Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: People spreading rumors about BitVPS/GLBSE / Stop messaging me for GLBSE data  (Read 2333 times)
rapeghost (OP)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:54:09 PM

You idiots.

I never claimed to have GLBSE data.

I simply said 'GLBSE has backups'.

Stop messaging me for GLBSE data. I DO NOT HAVE IT.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 07:30:26 PM

But with a name like rapeghost why wouldn't you have all the answers!?
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:36:57 PM

Well, smart ass.

The application was hosted on BitVPS any data related to trading, balance, or users is hosted off site.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 11:48:20 PM

Well, smart ass.

The application was hosted on BitVPS any data related to trading, balance, or users is hosted off site.

Well, dumbass.

You sure?  That would make the app pretty damned slow, wouldn't it?  With your lack of system administration skills, it's slow enough.  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you do in fact have access to the data.

I've asked someone to mentor you on being less stupid.  Please listen to him.

Being slow was a feature of glbse  Tongue

dyingdreams

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:14:59 AM

Being slow was a feature of glbse  Tongue

Not to mention frequent downtime
http://goo.gl/b9E31

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:22:08 AM

And, FWIW, it would be more than upsetting if BitVPS were to just hand over GLBSE data to some random asker(s).. WTF?!

I would hope that rg wouldn't hand that over without the proper court order from the proper authorities. The data do not belong to BitVPS, and to take them without the proper authority is, once again, theft.

It amazes me how quickly people react to theft, possible theft, loss, and possible loss, with requests for more thefts which would result in more losses. Again, WTF?!

And yes, the app worked, to my knowledge from speaking with nefario in the past, just as described above. Lack of speed was one of the primary features of GLBSE. Slowest damn website I'd been using.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 10:14:32 AM

I wonder if BitVPS stock price just took a dump on news rg is revealing who his customers are lol

rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:01:00 PM

Umm.. Are you serious?

Anyone who knows how to lookup a hostname would be able to figure it out.

And no, reeses didn't ask me for the data but other people have (and tried to buy it too)

AND.. glbse was slow because it was written in ruby, it had nothing to do with bitvps.

reeses is just a fuckwit.

I wonder if BitVPS stock price just took a dump on news rg is revealing who his customers are lol
capn noe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:05:18 PM

Umm.. Are you serious?

(and tried to buy it too)

So, how much are we talking about? Are these casual offers for 5btc or are these like 1000btc serious bribe level offers here?
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:13:37 PM

A lot of people are scared, guru.

When people get scared they tend to act out, like trying to get the GLBSE data, etc.

They cant be blamed, its like a bunch of ants running from a flaming ant hill

And, FWIW, it would be more than upsetting if BitVPS were to just hand over GLBSE data to some random asker(s).. WTF?!

I would hope that rg wouldn't hand that over without the proper court order from the proper authorities. The data do not belong to BitVPS, and to take them without the proper authority is, once again, theft.

It amazes me how quickly people react to theft, possible theft, loss, and possible loss, with requests for more thefts which would result in more losses. Again, WTF?!

And yes, the app worked, to my knowledge from speaking with nefario in the past, just as described above. Lack of speed was one of the primary features of GLBSE. Slowest damn website I'd been using.
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:14:09 PM

125 BTC -- top offer

Umm.. Are you serious?

(and tried to buy it too)

So, how much are we talking about? Are these casual offers for 5btc or are these like 1000btc serious bribe level offers here?
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:16:31 PM

And i dont care so much about people trying to buy it, i just tell them to fuck off.

It's just annoying that when i said 'GLBSE has backups', reeses took that to mean that i copied the db and was bragging about it.

That shit is damaging to our companies rep cause people are stupid enough to believe him.

I never had access to the db and never wanted it.
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:46:18 PM

I wish to clarify that I did not ask for the data.  rg specified in one of the 9,000 other threads that GLBSE had backups.  It was easy to deduce from this that they were a BitVPS client.  Since he had already violated the confidence of his client, and rg being a little confused about how computers work, I wanted to help clarify for him that if the application is running on one of the servers or instances that he managed, it is extremely likely that the data was local as well.

I do not advocate releasing the information to a single entity unless compelled by court or requested by GLBSE.  I cannot see an upside.

mm. In bold is why, despite being a shareholder in BitVPS, I will not use the service. Having seen rg publicly disclose what I would consider to be confidential customer information (past due bills, accounts, and more) I have a certain lack of trust in rg's discretion (though, in truth, it seems to just be poor judgement, nothing sinister)

Upside, or not, there's no good reason to do so without being legally compelled.

IIRC, the services run on BitVPS were just front end (nginx?) proxies to the backend data servers which were not located at BitVPS - thus, likely no data cached or saved there.

And i dont care so much about people trying to buy it, i just tell them to fuck off.

It's just annoying that when i said 'GLBSE has backups', reeses took that to mean that i copied the db and was bragging about it.

That shit is damaging to our companies rep cause people are stupid enough to believe him.

Releasing information, inadvertently, in an attempt to calm the seething masses was your unwise move here, rg. What's damaging to your company is disclosing any information about your customers' services, accounts, or configurations without their explicit permission.  It's damaging because you potentially leave someone with the wrong impression about how you operate the company, whether that person is like reeses, or like the person that subscribes to whatever impression reeses gave them about the situation.

Releasing information is as simple as "GLBSE has backups" or ";;later tell $BitVPS_Customer Hey, you're 2 months late, we're going to shut off your services in XX days if you don't pay"  - the latter (which I paraphrase from another episode I witnessed) discloses potentially very significant data (the customer company is in trouble, has no money, can't pay bills, might have already skipped, etc) You just can't continue to do this and expect there to be no repercussions.

rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:39:19 PM

whatever.

I was simply trying to curb the panic.
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:40:43 PM

No shit... Like i said BitVPS has no GLBSE data ... a million times.

I wish to clarify that I did not ask for the data.  rg specified in one of the 9,000 other threads that GLBSE had backups.  It was easy to deduce from this that they were a BitVPS client.  Since he had already violated the confidence of his client, and rg being a little confused about how computers work, I wanted to help clarify for him that if the application is running on one of the servers or instances that he managed, it is extremely likely that the data was local as well.

I do not advocate releasing the information to a single entity unless compelled by court or requested by GLBSE.  I cannot see an upside.

mm. In bold is why, despite being a shareholder in BitVPS, I will not use the service. Having seen rg publicly disclose what I would consider to be confidential customer information (past due bills, accounts, and more) I have a certain lack of trust in rg's discretion (though, in truth, it seems to just be poor judgement, nothing sinister)

Upside, or not, there's no good reason to do so without being legally compelled.

IIRC, the services run on BitVPS were just front end (nginx?) proxies to the backend data servers which were not located at BitVPS - thus, likely no data cached or saved there.

Releasing information, inadvertently, in an attempt to calm the seething masses was your unwise move here, rg. What's damaging to your company is disclosing any information about your customers' services, accounts, or configurations without their explicit permission.  It's damaging because you potentially leave someone with the wrong impression about how you operate the company, whether that person is like reeses, or like the person that subscribes to whatever impression reeses gave them about the situation.

Releasing information is as simple as "GLBSE has backups" or ";;later tell $BitVPS_Customer Hey, you're 2 months late, we're going to shut off your services in XX days if you don't pay"  - the latter (which I paraphrase from another episode I witnessed) discloses potentially very significant data (the customer company is in trouble, has no money, can't pay bills, might have already skipped, etc) You just can't continue to do this and expect there to be no repercussions.

Tittiez

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:20:05 PM

Where there's bitcoin there's drama.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:43:30 PM

Whatever reeses says couldnt possibly do more damage than your own tone and attitude, even if you are correct (which FWIW,  I assume to be the case).
capn noe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:10:03 AM

Are we still holding at 125?

Could you say what the total amount offered has been so far?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: