Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT is hard to understand ?  (Read 927 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:33:52 AM

I asked months ago what is Bitcoin XT and peopl said it's something about double spending and peer to peer protocol if I remember right however it's seems deeper then that .

I really can't seem to understand what is it about exactly and it got even more confusing after getting few answers here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1150309.0;topicseen , so have few questions and I really appreciate any answer

• Main and important one is I'am going to lose my bitcoins if I'am late on switching from Bitcoin Core to Bitcoin XT ?? and how is that done correctly
  • What's going to happen to Lightweight wallet ?
  • Why the price is going to be halved iif we switch to Bitcoin XT ?
  • Could you send Bitcoin from Qt to XT after majority switched to XT ? and could you import private keys/wallet.dat to XT aswell ?
  • What mistake I could do that could result on lost of all my coins
  • is Bitcoin XT an alternative coin ? if Yes is difficultly going to be small and we could mine with out PC's once again ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:36:51 AM

That thread is ridiculous and that guy that made it is a troll. I have ignored him long ago. Less than 5% of the network has switched to Bictoin XT.
Bitcoin XT is essentially a fork of Bitcoin at the moment. It is not about double spending nor peer to peer protocol. Bitcoin XT and Core are very much the same character (code wise). Bitcoin XT has some newer implementations such as increased block size. Bitcoin XT can only become the standard Bitcoin if everyone agrees to using it, thus making Bitcoin Core Obsolete.

You can not lose Bitcoins. You just have to keep your original wallet.dat safe and use it with the preferred client/fork.
If they switch to Bitcoin XT, they will work with it. Currently they work with Bitcoin.
The price will not be halved.
You can not send money from QT to XT, i.e. from chain A to chain B. You can import private keys though as mentioned in the first sentence. The same wallet.dat can be used.
Only if you delete your wallet.dat or send your coins to a unknown address.
Yes, Bitcoin XT is considered an altcoin for now (technically it is only testnet now and Bitcoin has not forked yet; meaning Bitcoin XT is not a coin yet). No, the difficulty will not be small.

A helpful link.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:02:44 AM

That thread is ridiculous and that guy that made it is a troll. I have ignored him long ago. Less than 5% of the network has switched to Bictoin XT.
Bitcoin XT is essentially a fork of Bitcoin at the moment. It is not about double spending nor peer to peer protocol. Bitcoin XT and Core are very much the same character (code wise). Bitcoin XT has some newer implementations such as increased block size. Bitcoin XT can only become the standard Bitcoin if everyone agrees to using it, thus making Bitcoin Core Obsolete.

You can not lose Bitcoins. You just have to keep your original wallet.dat safe and use it with the preferred client/fork.
If they switch to Bitcoin XT, they will work with it. Currently they work with Bitcoin.
The price will not be halved.
You can not send money from QT to XT, i.e. from chain A to chain B. You can import private keys though as mentioned in the first sentence. The same wallet.dat can be used.
Only if you delete your wallet.dat or send your coins to a unknown address.
Yes, Bitcoin XT is considered an altcoin for now (technically it is only testnet now and Bitcoin has not forked yet; meaning Bitcoin XT is not a coin yet). No, the difficulty will not be small.

A helpful link.

Thank you so much for your help . Btw, Do you have control on the adress on your profile ? I mean is it the correct one that you use  sent you little something as appreciation
Just to make sure , as long as I have my private keys (even if not wallet.dat) and on Blockchain.info , electrum or anything else ..  nothing could go wrong ? and is it true that this Bitcoin XT won't happen before 2016 ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:51:41 AM

• Main and important one is I'am going to lose my bitcoins if I'am late on switching from Bitcoin Core to Bitcoin XT ?? and how is that done correctly
  • Could you send Bitcoin from Qt to XT after majority switched to XT ? and could you import private keys/wallet.dat to XT aswell ?
  • is Bitcoin XT an alternative coin ? if Yes is difficultly going to be small and we could mine with out PC's once again ?
Bitcoin XT is just modified bitcoin core, in a way that many people switching to it can make fork
You don't need to do anything Smiley, nothing will happen
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:06:49 AM

Bitcoin XT is just modified bitcoin core, in a way that many people switching to it can make fork

bullshit

BitcoinXT is a ALT.

BitcoinXT cannot replace Bitcoin Core.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:02:31 AM

Thank you so much for your help . Btw, Do you have control on the adress on your profile ? I mean is it the correct one that you use  sent you little something as appreciation
Just to make sure , as long as I have my private keys (even if not wallet.dat) and on Blockchain.info , electrum or anything else ..  nothing could go wrong ? and is it true that this Bitcoin XT won't happen before 2016 ?
Yes, that is my address. Thank you and you are welcome.
Exactly. As long as you have all of your private keys you do not need to worry. If Bitcoin XT does happen, it is not going to be before sometime in 2016. However, considering the situation now I do not think that it might happen ever due to lack of consensus. Basically if Blockchain.info, electrum, whatever you're using updates to Bitcoin XT you just import your private keys there and you are good to go.

If you need any more help, you can send me a PM. I would also recommend locking down this thread to avoid unnecessary replies.

Bitcoin XT is an alternative. Anything that changes some drastic rules such as block size can not be considered 'modified Bitcoin Core' else a lot of altcoins would be classified as such.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: