Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:42:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer U3 not detected  (Read 1511 times)
InteraSys (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:32:23 PM

Hello friends!  Smiley

I'm a bit of a newbie to the mining world and having lots of headaches mining on a brand-new Windows 7 installation in VMware Fusion.
(also tried two other VM's I had set up before, no dice)

I just moved to a new place and my U3 is really misbehaving. I really wish Bitmain made the setup a whole lot more robust and reliable.

The error is: No device detected when using the latest cgminer provided by Bitmain.
It has power, the fan runs and the USB light activates on plug-in.

Plugging in USB brings up the prompt to connect to Windows/Mac, so the hardware is showing up...

I follow the instructions -
Install SiLabs Driver
Replace with Zadig
Set cgminer bmsc options and boom! All set! (in theory)

I tried BFGminer and no luck with that either.

There is some disconnect between the Antminer and I cannot figure out what it is.
Any tips?
Thanks!
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InteraSys (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:46:59 PM

Bump,

Any advice?

I really need help as Bitmain has yet to provide any useful troubleshooting advice.
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:07:20 PM

Try unplugging the USB cable and reconnecting it, worked for me
InteraSys (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:13:25 AM

It was running fine for a year, my mining VM (Windows 7x64) I forgot to back it up and ran into some corruption and I won't be able to recover that VM for another month. 

I have set up four brand-new VM's (Windows 7, Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Windows 10) Multiple instances of each/restoring from snapshots so lots of time has been involved.

It didn't work on any of them, same issue with a physical PC borrowed from a friend.

The problem was that the Zadig driver install would fail about half the time... when the Zadig installer does actually complete, it removes the CP2012 COM port.

Which breaks everything and why I am having so much trouble.

Before I run Zadig, the SiLabs driver works properly and cgminer complains that the driver isn't right for the AMU and I should run zadig to install the correct driver. 

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:21:34 AM

did you tryed stmicroelectronics , they work with gridseed which utilize sha256, and works great with cgminer, i find them better than zadig, which give me always a problem of some sort

but if the device worked well and then suddenly start doing random problems, then it could be the device itself, remember that those chiense thing are not meant to run forever, especially if overclocked
InteraSys (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:07:01 PM

Amph,

Can you explain/link what you mean by stmicroelectronics?

I am tempted to switch to a gridseed... can you provide a setup guide I could look at?

Never overclocked my Antminer, maybe it has failed, I have a case open with Bitmain, so they should be taking it for repair/replacement soon.
notabeliever

Activity: 722
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:12:58 PM

what type of tests to do a U3 is  dead.
Redlight on when usb connected.
Fan not moving when power supply connected plus no more lights on board
InteraSys (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:10:00 PM

I should note, this is the V2 model (wire-cage)

Red light shows when USB connected (it has always done this)

Fan is running fine (stays at a constant speed)

All I did was move from one house to another, the miner was put in a box, I pulled it out of the box and now... nothing.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:48:00 AM

Amph,

Can you explain/link what you mean by stmicroelectronics?

I am tempted to switch to a gridseed... can you provide a setup guide I could look at?

Never overclocked my Antminer, maybe it has failed, I have a case open with Bitmain, so they should be taking it for repair/replacement soon.

they are drivers to let your pc recognize usb of your asic http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938

gridseed are not profitable anymore, it's not advisable to mine with those

i still think that your device is not working because it's damaged or something, or like i've said it could be a device that worked for so long and now it's dead
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: