Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:55:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce Consulting LLC own by Josh Wepman  (Read 7102 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 09:37:58 PM

Then let him sue me. BTW, I'm not doing this for attention.

I hope he does. 

Not doing it for attention?  Really?  "Hey guys, I have this info, it's super secret, I'll post about it tomorrow."

"Hey guys, here's the super awesome info I found, it's got "Bitforce and Josh" in the name, it must be a super secret related stuff, I'm sure there's a connection." 

"Hey guys... "

Right... not doing it for attention.  IF you wern't doing it for attention, you'd do your research in private and then post when you had some concrete evidence of something, not forking out mindless crap to keep the natives interested while you hunt and peck your way through a ripe, lush land devoid of any real information.

If you wern't doing it for attention, you'd of at least figured out my last name by now, FFS.  But you don't care about that - you want the attention, so you keep harping on dead ends to keep the mystery alive and the attention flowing to you.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 09:45:52 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2012, 10:01:07 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Then let him sue me. BTW, I'm not doing this for attention.

I hope he does.  

Not doing it for attention?  Really?  "Hey guys, I have this info, it's super secret, I'll post about it tomorrow."

"Hey guys, here's the super awesome info I found, it's got "Bitforce and Josh" in the name, it must be a super secret related stuff, I'm sure there's a connection."  

"Hey guys... "

Right... not doing it for attention.  IF you wern't doing it for attention, you'd do your research in private and then post when you had some concrete evidence of something, not forking out mindless crap to keep the natives interested while you hunt and peck your way through a ripe, lush land devoid of any real information.

If you wern't doing it for attention, you'd of at least figured out my last name by now, FFS.  But you don't care about that - you want the attention, so you keep harping on dead ends to keep the mystery alive and the attention flowing to you.

You win! You're right! It was all for attention.

Now that that's behind us, what is your last name, Josh? Who is Sonny K at BF Labs? Where is Sonny V's third post?

I was tired when I posted that, stating as such, along with saying that I will posting relative information the next morning. I also posted it to bump the thread, along with a couple others before calling it a night, but not for the attention. I can care less about attention, and that's the truth.

Now here's the truth as to why I'm on this particular crusade, of which unfortunately involves BFL. I am out a big chuck of change due to Bitcoinica, albeit indirectly, but all the same. I read that fellow bittcoiners were concern with BFL and that a lot of money is currently at stake, and wanted to see if I can shed some light on the subject so that nobody is out more coins. I opted to jump into the mess to see what I can dig up because, quite frankly, no other major happenings were in the works. That is why I jumped unto this bandwagon.

From a video of which you speak, you express your passion about Bitcoin. My fucked up researching is the way I express my passion for same. That is all.

~Bruno~
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:19:47 AM

Bruno is this just fodder to get to 10,000 posts quickly? You are starting to sound like a fucking madman. If you would spend half the time on Bitcoin100 that you spend with these insane ramblings Bitcoin would already be a household word!

I think Phin genuinely believes that he is doing something helpful for Bitcoin.  He just gets easily distracted and doesn't really have a filter so his investigations come out as a garbled stream of consciousness and it's difficult to sift the valid information from the absolute crap.  I do worry that his style will get him into real world trouble one day.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
repentance

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:38:37 AM

...eventually he is going to hurt someone with all the posting of BS info.

This is what worries me most.  One day his assertions will hurt someone innocent who has both the will and the means to strike back and he'll perceive himself as being victimised for trying to do the right thing by the Bitcoin community.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 02:04:13 AM

It's worse than you think. Daily I'll been reading Discipline about 2-3 pages a day, mostly when the laptop is being rebooted while sitting on the shitter so that I can return to this forum and the research tabs I had opened. Although I'm still on track to gross seven figures with the barn wood business, I could have done a lot better if I hadn't dedicated so much time to Bitcoin. The last couple weeks, I dreamed  about the main character in Discipline, barn wood, this forum and my dad, who passed away over two years ago, all rolled into one. Although factual, I'm not in no way freaking out or anything, albeit on the surface it seems I should be seeing a shrink.

I changed, more or less, after the Bitcoinica fiasco transpired. That cost me a chuck of change and, more importantly, local cred. No sooner than I started to espouse the benefits of Bitcoin locally, Bitcoinica hit the fan, and now I'm looked upon as the guy behind Bitcoin here in Sandwich, Illinois. One of the warehouses of which I rented to store and process lead painted barn wood, has now come down and a gas station, of all things, is taking its place. I look forward to seeing the bill from the EPA for that clean up of which they say was heavily contaminated with lead paint. Was it due to my barn wood? I'm 95% certain it was, and I'll have to pay the piper on that. The rub is I probably would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been that I turned some guy onto Bitcoin. Some guy friends with the major. He wasn't taking his lost likely, and I was the scapegoat. Two more warehouses I rented also had to close. Again, one due to the lead paint issue and the other over zoning. I now only have two warehouses storing barn wood, and no longer accept any wood that's been painted. All and all, I'll say that I'm out directly, and indirectly, a hundred grand this year. The only saving grace is that I'm able to fade it, but it still hurt. Business is brisk, and I'm mainly the liaison between the subs I purchase from and the buyers screaming for it

As far as the four posts above, I must admit they're virtually spot on.

Bruno is this just fodder to get to 10,000 posts quickly? You are starting to sound like a fucking madman. If you would spend half the time on Bitcoin100 that you spend with these insane ramblings Bitcoin would already be a household word!

Getting to 10,000 posts quickly is always in the back of my mind. But look at what I've posted in the last couple of days. I've even neglected the 21M image thread in Newbie, created for the following reasons: theymos loves images  Grin ; to increase my post count; to have an excuse to be in Newbie to read if any new scams are in the works.

On the surface, it may seem that I'm beginning to sound like a madman, but in reality I'm not--yet.

I have severely neglected Bitcoin 100 due to all the hacks, thiefs, etc. I was even gung-ho into going to Chicago and get various businesses into accepting Bitcoin, but put all that on hold for the same reasons. I just couldn't promote something that's getting so much negative attention of late.

I think Phin genuinely believes that he is doing something helpful for Bitcoin.  He just gets easily distracted and doesn't really have a filter so his investigations come out as a garbled stream of consciousness and it's difficult to sift the valid information from the absolute crap.  I do worry that his style will get him into real world trouble one day.

Spon on! Although I doubt I'll get into trouble for posting what I do. If I do, I'll really be pissed, for there's several million dollars stolen via Bitcoin, and the chances are not a single person involve will be pentalized.

I think Phin genuinely believes that he is doing something helpful for Bitcoin.  He just gets easily distracted and doesn't really have a filter so his investigations come out as a garbled stream of consciousness and it's difficult to sift the valid information from the absolute crap.  I do worry that his style will get him into real world trouble one day.

I dunno, I guess you're right but his posts just seem to get nuttier every day and eventually he is going to hurt someone with all the posting of BS info.

Again, spot on! My post do seem to get nuttier each day, but again I doubt anybody is going to get hurt over it. Hell, Pirate's address is known, and I'm sure he sleeps fine at night at same address. He probably doesn't even have to lock the doors.

...eventually he is going to hurt someone with all the posting of BS info.

This is what worries me most.  One day his assertions will hurt someone innocent who has both the will and the means to strike back and he'll perceive himself as being victimised for trying to do the right thing by the Bitcoin community.

I can't spot on! this one. What I do see is possibly the narrative being turned on me starting with this post. If I were to post that Joooyu Blunnz did such and such, I'm sure that the craziest of crazies would make sure that JB was the right guy and not go to JB's home with some ill intent.

The only reason I don't let my last name known anywhere on the internet is because I don't have a business that can be looked upon as a means to fleece people and I don't want my first ex-wife's family coming here or elsewhere spreading their vile. But I will share that I live at the corner of Castle St. and Center St. in Sandwich, Illinois. My doors are always unlocked, but bear in mind that a ten year old lives here. The people that do know my last name are Maged, theymos (via maged, for I told him to share it with him), Rassah, Tony, Matthrew, and I think Roger Ver, among a few others I've purchased items from via Bitcoin and sold leather ware to. Speaking of such, there are three named individuals who ordered custom hand tooled leather from Martin and all have ignored my requests for payment. I will never state to anybody who they are, but they know who they are, and do feel that they won't suffer any repercussions for not paying for I'll stated the previous a couple times earlier on this forum. Suffice to say, you would be surprised who ordered and didn't pay.

Quick aside. My ten year old nephew got kicked out of school today and has to serve a three day suspension. Why? Because he said boobie--twice. It was during art class and the students were doing Halloween crafts. My nephew spelled BOO incorrectly so the teacher gave him a dictionary to look it up. Guess what he found that tickled him--boobie. Boobie, a bird, with a picture to accompany the definition. Then, in front of the whole class, the teacher asked if he took his medicine today (half the kids are on it in this school). He said yes, and the teacher called him a liar, then sent him to the principle's office to get said punishment. My sister had to take half a day off from work to pick him up, for Martin was out of town taking care of some leather business.

And you think I'm fucked up.

That said, to date I've found nothing connecting the Josh mentioned in the OP of this thread with the one in KC after many a hours hunting. That only means one of two things: I'm deeply mistaken, but one can easily see how they could have been connected to BFL, or all the tracks have been erased or carefully never put in place. Currently, I'm leaning toward the former, possibly putting the later to rest. Besides, done of the nine million in pre-orders is mine.

Peace, all.

~Bruno~
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:51:21 AM

i have not commented on this thread before as i think phinnaeus Gage is doxing the wrong guy.

do you agree Mr Petersen?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 04:42:09 AM

i have not commented on this thread before as i think phinnaeus Gage is doxing the wrong guy.

do you agree Mr Petersen?

I take that as code, I think. At any rate, we're somewhat on the same side, Franky Boy. Feel free to PM me with anything you think is relevant.

That said, I'm going to post something tomorrow that will bring shock..shock I tell you, to the Bitcoin community. (only kidding  Grin)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:18:45 AM

If anything I'd say that the Bitcoin community does to little looking around when it comes to people who are 'movers and shakers' in the Bitcoin world and thus able to do significant damage.  So, thanks Phin.  IIRC, it was actually the SA goons who finally got the goods on Bruce amid howls of rage from the Bitcoin community replete with all manner of wild assertions about the makeup and motives of SA.  Nobody spends a lot of time DOX'ing people who are pretty up-front about their business, and in this case if BFL delivers the goods nobody (accurately DOX'd or not) is going to have any problems.  If they do not, it won't be long before the poor guy in CO is cleared should he have been incorrectly fingered.

Currently we have some theoretical modicum of help with rip-offs and the artists who perform them from law enforcement (complements of my tax dollars...you're welcome...) but nobody including me is real comfortable with that solution.  An alternative is community self-policing which a handful of people are pioneering.  It's actually a bit surprising to me that there is such widespread outrage.  I would say to people who are whining about it, 'if you cannot stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.'  I personally don't expect to maintain any anonymity if/when I do anything Bitcoin related that effects other people and even if I did I gave up anonymity a long time ago figuring that I would need more reliable ways to solve any problems which may crop up anyway.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
repentance

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:03:10 AM

If anything I'd say that the Bitcoin community does to little looking around when it comes to people who are 'movers and shakers' in the Bitcoin world and thus able to do significant damage. 

You will get no disagreement with me on that.

I have no idea whether Phin's problems with the EPA are truly related to people he knows losing money on Bitcoinica, but if they are it's a classic example of someone suffering real life harm because of people jumping to conclusions and "punishing" the wrong person for their loss.  If Phin is having trouble "clearing his name" in a town where he's well known, what makes you think it's easy for random people on the internet to prove a negative?

The truth is that people don't verify information before jumping in with both feet.  That's true when they get involved in these investments and it's also true when they're seeking retribution.  And it doesn't apply simply to Bitcoin.  Look how many times people have been targeted because some kind of "shame and blame" site wrongly identified them as a paedophile.  People act first and think later far more often than is reasonable and they frequently do so on the basis of information given to them by others.

Nobody is saying that the credibility of those hawking their wares here shouldn't be investigated, but no-one's going to pay much attention to any such investigations if the majority of information published is inaccurate or irrelevant.  Three Olives' doxing of Bruce is a case in point.  He waited until he had overwhelming evidence to back up his claims before risking the wrath of Lowtax by posting what he'd found.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 06:17:39 AM

If anything I'd say that the Bitcoin community does to little looking around when it comes to people who are 'movers and shakers' in the Bitcoin world and thus able to do significant damage. 

I have no idea whether Phin's problems with the EPA are truly related to people he knows losing money on Bitcoinica, but if they are it's a classic example of someone suffering real life harm because of people jumping to conclusions and "punishing" the wrong person for their loss.  If Phin is having trouble "clearing his name" in a town where he's well known, what makes you think it's easy for random people on the internet to prove a negative?

The truth is that people don't verify information before jumping in with both feet.  That's true when they get involved in these investments and it's also true when they're seeking retribution.  And it doesn't apply simply to Bitcoin.  Look how many times people have been targeted because some kind of "shame and blame" site wrongly identified them as a paedophile.  People act first and think later far more often than is reasonable and they frequently do so on the basis of information given to them by others.

Nobody is saying that the credibility of those hawking their wares here shouldn't be investigated, but no-one's going to pay much attention to any such investigations if the majority of information published is inaccurate or irrelevant.  Three Olives' doxing of Bruce is a case in point.  He waited until he had overwhelming evidence to back up his claims before risking the wrath of Lowtax by posting what he'd found.

As has been constantly posted the guy behind MPEX is also hosting child porn. And people will wonder why some major news outlet does a hit piece about it and bitcoin gets tarred as something used by pedophiles.

People need to use their heads and call out such things because it has definite potential to injure anyone using bitcoin. What will happen when they do this hit piece and youre known as "the bitcoin guy" and you have to try to explain to people who have just read a story about "bitcoin harboring pedophiles".

Being associated with bitconica is nothing when you think about it in this context. Im surprised people arent more outraged at this situation and cant see whats coming.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 02:23:45 PM

As has been constantly posted the guy behind MPEX is also hosting child porn. And people will wonder why some major news outlet does a hit piece about it and bitcoin gets tarred as something used by pedophiles.

People need to use their heads and call out such things because it has definite potential to injure anyone using bitcoin. What will happen when they do this hit piece and youre known as "the bitcoin guy" and you have to try to explain to people who have just read a story about "bitcoin harboring pedophiles".

Being associated with bitconica is nothing when you think about it in this context. Im surprised people arent more outraged at this situation and cant see whats coming.

+1 & Noted & Valid & wanted to increase my post count. Seriously, very good points.

~Bruno~
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:10:13 PM

Well considered and well communicated points and concerns.  Thanks both for that.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 02:41:33 PM

I am closing this thread. I explain why at the top of the OP. I am also going to PM Josh and provide him with my full real last name.

Peace, all.

~Bruno K~
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: