Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:55:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashing! Is this the beginning of the end for bitcoins?  (Read 3956 times)
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:13:27 PM

People go so used to the stability in the 230 range that swings of 10 usd a day are now considered crashes and bull runs. It is so funny to watch Wink

Yeah and they call it a pump & dump scheme lol. I guess gold, silver, euro and dollar etc. are also all pump & dump schemes because they go through the same price movements. Tongue

Hehe, to be fair, the fluctuations there are generally not in the 10% range, more like 1-3% Wink Although ofcourse the dollar/euro ratio has been particularly volatile lately..

We've seen 10% moves recently as well in currency pairs, even some bigger moves. But yeah generally BTC is still a lot more volatile than the main currencies of course. It's nice to see though how much the volatility has gone down over the years. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
betterangels

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:16:24 PM

BTC stable 240 - 260 ~ for months
 Smiley
PseudoCode

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

+/- $10-20 fluctuations, big whoop. When Bitcoin looses 25% or more of its value in a dump, that's cause for alarm.
It's still dropping. Don't worry, we will hit that -25% within a few days tops.

Quoted for lols and to avoid deletions/edits.
16/07/2015.  Kwukduck predicts <$214 (-25% from $285) within "a few" (3?) Days.
Check back on 19/07.  See you then Smiley

So, here we are.  3+ days later.  Price is 275, a *huge 3.5% drop.  Oh no, BTC is doomed !
If you ignore that its still UP 12% on where it was a month ago, and UP 20% from 3 months ago.

Meanwhile, Kwukduck is still off spouting his baseless unsupported opinions in every thread he can open his beak in.
All of course for *your own good.  He has nothing but good intentions and a desire to save you from your own stupidity as motivation.  Really.

Trolls - Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone wants to see yours.

If you have nothing backing your opinion, but your own feelings, and a bunch of words you learned from the "boys coloring book of stock market terminology" then you might as well not bother, noone is going to take any notice of you except to laugh, and maybe call you an idiot if theyre bored and tired of your noise (Like I was when I first challenged him). 

I know, its usually better to ignore trolls, but sometimes they need a smackdown just to show that they have nothing but wind inside them.

Watch for the next exciting (yawn) installment of meaningless Kwacking from him.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:00:58 AM

+/- $10-20 fluctuations, big whoop. When Bitcoin looses 25% or more of its value in a dump, that's cause for alarm.
It's still dropping. Don't worry, we will hit that -25% within a few days tops.

Quoted for lols and to avoid deletions/edits.
16/07/2015.  Kwukduck predicts <$214 (-25% from $285) within "a few" (3?) Days.
Check back on 19/07.  See you then Smiley

So, here we are.  3+ days later.  Price is 275, a *huge 3.5% drop.  Oh no, BTC is doomed !
If you ignore that its still UP 12% on where it was a month ago, and UP 20% from 3 months ago.

Meanwhile, Kwukduck is still off spouting his baseless unsupported opinions in every thread he can open his beak in.
All of course for *your own good.  He has nothing but good intentions and a desire to save you from your own stupidity as motivation.  Really.

Trolls - Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone wants to see yours.

If you have nothing backing your opinion, but your own feelings, and a bunch of words you learned from the "boys coloring book of stock market terminology" then you might as well not bother, noone is going to take any notice of you except to laugh, and maybe call you an idiot if theyre bored and tired of your noise (Like I was when I first challenged him). 

I know, its usually better to ignore trolls, but sometimes they need a smackdown just to show that they have nothing but wind inside them.

Watch for the next exciting (yawn) installment of meaningless Kwacking from him.

All the armchair quarterbacking in the forums has about zero affect on the price.

PseudoCode

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:29:01 AM

I agree,  Any *serious financial investor would surely know better than to take any notice of a bunch of anonymous faces talking smack in some internet forum.

Which leaves the only motivation for people arguing about the price to be either butthurt want-to-buy-back-in'ers who believe talking crap will help keep the price down, emotionally wounded criers that cant stand something they thought wouldnt work actually doing so, or bored trolls looking to stir up arguments for their own entertainment.

Personally, I occasionally derive some enjoyment and education from reading peoples opinions on how world events might affect the uptake of a new type of money, IF they have supporting evidence or rational logic behind it that they can explain clearly.   

Cracked record noisemakers spouting repeated BS annoy me, but only occasionally to the point that I could be bothered smacking one of them Smiley
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:40:01 AM

I agree,  Any *serious financial investor would surely know better than to take any notice of a bunch of anonymous faces talking smack in some internet forum.

Which leaves the only motivation for people arguing about the price to be either butthurt want-to-buy-back-in'ers who believe talking crap will help keep the price down, emotionally wounded criers that cant stand something they thought wouldnt work actually doing so, or bored trolls looking to stir up arguments for their own entertainment.

Personally, I occasionally derive some enjoyment and education from reading peoples opinions on how world events might affect the uptake of a new type of money, IF they have supporting evidence or rational logic behind it that they can explain clearly.   

Cracked record noisemakers spouting repeated BS annoy me, but only occasionally to the point that I could be bothered smacking one of them Smiley

unfortunately for Kwuckduck, his only real argument is that there are whales who can play the market like a puppet.
Yet, we've already seen one bearwhale slain.  There's really no fundamental reason why Bitcoin won't continue to grow
both in adoption and price.

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:41:03 AM

Check out the "do you own more then 1 bitcoin" thread.  Barely anybody on this forum does.  Trolls are totally wasting there time here trying to get Joe blow to sell his 0.1 btc before a huge crash.  Lmao
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:02:37 AM

You should check btc-e chat to see the real terror, people always talking shit there, litecoin price going down, buy buy, sell sell and other typical quotes from the trollbox, of course nothing of that matters. There was someone who sold bitcoins for 150$ on btc-e which made the price crash there from 275~ to 250~ and then going up again.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:05:50 PM

Check out the "do you own more then 1 bitcoin" thread.  Barely anybody on this forum does.  Trolls are totally wasting there time here trying to get Joe blow to sell his 0.1 btc before a huge crash.  Lmao

I agree, trying to make good buy/sell decisions will NOT happen if you listen to 99% of the people on here.  There really are too many permabulls who will not admit it is possible for the price to go down and stay down.  A rise in price is not certain.

The btc-e trollbox is possibly worse.  Anyway, there are a few reliable and levelheaded market watchers on this forum.  They use logic and market awareness to make predictions, and they dont get overexcited over 5-10% movements.  Those are expected now, and can easily happen in a day, or even a few hours.
farting_shot (OP)

Activity: 318

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:12:46 PM

$276 on bfx and seems to be going down. Bitcoin should be re-named "Monicacoin" since it loves to go down.

I have to admit we're not going to see $120 any time soon; however, we're not going to see $1000 either. Most reasonable people would say we're going to stay around $270-280 for a while. I'm fine with that, how about you?
Greendragon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:15:45 PM

BITCOIN GOING DOWN
DOUBLE DIGITS SOON
SELL SELL SELL
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:18:33 PM

$276 on bfx and seems to be going down. Bitcoin should be re-named "Monicacoin" since it loves to go down.

I have to admit we're not going to see $120 any time soon; however, we're not going to see $1000 either. Most reasonable people would say we're going to stay around $270-280 for a while. I'm fine with that, how about you?

People agreed that we would stay in near 240 for a while, and before people agreed we would stay at 220 for a while, etc.

Hard to see the same level of price for more than a couple of weeks, but between the changes the current level always looks too solid and most people agree that it won't change soon
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 11:58:22 PM

Lol... I was so desperate to sell at $310, sadly my internet was very limited and I couldn't even access bitcointalk to look for a buyer. Sad  looks like its stabilizing now over $275.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:29:57 AM

Its been holding mid $200 for the last two months.

I dont think it`ll go down on significant price drops. Selling at anywhere near mid high 200ish is still decent, if you plan to buy back in if it ever drops to low $100ish.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:55:44 AM

If its crashing, Id assume the price to be low then 278.

To let it to go under that price point though, but whales and other manipulation factors on the daily.

lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:03:53 AM

BITCOIN GOING DOWN
DOUBLE DIGITS SOON
SELL SELL SELL

Double digits?  Huh

Before it hits those kind of #`s, I`d see something horrible on reddits bitcoin news area of something technical with bitcoin that makes people to drop the coin.

But if its like that means almost everyone is dropping the coin.. so what would be the point for being a last holder.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:22:21 AM

Its been holding mid $200 for the last two months.

I dont think it`ll go down on significant price drops. Selling at anywhere near mid high 200ish is still decent, if you plan to buy back in if it ever drops to low $100ish.

What is more interesting to observe are the orderbook plays of one big entity on bitfinex. Every time the market moves in one direction he is trying to accelerate this effect by either using his buywalls to support a floor or taking out his buywalls and creating sellwalls to make bitcoin look that it could crash down to 150$ in a blink of an eye.
slap

Activity: 564
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:16:47 PM

287 and going down fast!!! Sell your over-priced coins right now!!! Cut your losses!!! We're going down to test new lows!!!
So I did thanks to you farts.  Angry
Now I want my stash (5btc!) back, you -£|##%
You can send them to my other adress;
1BCDUz5XSsfcTP7eR4G1MvTB8AYGPrUWJB
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:34:23 PM

287 and going down fast!!! Sell your over-priced coins right now!!! Cut your losses!!! We're going down to test new lows!!!
So I did thanks to you farts.  Angry
Now I want my stash (5btc!) back, you -£|##%
You can send them to my other adress;
1BCDUz5XSsfcTP7eR4G1MvTB8AYGPrUWJB

Pricing isnt based on a indiviuals buying power, unless youre a super whale.

Its more of the market in reacting the PR or other elements. Threads like this cant get enough traction to effect price unless this was on a reddit top page or something related lol.
titibach

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:12:44 PM

And time answer you prediction op.. The price flutuate make some people including me generate some fast and big money in aweek. Grin
And no crashing was not the end of bitcoin although it a sign that bit oin have it power on world currency..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: