Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270074 times)
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:38:50 AM

Wish I had that perspective back when I had above 10 BTC. Oh well what can you do. I believe in the longterm value of s. It will continue to be strong for the reasons listed. I simply don't trust in fiat currencies enough.
All people have wish to sell their  but they have wish to sell only when the rate of  is high more and more from the present rate that why people are holding  now.
Exactly and those who are not getting into it right now will regret it in the future because it is boming and not only bitcoin alone and the crypto along with it will boom in the future. I could see the coins rise quite much in value in the next weeks - will it reach the 1,00,000-mark in 2018 is too early to say, but indeed a possibility. It seems Bitcoins are getting a bigger audience, which means the demand on the coins increases. Simple demand/supply theory says the price will rise - so keep your coins close to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:00:12 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

because bitcoin is the first digital currency that is very expensive and in everyone's interest, bitcoin demand is very high while getting bitcoin is very difficult, this could be the trigger of bitcoin price increase so I will save as much bitcoin as I can.
princessfalcon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:24:41 PM

Have theirpositves dfinitely.e i
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:33:01 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
actually bitcoin had reached $18,000 and i hope you keep your words
 towards this speculation.but for me i will hold still my bitcoin.i still believe that
it will reach 50k buy 2018 and i will be reacher by 300% when than happens
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:19:45 PM

Today BTC is just a bubble because is not being used as a currency.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:22:56 PM

Today BTC is just a bubble because is not being used as a currency.

Somewhat true, since people don't even want to spend it there is no point in the price being that high. Also, since there is really no way to determine the true value of bitcoins due to the fact that it is purely driven by supply and demand. We can't really put a true price on it unlike the USD where we can just analyze the country it represents. Fiat is indeed easier to evaluate compared to cryptocurrencies. Although, bitcoins will always be king in the cryptocurrency world but generally if everybody just started using it and/or selling it then likely volatility will remain and I am not sure what effect will it do to the price.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:40:31 PM

Selling off your Bitcoins is a relative decision. Those who HODL their Bitcoins for this period; this year would have really earned the dividends in multiple folds. A good picture into the prospect of Bitcoin would have really paid off in taking the decision to HODL it. Another reason to want to sell off might be due to urgent needs to convert to fiat for spending. Good if part is also used in investment too; not putting all your eggs in one basket and also knowing the volatility behavior of Bitcoin.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:47:25 PM

because bitcoin is the first digital currency that is very expensive and in everyone's interest, bitcoin demand is very high while getting bitcoin is very difficult, this could be the trigger of bitcoin price increase so I will save as much bitcoin as I can.
You are going well with this strategy but don’t you think there will a time you would think, okay dude now I should sell bitcoins as they are giving me much profit. I am against this plan that No, I will not sell bitcoin at any cost, any moment. Why you bought it then? For saving only? No, I think you must trade with bitcoin so that your income can be double in short time.
dontcare

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:09:24 AM
Merited by trepper (1)

Wish I had that perspective back when I had above 10 BTC. Oh well what can you do. I believe in the longterm value of Bitcoins. It will continue to be strong for the reasons listed. I simply don't trust in fiat currencies enough.
No there is no one who have think that he will never sell their bitcoin but yes there are maximum user of bitcoin who are holding bitcoin for a time when the rate of bitcoin is increased then he sale their bitcoin.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:28:10 AM

At some point we will have to sell that is just the way it is, bitcoin is going to be adopted and while it may be possible to use it everywhere not everyone is going to accept bitcoin immediately especially for big purchases, besides how are we going to benefit if we never sell.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:14:44 PM

You can't say we use bitcoin for short term. Bitcoin is like a long term investment and in return it gives you some benefits. More you hold your coin more you earn the profit that's the reason why people use and hold  bitcoin for long term. Many people bought the Bitcoin in 2009 a year when the bitcoin was just launched and now the're billionaire.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:26:00 PM

Never selling bitcoins doesn't make any sense as if you never sell you will never make profits and holding is good but make sure that you sell at s right time when it's giving you good profits as if price will fall in future the your holding would go in vain so better choice is to sell it off when it's giving you good profits.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:32:15 PM

Because bitcoin has not reached its peak value yet. If those speculations made by experts and some other billionaires that it will reach to a million dollar worth for the coming years, then you can never be a millionaire if you sell your 1 bitcoin today.

cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:54:17 PM

Because i believe btc can give me a better life in the future holding btc can earn more. I can use it also in trading like buying znd selling alts.
Maslate

Activity: 2982
Merit: 676

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:25:27 AM

Because i believe btc can give me a better life in the future holding btc can earn more. I can use it also in trading like buying znd selling alts.
That should be our mentality, bitcoin is a good investment because of its increasing popularity, if we buy now and more people
will use in the future then we can already ensure a great profit and our future will be secured.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
tuanvie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:34:11 AM

It seems like it's the best investment these days. Everyday more and more people learns about btc and wants to invest so i just think there are many factors to help it's rising. I'm not selling  Grin

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:19:37 AM

It seems like it's the best investment these days. Everyday more and more people learns about btc and wants to invest so i just think there are many factors to help it's rising. I'm not selling  Grin
There is always a right time to sell, for now, since we see that the price of bitcoin continue to rise then I guess we should
always believe and wait for the right time to sell, it's good to be optimistic because bitcoin is so powerful that anytime the value will pump.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:26:41 PM

You can't say we use bitcoin for short term. Bitcoin is like a long term investment and in return it gives you some benefits. More you hold your coin more you earn the profit that's the reason why people use and hold  bitcoin for long term. Many people bought the Bitcoin in 2009 a year when the bitcoin was just launched and now the're billionaire.

Indeed, Bitcoin is an investment for long term. The profits in short time just make you forget the profits in long term of Bitcoin. Forget your Bitcoin amount and make more money to have funds buy Bitcoin. This is my choice to invest in this currency.
GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 06:30:36 AM

I understand what you said. And that's also my thoughts. Many of us want to sell bitcoins because they earn some money. That means that they do not believe that bitcoins will be the money we can use in all transactions to purchase in stores, in malls, in our wages at companies we work. And another one I'm looking at is that they are afraid that the value of their bitcoins has fallen. So they sell bitcoins so they can save the amount of money they earn on the rise of bitcoins.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bitcoin1216

Activity: 364

Pawsome

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:11:01 AM

Because bitcoin prices from day to day continue to rise, this makes me not interested to sell bitcoin, and this has been proven because the current price has reached $ 19,200 and I'm sure the price will reach $ 25,000 before Christmas.

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: