Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make Bitcoin transactions untraceable?  (Read 16016 times)
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 4127

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:58:02 PM

I heard many mixer services will make our transactions untraceable by using different bitcoin addresses. very much useful services.
Mixers are centralized third parties. This is not a trustless solution
You can use different mixers and gambling sites to lower the probability of it getting linked together. You could potentially send it to a trustable mixer which delete logs but still it may be possible that they are keeping them.You can also exchange the Bitcoin to Monero using exchange A and send the monero to exchange B to withdraw. Many exchanges do not require verification.

Sounds like a lot of work and on mixer your trusting someone else you have no idea who it is. I still think mining sounds like easiest way.

Mine through a proxy or vpn you know does not keep log and mine directly to bitcoin address you want.  It's a new coin so no real history but from pool sending it.
Again, those providers may just be making a false promise and not actually deleting the logs or worst, giving them to the government. Unless you have any miners that is efficient, it probably won't work and the risk is huge. Renting rigs wouldn't help either, they typically sell their hashpower at more than what you can earn.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:41:58 PM

I heard many mixer services will make our transactions untraceable by using different bitcoin addresses. very much useful services.
You can use different mixers and gambling sites to lower the probability of it getting linked together. You could potentially send it to a trustable mixer which delete logs but still it may be possible that they are keeping them.You can also exchange the Bitcoin to Monero using exchange A and send the monero to exchange B to withdraw. Many exchanges do not require verification.

Sounds like a lot of work and on mixer your trusting someone else you have no idea who it is. I still think mining sounds like easiest way.

Mine through a proxy or vpn you know does not keep log and mine directly to bitcoin address you want.  It's a new coin so no real history but from pool sending it.
Again, those providers may just be making a false promise and not actually deleting the logs or worst, giving them to the government. Unless you have any miners that is efficient, it probably won't work and the risk is huge. Renting rigs wouldn't help either, they typically sell their hashpower at more than what you can earn.

I think the idea behind renting the rigs is that you keep separated from the coins. And while you lose money, you lose money doing mixers or other things, too.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:37:15 PM

Mine through a proxy or vpn you know does not keep log and mine directly to bitcoin address you want.  It's a new coin so no real history but from pool sending it.

I am kinda a pessimist on some things.  I look at it as chances are a mixer has some records.  They need to know what comes in and what goes out ... or how do they know they are making a profit?  

They have wallets somehow connnected to the site.  Can you imagine having a decent hot wallet running a mixer and not logging IP's or other info?  I mean what if they are hacked they need info on where coins are sent... and more info.  I think they as a business have some logs in most cases.  
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:30:38 PM

I am kinda a pessimist on some things.  I look at it as chances are a mixer has some records.  They need to know what comes in and what goes out ... or how do they know they are making a profit? 

They have wallets somehow connnected to the site.  Can you imagine having a decent hot wallet running a mixer and not logging IP's or other info?  I mean what if they are hacked they need info on where coins are sent... and more info.  I think they as a business have some logs in most cases.   

I don't think they'd log IPs, and just hope nothing happens. About the profit situation, I'd assume they log the number of coins in/out, as that's easy to do just with simple incrementing numbers.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
matrix zion

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:34:33 PM

the first thing is to not reuse addresses. rather, generate a new address every time
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 10:37:17 PM

the first thing is to not reuse addresses. rather, generate a new address every time

Well with a lot (if not all) wallets that you use, the wallet generates a new address each time you receive bitcoins to the previous address... so that's already implemented.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:30:44 PM

Well with a lot (if not all) wallets that you use, the wallet generates a new address each time you receive bitcoins to the previous address... so that's already implemented.

I'm not aware of any that do that. Can you name some? Xapo, Circle, Coinbase, Blockchain.info, MultiBit, Bitcoin QT, Electrum, (I know I'm missing a lot here) definitely don't.

phishead

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 02:53:49 AM

I'm not aware of any that do that. Can you name some? Xapo, Circle, Coinbase, Blockchain.info, MultiBit, Bitcoin QT, Electrum, (I know I'm missing a lot here) definitely don't.

Well I personally use breadwallet for iOS... I know for a fact this wallet does, but have used blocktrail in the past as well that did it... I have just assumed that all wallets changed the wallet address after each transaction had been received?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:59:40 AM

Well I personally use breadwallet for iOS... I know for a fact this wallet does, but have used blocktrail in the past as well that did it... I have just assumed that all wallets changed the wallet address after each transaction had been received?

That's definitely the exception, rather than the norm. Some, like Coinbase, will make a new one when you send a transaction, but not when you receive one.

phishead

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 03:10:38 AM

That's definitely the exception, rather than the norm. Some, like Coinbase, will make a new one when you send a transaction, but not when you receive one.

Well in that case, if you use Android, I would suggest you look into getting blocktrail (I think blocktrail is supported by Android)... Regardless, this thread does seem to go off tangent very quickly haha.

But blocktrail seems to be a very secure wallet, while offering that service.  I just prefer bread because it connects directly to the blockchain network.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:51:28 AM

Well in that case, if you use Android, I would suggest you look into getting blocktrail (I think blocktrail is supported by Android)... Regardless, this thread does seem to go off tangent very quickly haha.

But blocktrail seems to be a very secure wallet, while offering that service.  I just prefer bread because it connects directly to the blockchain network.

I think it's actually on topic. Different addresses for each received transaction is a huge thing. Is Bread the one that does dynamic fees, too?

MikeCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:31:47 AM

I dident think that you can make them untraceable.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:50:11 AM

I dident think that you can make them untraceable.

Depends on your definition.    You can always track bitcoin with blockchain.  But you don't know who owns a address that does not get used, or linked online to someone.

If you believe mixers there is no logs and you can not know after being mixed.  I'm a bit of a skeptic.
phishead

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 02:59:20 PM

I think it's actually on topic. Different addresses for each received transaction is a huge thing. Is Bread the one that does dynamic fees, too?

No, I don't believe it takes out any fees at all... just takes out the $.07 or so in miners fees.  But changing the public address isn't really that big of a deal in terms of keeping your transactions untraceable, IMO... all of the previous transactions before can be linked by following where each transaction goes too.

But for example when using a wallet that mixes coins automatically when sending coins out, now that would help out a lot in keeping everything untraceable... I would input the "M" word here now, but I'm going to keep things on topic.  Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:53:16 PM

No, I don't believe it takes out any fees at all... just takes out the $.07 or so in miners fees.  But changing the public address isn't really that big of a deal in terms of keeping your transactions untraceable, IMO... all of the previous transactions before can be linked by following where each transaction goes too.

But for example when using a wallet that mixes coins automatically when sending coins out, now that would help out a lot in keeping everything untraceable... I would input the "M" word here now, but I'm going to keep things on topic.  Smiley

Assuming it get's part out of a known address it seems it is not untraceable.  Even a few cents from known account mixed with many other address's would seem like it shows its you.

So I'm not sure I'm sold on untraceable.  Unless you are not linked to any of the address's sending out.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:21:11 AM

By fees I meant the dynamic miner's fees. Like instead of always being 0.0001 BTC, it will choose whatever is the lowest that will get it confirmed (usually less). I forgot what wallet does that.

katana

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:38:17 AM

By fees I meant the dynamic miner's fees. Like instead of always being 0.0001 BTC, it will choose whatever is the lowest that will get it confirmed (usually less). I forgot what wallet does that.
electrum will automatically calculate the minimum required fees for the tx to get included in the next block. But many ppl are using different wallets or online one. They couldn't do the calculation. So We have to calulate ourself based on cointape.com. Easy and quick!
YoonYeonghwa

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:48:05 AM

You should use a mixing service to mix your coins. Never use a service with logs though.
Although mixing service can mix your coins, they still keep your records on their database, which is hidden from the public. For us, we just need to have that habits of using different address to receive btc and change address. We'd better not link our addresses to one tx and show to the public they are belonging to the same owner. 

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:48:14 AM

No, I don't believe it takes out any fees at all... just takes out the $.07 or so in miners fees.  But changing the public address isn't really that big of a deal in terms of keeping your transactions untraceable, IMO... all of the previous transactions before can be linked by following where each transaction goes too.

But for example when using a wallet that mixes coins automatically when sending coins out, now that would help out a lot in keeping everything untraceable... I would input the "M" word here now, but I'm going to keep things on topic.  Smiley

electrum will automatically calculate the minimum required fees for the tx to get included in the next block. But many ppl are using different wallets or online one. They couldn't do the calculation. So We have to calulate ourself based on cointape.com. Easy and quick!

Whoa, never even heard of cointape! That's awesome. And I didn't realize Electrum did it, either. Thanks for the heads-up on both!

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:52:12 AM

No, I don't believe it takes out any fees at all... just takes out the $.07 or so in miners fees.  But changing the public address isn't really that big of a deal in terms of keeping your transactions untraceable, IMO... all of the previous transactions before can be linked by following where each transaction goes too.

But for example when using a wallet that mixes coins automatically when sending coins out, now that would help out a lot in keeping everything untraceable... I would input the "M" word here now, but I'm going to keep things on topic.  Smiley

Whoa, never even heard of cointape! That's awesome. And I didn't realize Electrum did it, either. Thanks for the heads-up on both!

That really is a amazing thing.  I bookmarked it.  This could have saved me guessing so many times.

To actually see a price and time-frame that is great info!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: