Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270074 times)
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:07:01 PM

Btc will go back to 200$ I can bet it. That's why i sold it. Even fiat money changes but btc? It has nothing material, the price depends ONLY of the market Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:26:29 PM

Btc will go back to 200$ I can bet it. That's why i sold it. Even fiat money changes but btc? It has nothing material, the price depends ONLY of the market Wink
and fiat depends on what, The cosmos? Currently every stock including paper money is crashing hard, except bitcoin. People get that bitcoin is a pretty good store of value.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
flagpara

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:37:08 PM

and fiat depends on what, The cosmos? Currently every stock including paper money is crashing hard, except bitcoin. People get that bitcoin is a pretty good store of value.

Ahah yeah a bit of cosmos ^^
Fiat depends strongly on the perception of the value of countries by the market. Difference being all fiat money can't go down, it's only the value of $ compared to € that can go down (or any other pair, but a fiat money has value ony compared to another).

When you say "crashing hard" you're talking a 0.2 decrease. Which is a lot compared to the 20th stability, but nothing compared to the incredible volatility of btc.
Btc can do from 250 to 500 in one day. NO FIAT MONEY has EVER changed that much in such a short period of time. Why? Only because a fiat money has a whole country behind it Wink

So no, not the cosmos, but the value of a country and its people and its production. What has btc? The power of the computers mining? :/
Meh, not so valuable no?

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:43:22 PM

Btc can do from 250 to 500 in one day. NO FIAT MONEY has EVER changed that much in such a short period of time. Why? Only because a fiat money has a whole country behind it Wink

There's one subject called History you should study it: before the WWII the Deutsch Mark reached crazy values

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic

So, man, sorry but you're wrong.
flagpara

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:47:55 PM

There's one subject called History you should study it: before the WWII the Deutsch Mark reached crazy values

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic

So, man, sorry but you're wrong.

Dude... seriously?

Ok sry i gonna correct myself...

There is NO FIAT MONEY that goes from simple to double without a fucking crazy event like a crazy enc of WWI  Roll Eyes

And it was not in one day Wink

USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:00:33 PM

Fiat depends strongly on the perception of the value of countries by the market. Difference being all fiat money can't go down, it's only the value of $ compared to € that can go down (or any other pair, but a fiat money has value ony compared to another).

When you say "crashing hard" you're talking a 0.2 decrease. Which is a lot compared to the 20th stability, but nothing compared to the incredible volatility of btc.

So no, not the cosmos, but the value of a country and its people and its production. What has btc? The power of the computers mining? :/
Meh, not so valuable no?
It's your choice man, but I bet you'll regret your decision next year. Bitcoin is extremely volatile just because it wants to be more than it currently is. If you look at any money that any country has issued, you'd see it being pretty volatile, just because people get the feeling of how scarce it actually is.

And the only thing backing any fiat currency is the debt, that's behind it. the idea that a government is backing the money is just an illusion that far too many people have fallen for.

I actually bet that you just needed the money badly and now you are trying to excuse yourself out of it.

````````````````████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
                   Get free eth
Bitfirm

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:08:03 PM

you should be crazy to sell your BTC now
mainstream adoption time.
flagpara

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:12:18 PM

Meh, not so valuable no?
It's your choice man, but I bet you'll regret your decision next year. Bitcoin is extremely volatile just because it wants to be more than it currently is. If you look at any money that any country has issued, you'd see it being pretty volatile, just because people get the feeling of how scarce it actually is.

And the only thing backing any fiat currency is the debt, that's behind it. the idea that a government is backing the money is just an illusion that far too many people have fallen for.

I actually bet that you just needed the money badly and now you are trying to excuse yourself out of it.

Yeah of course it's everyone choice. There is a bit of lottery in that.
I didn't need the money, I'm just used to buying btc when it's at 300 to sell it when it's at 400 and pretty happy with that. Just waiting for it to go down again, and maybe I made a mistake yeah but I didn't do one the 5 last times ^^

And fiat money is not backed by the government (I never said that) neither by the debt. It's backed by the people, what they produce, what they consume. It's backed by the fact that companies invest and use the money.

Maybe we'll go from fiat to btc. But actually I don't see a huge difference, btc is just the digital version of fiat. It's cool and much better, that's why I always have a few btc backed in a safe vault. But it's just money in the end, its value depends only of what it's used for Wink

In what way is btc less scarce than fiat seriously man? Are you telling me Euro is less safe than BTC? I don't understand why then, I'll gladly read your explanations, maybe I misunderstood something important then ^^

USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:19:42 PM

Meh, not so valuable no?

I didn't need the money, I'm just used to buying btc when it's at 300 to sell it when it's at 400 and pretty happy with that. Just waiting for it to go down again, and maybe I made a mistake yeah but I didn't do one the 5 last times ^^

And fiat money is not backed by the government (I never said that) neither by the debt. It's backed by the people, what they produce, what they consume. It's backed by the fact that companies invest and use the money.

Maybe we'll go from fiat to btc. But actually I don't see a huge difference, btc is just the digital version of fiat. It's cool and much better, that's why I always have a few btc backed in a safe vault. But it's just money in the end, its value depends only of what it's used for Wink

In what way is btc less scarce than fiat seriously man? Are you telling me Euro is less safe than BTC? I don't understand why then, I'll gladly read your explanations, maybe I misunderstood something important then ^^
scarce : very small in amount or number / not plentiful

The first few years of any currency, people are testing the limits to how many units of currency there are out there. However if you didn't need the money, why did you sell? Look at bitcoinwisdoms one day chart and tell how is it supposed to go down with all of this pressure trying to push it up?

````````````````████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
                   Get free eth
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:33:38 PM

It really all comes down to personal opinion. With these kinds of things, you can never predict what is going to happen. I spend what I want to, but at the same time I am conservative with my money.

you should simply spend bitcoin like they were money, and forget about the p&d, what it matter is the average increase, not the swing that you see every day

from 0 we are at 400, and surely at 300 stable

Spending bitcoins like normal money is obviously not a good idea and it just does not work, why do you think major bussines do not use bitcoin? One day you may buy bread with 0.001 bitcoins and the next day 0.01 and the next day 0.10, how is that good?

and why it should matter? as long as you payed the equivalent in fiat there will be no issue at all

also does not forget that one day will mean better stability also, not great swing like today

Didn't you read what I said? You may have paid the equivalent in fiat AT THE TIME but later that amount could become double. Take a look at laszlo, the guy who bought a pizza for 10k bitcoins, yea at the time it was the equivalent to 40$ or so but after a few years it was 12 millions, you see why it's not good?
flagpara

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:18:49 PM

Meh, not so valuable no?

scarce : very small in amount or number / not plentiful

The first few years of any currency, people are testing the limits to how many units of currency there are out there. However if you didn't need the money, why did you sell? Look at bitcoinwisdoms one day chart and tell how is it supposed to go down with all of this pressure trying to push it up?

Because the same pressure will push it down once people actually understand you can't buy a thing with btc...

It's always the same, price goes up then down. Of course most of the time it doesn't go lower than before, but it still happends. Few months ago who would have said btc would go to 200?
The only way I'm wrong is if we reached mainstream day. Then btc will reach its true value, and then maybe I'll be sad to have sold it.

But I don't think this day has come yet that's why I sold ^^

blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:47:21 AM

bitcoin prices are now rising, I would say crazy to you if you sell now, because in the year 2016 bitcoin prices would definitely go up, so just wait
flagpara

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:22:39 AM

There is NO FIAT MONEY that goes from simple to double without a fucking crazy event like a crazy enc of WWI  Roll Eyes

There are plenty of currencies that have halved in value in a very short period of time. The Brazilian Real is currently halving in value every 7 months.

There was no crazy event to cause the Zimbabwe dollar to crash, just bad monetary policy. It took a few years.

Again, I perfectly agree. The difference being that it took, as you said, "a few years" or at least "a few months". Bitcoin changes in only a few days, so I find it hard to get convinced that "no this time is the good one, it gonna be stable".

I don't even know how many times I saw that btc is going up and is going to stay up ^^

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that as everyone is screaming "this is it this is the time" everytime btc gains 100$, I find it hard to believe that this time is the one.

flagpara

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:28:51 AM

bitcoin prices are now rising, I would say crazy to you if you sell now, because in the year 2016 bitcoin prices would definitely go up, so just wait

Well if you say so. Hundreds of people say that every months, they will be right a day or another ^^
Maybe it will be this year.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 08:36:48 AM

There are plenty of currencies that have halved in value in a very short period of time. The Brazilian Real is currently halving in value every 7 months.

There was no crazy event to cause the Zimbabwe dollar to crash, just bad monetary policy. It took a few years.

Again, I perfectly agree. The difference being that it took, as you said, "a few years" or at least "a few months". Bitcoin changes in only a few days, so I find it hard to get convinced that "no this time is the good one, it gonna be stable".

I don't even know how many times I saw that btc is going up and is going to stay up ^^

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that as everyone is screaming "this is it this is the time" everytime btc gains 100$, I find it hard to believe that this time is the one.

Well if you look at the overall picture, then Bitcoin has only seen a steady increase in value over time, accompanied with a few bubbles, the largest one being the 2013 one, when prices went over $1000.
So in that regard, this is indeed the time, and I think it will last for a while.

flagpara

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:40:50 AM

Well if you look at the overall picture, then Bitcoin has only seen a steady increase in value over time, accompanied with a few bubbles, the largest one being the 2013 one, when prices went over $1000.
So in that regard, this is indeed the time, and I think it will last for a while.

That may be right. And I understand the fact that you hold your btc. What I don't understand is all those people with a clueless belief that btc will only rise and nothing can happen as it's just the true graal of economy whereas the fiat money is just shit.

And even if btc is on the rise, I think there is more money to do by buying/selling it at each bubble than just holding the btc ^^

USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:50:38 AM

That may be right. And I understand the fact that you hold your btc. What I don't understand is all those people with a clueless belief that btc will only rise and nothing can happen as it's just the true graal of economy whereas the fiat money is just shit.

And even if btc is on the rise, I think there is more money to do by buying/selling it at each bubble than just holding the btc ^^
I know the risk of it being worthless tomorrow due to a network failure or something alike, nonetheless I've invested all of my money into it. If you understand how it works, you realize that if this network had a critical bug, we've most likely already discovered it already. There are no shortage of people trying to break bitcoin. I'm holding just because I'm the worst trader you'll ever meet.

````````````````████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
                   Get free eth
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:53:40 AM

What is there to understand man? Live and let live!  Wink
If you think you're good enough to take advantages from price movement do it, no one is gonna stop you. Maybe some have bitcoin for another reason which you don't see now. Personally, together with gold, it's a perfect store of value in difficult times. That's why I don't do trading.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:06:40 AM

I like to spend my Bitcoin and buy it as well. But the fact is, somethings you can't buy with Bitcoin, so you need fiat. That is why I sell my coins sometimes.
flagpara

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:22:40 AM

I know the risk of it being worthless tomorrow due to a network failure or something alike, nonetheless I've invested all of my money into it. If you understand how it works, you realize that if this network had a critical bug, we've most likely already discovered it already. There are no shortage of people trying to break bitcoin. I'm holding just because I'm the worst trader you'll ever meet.

Then it's a perfectly reasonable argument =)
I just find it hard to hold totally your btc as I'm paid in fiat, so every $ I transform into btc is a bit of a waste of money (with fees and all).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: