Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:23:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Want to make a Mobile Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 1842 times)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 06:36:11 PM

How about an advanced or expert user mode where I can select which inputs I want to use and lets me spend unconfirmed transactions. Also include RBF (replace-by-fee) and CPFP (child pays for parent) so that I can get some unconfirmed transaction confirmed.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonautz (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:54:07 AM

How about an advanced or expert user mode where I can select which inputs I want to use and lets me spend unconfirmed transactions. Also include RBF (replace-by-fee) and CPFP (child pays for parent) so that I can get some unconfirmed transaction confirmed.

The idea is to cater to the mainstream user, not the expert user.

A security pin will most definitely be used.

I was more wondering if you all wanted some other features that these other mobile wallets didn't have.

How about finger verification? or retina verify? I think it's didn't have, although i don't have idea how to make it, but it will be great and maybe will make your app famous because this feature is rare, even didn't have for bitcoin wallet.

This is something I think the average user is not really interested in.

Anirban Sarkar

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

yes you can use Mycelium wallet ...!!!
cryptonautz (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:00:48 AM

yes you can use Mycelium wallet ...!!!

I want to make another mobile wallet that is more user friendly, trust me... mycelium is great but not for the average user. Plus it is a SPV wallet and we know the issues that that brought.
cryptonautz (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:49:23 AM

What social aspects do you feel are missing from the apps nowadays?

Shouldn't there be a fun factor involved with mobile wallets?
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:56:48 AM

First, I wish you will have finally your wallet as you want it.
Second, I am a coinbase user and I find this wallet wonderful (even I cannot buy/sell bitcoins from my wallet because my country it is not yet in the list of the countries on which this service can be offered by coinbase). Can you tell me why don't like this wallet?
Third, I would like that your wallet give the possibility to everyone in the Earth to buy/sell bitcoins from its wallet. With fair prices. Can you do this?
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:44:22 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 04:57:57 AM by moni3z

If you have Android 5.x+ you can play around with Termux http://termux.com/
You can build C and some C++ binaries with gcc right on the device, use python 3.4.x  and various interpreters by installing packages https://github.com/termux/termux-packages I got emacs working on my phone some wallet software out there should work (I haven't tried yet).

Could port python 2.7.x to it, or ask the guy maintaining packages for termux to include it, and try to run Electrum console in tmux. Obviously not idiot friendly but you can easily abstract away the entire terminal if you wanted then have both power console users and regular users.
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:54:45 PM

Hey forum,

I recently downloaded all the bitcoin wallets their are on the app store/play store etc. and I couldn't find a single one that I could recommend to any of my friends.

Then I got the crazy idea to create one myself.

But before I do that, I would like to know something from fellow bitcoiners:

• What features you all would like to see in your Bitcoin Mobile Wallets?
  • What are your complaints of current BTC mobile wallets?
  • Any other pointers you'd like to give me?

Thanks so much! Let's hope I can create the better wallet out there Smiley

You wallet would need to be easy as current phone wallets but there should be an option to use it as an experienced user. I can't like the normal wallets about their way how they handle everything for you. Ultimately hindering you from doing it the way you want to. For example no list of your addresses, you only get one shown. This is paternalism and extremely annoying.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

cryptonautz (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:58:24 PM

All valid points, than you all for your feedback.

How can I try and get new users of Bitcoin to try my wallet? What would you do?
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:23:23 PM

Easy: Give them free Bitcoin, give them even more, if they write a small review. It doesn't have to be much you give them. People like free money, even if it is just a dollar.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 01:57:54 PM

First, get it approved on the Play Store. Then make it open source and contact the people at bitcoin.org and see if you can get it listed on their website. It will make you seem credible and let everyone else know that trusted people have looked at the code and determined that it is not malicious. Advertise it around the forum and give some people free Bitcoin to start with. Say like the first X users get Y Bitcoin free.

cryptonautz (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

First, get it approved on the Play Store. Then make it open source and contact the people at bitcoin.org and see if you can get it listed on their website. It will make you seem credible and let everyone else know that trusted people have looked at the code and determined that it is not malicious. Advertise it around the forum and give some people free Bitcoin to start with. Say like the first X users get Y Bitcoin free.

good points; i'm looking more for fun marketing ideas to get totally new users that are for the first time using Bitcoin to get my wallet
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: