satoshi started Bitcoin?  (Read 2196 times)
dreey

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:44:47 PM

Damn kids in this forum.  Go and get a job.
that`s right man...but children today know more than we knew their age ...they have access to any information today
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:53:16 PM

that`s right man...but children today know more than we knew their age ...they have access to any information today

True.
Hopefully the children of tomorrow will have access to ALL information without it being sensored.
I believe, that is something the blockchain technology (distributed database) can make happen.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:53:51 PM

Just knowing bitcoin last year  ( about 24 yo) and I know about bitcoin from my office friend on my workplace. On the first glance , I'm not interest with bitcoin at all. But once my friend explained that he can turn bitcoin into my local currency by doing simple task and get paid bitcoin. And I were shocked on that time because I can earn bitcoin with a simple task on that day ( Voting some altcoin for Mintpal   Smiley)

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:03:20 PM

Exactly and the children are introducing bitcoins to their parents. And that is best thing about the younger generation they are willing to take risk and they are also willing to learn something new and advanced so I believe this just an beginning of a new era.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:37:29 PM

Exactly and the children are introducing bitcoins to their parents. And that is best thing about the younger generation they are willing to take risk and they are also willing to learn something new and advanced so I believe this just an beginning of a new era.

Its actually fun to see kids in the forum dealing and trying to understand the community at some point, it keeps the bitcoin adoption to all levels, most of us adopted new technologies we still use today as we where in high school, think for a fact how we started to use the computer if you in fact started from being a kid doing how work on the internet.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:40:56 PM

How old were you when Satoshi Nakamoto published the Bitcoin White Paper in 2009? I wont be able to tell you how old am I when the white paper was published. I was only a kid when it happen. Back then, I am a boy with no internet access. I only started to "lurk" around the internet a year after the white paper was published. Even if I have internet access back then, I would not know about Bitcoin because I am a kid. I rather play game on Miniclip than reading ..

13 Cheesy

hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:13:13 PM

Its actually fun to see kids in the forum dealing and trying to understand the community at some point, it keeps the bitcoin adoption to all levels, most of us adopted new technologies we still use today as we where in high school, think for a fact how we started to use the computer if you in fact started from being a kid doing how work on the internet.

Exactly and it proves that today's youth is more advanced and more knowledgeable as compared to the youth of last decade. i mean the adoption and learning rate is so high nowadays that makes it more interesting and we want that adoption should be at all levels.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 08:02:18 PM

I was 16 years old at that time. Of course I didn't know about bitcoin then. It came to my attention almost 6-7 years letter. But good job to Satoshi for making this bitcoin system.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:09:17 PM

so, you are basically asking, how old and members of this board or there is something else behind?

if yes, maybe is better to create some off-topic post with voting pool. what surprised me is, how many young guys (around 20) are here, I expected, that if they knows about crypto at least something, they are stick to dogecoin and visiting something more cool like reddit:) to answer your question, I was right after university looking for first job and I was totally unaware about cryptography, open-source, github, linux...everything, what I'm using daily these days. omg Tongue Tongue
btcgollum

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:13:57 PM

I first heard of Bitcoin when i was 32 years
runpaint

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:57:05 PM

Up to today, I have around 0.1 Bitcoin in my wallet.

Did you make it to .125 yet?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:38:49 PM

I sent you .025 so you should have at least .125 now

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:44:42 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 06:54:00 AM by Cryptopher

When Satoshi started it I was finishing up my Masters, early 20s.

I heard about it a couple of years ago now, around summer 2013.

Wasn't entirely sold on it straight away but took the plunge as the price was rising.

It would have been nice to have got involved earlier on, but I can't say that I would have held through to the late 2013 peak.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:49:32 AM

So, with exception from a few +40 years old, there are mostly kids here...? Perhaps just a coincidence who answers in the thread, but I'm actually surprised that we have 15 year old kids here.

I'm in the old crowd.

MrTea

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:16:25 AM

I remember I was 17 ages at that time, high school time. This question kinda reminds me some funny stuff I have done those time. Bitcoin was just a little news on our newspaper that day.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:52:51 AM

~BCX~
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:22:54 AM

When satoshi started bitcoin project i was 28 years old...
barsbars

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:23:50 AM

When bitcoin born, i was in my sweet seventeen Grin
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 02:26:13 AM

way back in 2009 im 15 and dont have any interestest in making money online..
no knowledge of anything just like you... all i want that time is to play and play and play online..  Grin  Grin  Grin

CryptAware

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:35:56 AM

I was 23 in 2009 I was on the computer 24/7 back then too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: