Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:41:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakery That Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple Raises Record-Breaking Donat  (Read 1693 times)
peterson33

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:03:40 AM

I love how progressives label people bigots for following their religion... It shows how limited their brains are.

Well, someone's brain is pretty limited. No, one can be a Christian and still not be a bigot, and the vast majority of Christians are not bigots. But you SHOULD be upset that bigots are using Christianity as their excuse, and tarnishing the faith in the process. Christ taught the very opposite of what these "Christians" are doing.
rio3232

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:05:43 AM

Well, someone's brain is pretty limited. No, one can be a Christian and still not be a bigot, and the vast majority of Christians are not bigots. But you SHOULD be upset that bigots are using Christianity as their excuse, and tarnishing the faith in the process. Christ taught the very opposite of what these "Christians" are doing.

Wrong. Christians who are labeling other Christians as bigots are at best misguided, and at worst.....hypocrites and even bigots themselves.
jeckman

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:06:50 AM

If that 'little bakery' was owned by muslims, the ACLU would have defended them to the death.

I tend to agree with this.....
tiffany8

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:08:10 AM

What evidence to do you have that "bigots" are cloaking themselves in Christianity?

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it? it doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...
Congtyn

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:25:42 AM

What evidence to do you have that "bigots" are cloaking themselves in Christianity?

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it? it doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...

If ten million people believe a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing....and illegal. I know some people who are Christian that have no problem with catering to Gay events. To them, a sin is something between God and the alleged offender and they do not allow themselves to judge other people, which by the way, is true Christianity....not this cultish crapola being passed out the the evangelical fundamentalists and southern baptists.
rio3232

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:27:25 AM

If ten million people believe a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing....and illegal. I know some people who are Christian that have no problem with catering to Gay events. To them, a sin is something between God and the alleged offender and they do not allow themselves to judge other people, which by the way, is true Christianity....not this cultish crapola being passed out the the evangelical fundamentalists and southern baptists.

Another dimwit comment claiming his or her "brand" of Christianity is supposedly the true Christianity. That's the crapola.
Congtyn

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:28:55 AM

Another dimwit comment claiming his or her "brand" of Christianity is supposedly the true Christianity. That's the crapola.

Speaking of dimwits, I'm not Christian Poindexter.
peterson33

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:31:57 AM

Those who refuse to do some business with some of the public for reasons unrelated to the busines, have been hiding behind their bibles. Surely you have noticed this. They are screaming that the right to discriminate illegally against a minority is part of their "religious freedom."

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it?

But the strong majority of practicing Christians find themselves able to tolerate it without any difficulty. And many of these Christinas (I don't know about Muslims) are coming to recognize that if something is inborn and cannot be altered, it's involuntary and can't be repented, so it's not a sin any more than blond hair is a sin.

It doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...

But your claim of a "sin" rests on willful ignorance of the condition, and your conviction that your god will somehow damn you for tolerance is pretty arrogant. Most Christians realize this.

But isn't it an amazing coincidence that Christians can disagree with one another so violently, and STILL when they pray, their god NEVER corrects their opinion? How they continue to believe they're all praying at the same god is beyond me. Their god must have a nasty sense of humor, to tell the majority to tolerate and the minority NOT to tolerate. This god is a troublemaker.

eaglerock

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:34:20 AM

Good luck with that. (Save your money, though).

Religious belief is not an excuse for breaking the law.

The SCOTUS has ruled on this in the past, it probably won't do so again.

Render unto Caesar.

An unjust law is not a law. If I sell cakes I myself will surely refuse to make a wedding cake for lesbians, sodomites, and other sexual pervert people.
tiffany8

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:36:48 AM

Those who refuse to do some business with some of the public for reasons unrelated to the busines, have been hiding behind their bibles. Surely you have noticed this. They are screaming that the right to discriminate illegally against a minority is part of their "religious freedom."

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it?

But the strong majority of practicing Christians find themselves able to tolerate it without any difficulty. And many of these Christinas (I don't know about Muslims) are coming to recognize that if something is inborn and cannot be altered, it's involuntary and can't be repented, so it's not a sin any more than blond hair is a sin.

It doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...

But your claim of a "sin" rests on willful ignorance of the condition, and your conviction that your god will somehow damn you for tolerance is pretty arrogant. Most Christians realize this.

But isn't it an amazing coincidence that Christians can disagree with one another so violently, and STILL when they pray, their god NEVER corrects their opinion? How they continue to believe they're all praying at the same god is beyond me. Their god must have a nasty sense of humor, to tell the majority to tolerate and the minority NOT to tolerate. This god is a troublemaker.

Who the hell do you think you are rewriting religion?

You're basically saying only Christians who support gay marriage are "real Christians" and the rest are just cloaking their bigotry...

You got some nerve progressive.....

Do you completely ignore the last 1950 years where Christians didn't tolerate homosexuality PERIOD? since when did the messiah come back and set the record straight?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:44:50 AM

An unjust law is not a law. If I sell cakes I myself will surely refuse to make a wedding cake for lesbians, sodomites, and other sexual pervert people.

I agree with you. Law should be equal for everyone. Imagine what will happen, if you go to a bakery run by the African Americans and order a Confederate flag cake. Or imagine what will happen if you go to a bakery run by homosexuals, and order a cake with the label "Death to the Sodomites". If bakers can refuse confederate cake, then for sure they have the right to refuse a Lesbian cake.
rio3232

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:45:47 AM

Speaking of dimwits, I'm not Christian Poindexter.

So you think yours is more correct, because you preach tolerance toward gays? Others believe this is a sin. Yet others stand that truly believing in the gospel is what makes one a true Christian and everything else means little. And so on.

My dimwit comment wasn't personal. Comments by individuals claiming that they know what "true" Christianity is, based on their emotional reaction to gays or anything else, is what is dimwitted.
peterson33

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:48:40 AM

Who the hell do you think you are rewriting religion?

No, I'm not. I'm saying SOME people are bigots. Those among the bigots who are Christians, are using their bibles to rationalize their bigotry.

Do you completely ignore the last 1950 years where Christians didn't tolerate homosexuality PERIOD? since when did the messiah come back and set the record straight?

If intolerance is all you can find to pride yourself on, you are a sorry excuse for a person. Surely you can do better.
tiffany8

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:51:00 AM

I could care less how stupid you think it is... It's only been common among Christians for the last 1950+ years...

The First Amendment is law.....
peterson33

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:53:19 AM

So you think yours is more correct, because you preach tolerance toward gays? Others believe this is a sin. Yet others stand that truly believing in the gospel is what makes one a true Christian and everything else means little. And so on.

Again, I agree. Believe what you will, but follow the law.

My dimwit comment wasn't personal. Comments by individuals claiming that they know what "true" Christianity is, based on their emotional reaction to gays or anything else, is what is dimwitted.

And I agree yet again! Some people have a deeply emotional reaction to gays. This isn't a religious reaction, it's a visceral reaction. The problem comes when they rationalize this reaction by waving their holy scripture around.
shevon

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:54:47 AM

My religious beliefs do not permit me to serve men/women/blacks/Christians
Congtyn

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:56:52 AM

To me, true Christianity is limited to those who emulate the life of the prophet, Jesus Christ. I take my cue from this guy;

rio3232

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:59:24 AM

To me, true Christianity is limited to those who emulate the life of the prophet, Jesus Christ. I take my cue from this guy;

You can believe whatever you choose for yourself. However......the comment "true Christianity is limited to those" is making a bold, incorrect, unnecessary commentary on what others believe.
ended

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:01:12 AM

http://s16.postimg.org/ix19ke5ol/Ilikeyourchrist.jpg

You don't seem to mind intolerance when the intolerants are with you. Instead of merely taking their business elsewhere this lesbian couple opted instead for the most punitive vengeful path possible. True Old Testament stuff.

The fact is this bakery had served this lesbian couple many times in the past (it's why this particular shop was chosen though Portland is filled with bakeries). So these bakers had no problem with homosexuality, per se.
They had a problem with actively being forced to participate (albeit tangentially) in a ceremony their religion did not
approve of.

Well, it seems as though they've had the last laugh. And Ghandi's view of Christians would extend it seems to all of humanity because we all fall far short of perfection. And that would include these lesbians and their supporters who
all howled for their pound of flesh above all else.
Phuminh

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:04:03 AM

You don't seem to mind intolerance when the intolerants are with you. Instead of merely taking their business elsewhere this lesbian couple opted instead for the most punitive vengeful path possible. True Old Testament stuff.

The fact is this bakery had served this lesbian couple many times in the past (it's why this particular shop was chosen though Portland is filled with bakeries). So these bakers had no problem with homosexuality, per se.
They had a problem with actively being forced to participate (albeit tangentially) in a ceremony their religion did not
approve of.

Well, it seems as though they've had the last laugh. And Ghandi's view of Christians would extend it seems to all of humanity because we all fall far short of perfection. And that would include these lesbians and their supporters who
all howled for their pound of flesh above all else.

Bravo ended. About sums it up!

They could have simply taken their business somewhere that wanted it, and this dust storm would have never ensued. And yes.....they are a vengeful, petty couple.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: