Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Use bitcoin to make money untraceable  (Read 3312 times)
Josephh (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:45:03 PM

So this is the point, I have some money on a Visa card in the United States. I live in Europe and I have a creditcard where I want the money transferred to, so I can withdraw the money in an ATM. If I just send the money to my account here with paypal or something like that, cops/feds can just trace the money, and see my name on my european creditcard. I was thinking as a solution, because everyone says bitcoin is untraceable etc., if I make an account on a site on the deep web (or clearnet), wich is capable of sending bitcoins from one account to another, and send it to another account, sell the bitcoins from that account to paypal, and then withdraw it to my creditcard. Is something like that possible? Can cops/feds trace the money back to me? Anyone suggestions of how to make the money untraceable for cops?

thanks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:04:40 PM

uhm they will simply see the result, which is new money on your credit card, guess what they will wonder? from where these money come?

if you really want to be more unctraceable, you need to pay directly in bitcoin for buying stuff and do it privately not with your name stated in the shipping package otherwise even this method might be pointless
Josephh (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:49:51 PM

Yeah they will see this on my creditcard. But I don't really care about that, it's possible I sold something via eBay or so and just withdrawed the money from paypal to my creditcard, it's a prepaid but my name is on it. Assuming cops don't check every creditcard in the world, it's not a problem that some money appeared on a random guy's european creditcard. I just search for a way to get the money to an account, and the cops don't know witch account, so when the money appears on my creditcard they can't know for sure it's the money I just sent from account to account.

Are you saying if I just buy Bitcoins with the Visa, buy stuff online with the bitcoins, they cannot know I bought this with the money on the Visa card?
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:16:48 PM

They will not be able to prove any link between the two credit card accounts if you do it through Bitcoin.
However, when receiving it on your European card, it may be suspicious.
If your primary aim is ensuring that authorities cannot see the transfer between the two accounts, Bitcoin should be enough to hide it.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Josephh (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:34:39 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 09:02:54 PM by Josephh

You mean sing up two accounts that use bitcoins, send money one to another, then sell the bitcoins from the account, receive the money on paypal, and withdraw it to my creditcard?

if I send money from an account to another bitcoin address, are the cops able to trace to which account the bitcoins were sent, so they know which account they need to check.
For example, I buy some bitcoins at coinbase with the Visa card, then I send them to the bitcoin address of the other account, are cops able to see the bitcoins are on the other account and they are transferred to paypal?
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:42:29 PM

Yeah they will see this on my creditcard. But I don't really care about that, it's possible I sold something via eBay or so and just withdrawed the money from paypal to my creditcard, it's a prepaid but my name is on it. Assuming cops don't check every creditcard in the world, it's not a problem that some money appeared on a random guy's european creditcard. I just search for a way to get the money to an account, and the cops don't know witch account, so when the money appears on my creditcard they can't know for sure it's the money I just sent from account to account.

Are you saying if I just buy Bitcoins with the Visa, buy stuff online with the bitcoins, they cannot know I bought this with the money on the Visa card?
They won't check every credit card in the world, they'll check the ones with your name on it so... the number one thing you'll have to worry about is hiding your identity.  It'll be very possible for you to let something slip in the whole process.  Also, keep in mind that the person you are selling bitcoins to will know your name as well.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:01:38 AM

You mean sing up two accounts that use bitcoins, send money one to another, then sell the bitcoins from the account, receive the money on paypal, and withdraw it to my creditcard?

if I send money from an account to another bitcoin address, are the cops able to trace to which account the bitcoins were sent, so they know which account they need to check.
For example, I buy some bitcoins at coinbase with the Visa card, then I send them to the bitcoin address of the other account, are cops able to see the bitcoins are on the other account and they are transferred to paypal?

man it does not matter, as long as yourecieve fiat money on your bank account, and this is a considerable amount, not few pennies, they can track you back it does not matter if does money where sold using rocks/bitcoin/peanuts with multiple account

the point is to avoid completely fiat if you want to be not-traceable
Enzyme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:30:53 AM

It seems pretty obvious that you've carded money...
Josephh (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:28:30 PM

If I just use a false name everywhere, there's no problem. What do you exactly mean by 'fiat'? When I don't transfer this money to my bank account and just use the Visa card to order some stuff on Amazon, and let it ship to my address, it's not hard for cops to see the money was used on my Amazon account, under a false name, and shipped to my address, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: