Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:18:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mine opportunity with ultra-cheap electricity  (Read 8096 times)
chiguireitor (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 11:51:52 PM

I guess I don't understand you are putting down money for a structure of some-sorts and land.   Why not just upgrade current space if it works out and have one bigger space actually  built with cooling and BTC in mind?   

'cause my current spaces are for my miners Cheesy Wink

And the mining-specific place, yeah it is gonna happen... i just want to be backed by results, not just armchair calculations made up by me... easier to prove the idea that way.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MarkItZero

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:48:31 PM

Any word from the government? It is concerning because it looked like they ordered your biggest ISP, CANTV, to start blocking Bitcoin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3n3n8b/state_owned_and_biggest_isp_in_venezuela_have/

If Bitcoin is blocked by the ISPs/government in Venezuela it would not make any sense for someone to have a long term lease on their own mine down there.

Do you have government connections? Can you get your own exception?

chiguireitor (OP)
Legendary

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 04:10:18 AM

Any word from the government? It is concerning because it looked like they ordered your biggest ISP, CANTV, to start blocking Bitcoin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3n3n8b/state_owned_and_biggest_isp_in_venezuela_have/

If Bitcoin is blocked by the ISPs/government in Venezuela it would not make any sense for someone to have a long term lease on their own mine down there.

I posted right there on the thread, search my nickname. I'm the mod of /r/BitcoinVzla and have SEVERAL govt. connections. This news was just noob BS. There wasn't any block, just our crappy isp being crappy.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:42:07 AM

I posted right there on the thread, search my nickname. I'm the mod of /r/BitcoinVzla and have SEVERAL govt. connections. This news was just noob BS. There wasn't any block, just our crappy isp being crappy.

Interesting read from that first reddit - https://d3d5dz3e9kyqan.cloudfront.net/confirmado-cantv-y-conatel-bloquean-medio-internet-para-sacar-dolartoday-del-aire-sin-exito-aqui-la-prueba/

I have no idea if it is true but it sounds like there was a cloudflare block they did temporary.  Do you have any link to article saying what happened if it was not a block that went wrong?  What's the real story?
chiguireitor (OP)
Legendary

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 01:49:28 PM

[...]
Interesting read from that first reddit - https://d3d5dz3e9kyqan.cloudfront.net/confirmado-cantv-y-conatel-bloquean-medio-internet-para-sacar-dolartoday-del-aire-sin-exito-aqui-la-prueba/

I have no idea if it is true but it sounds like there was a cloudflare block they did temporary.  Do you have any link to article saying what happened if it was not a block that went wrong?  What's the real story?

Newbies making noise for nothing. It so happens that most of the problems that happened that day had nothing to do with blocking and more to do with the main ISP being shitty.

I had stable service along 5 uplinks, accesed the forum, bitcoinwisdom, several exchanges and several pools without problem. Even blockchain.info and coinbase.

This was just noise for noise's sake.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:35:34 PM

[...]

Newbies making noise for nothing. It so happens that most of the problems that happened that day had nothing to do with blocking and more to do with the main ISP being shitty.

I had stable service along 5 uplinks, accesed the forum, bitcoinwisdom, several exchanges and several pools without problem. Even blockchain.info and coinbase.

This was just noise for noise's sake.

It sounded like it had to do with cloudflare.  Are you saying they did not temporary block cloudflare effecting sites that used it? 

I'm not saying they blocked bitcoin sites.  But it sounded like they blocked cloudflare sites during that period.
chiguireitor (OP)
Legendary

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 10:47:26 AM

[...]

It sounded like it had to do with cloudflare.  Are you saying they did not temporary block cloudflare effecting sites that used it? 

I'm not saying they blocked bitcoin sites.  But it sounded like they blocked cloudflare sites during that period.

It could have been a test to block dolartoday.com (it has happened before). They effectivelly blocked pastebin.org for some time because some people used it to communicate during the recent riots (i had sent several emails to get it unblocked, it was nonsensical, dunno if it was only me, but it works now).

However, as dolartoday uses aws, sometimes they end up impacting other sites (noobs). Their security team is like the infinite monkey theorem, they have a throng of newbies trying shit so eventually they get partial results.

Could be.... but i'm sounding conspirationist now hehe

CoinThug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:59:52 AM

Waw! that is nice to see how cheap it can be.
pilscoop

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:39:27 AM

What kind of government contacts do you have?
Is anyone important backing your project?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:43:50 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 06:48:02 AM by Amph

i doubt he need a government contract, he just need a good electricity contract, if he is not running his electricity with his own method like solar panel and akin

the remaining stuff are just asic
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:15:16 AM

i doubt he need a government contract, he just need a good electricity contract, if he is not running his electricity with his own method like solar panel and akin

the remaining stuf are just asic

I think you would need a government contact if you are using a lot of electricity there.  Business there scares me a bit after reading.

Biggest thing is if OP's contact could prevent like what happened to Pepsi and Nestle where government literally seized asserts-  http://blogs.barrons.com/emergingmarketsdaily/2015/10/12/pepsi-says-goodbye-to-venezuela/

If huge companies cant avoid seized I don't know what it would take to operate there.  I realize I'm not there so I'm not seeing whole thing.  But as a investor that article is scary when you consider any place that that can happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: