Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:10:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinTrading.com's LOTTOMINING.CA [Back in the saddle! Thanks Nef!]  (Read 1813 times)
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 03:14:27 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 09:53:49 AM by mc_lovin

Very pleased to announce LOTTOMINING!  

IPO is October 1st, 2012 on GLBSE.
IPO actually happened October 3rd, 2012.
GLBSE closes October 4th, 2012.
GLBSE pays us our IPO money October 14th, 2012.
LottoMining orders 120GH/s (2x SC Singles) same day funds received.

Check us out @ LOTTOMINING.CA

Code:
BitcoinTrading.com's 6/49 Lottery Mining Company 

The goal of this company will be to perpetually keep purchasing lottery
tickets in the Western Canada 6/49 Lottery with the profits from shares
held in dividend-paying Bitcoin companies and Bitcoin mining hardware.

Essentially we pick 6 numbers out of a possible 49, choosing the numbers
from the most recent Bitcoin block hash to ticket purchasing time. There
are two draws a week, Wednesday and Sunday. It costs $2 per draw per 6
numbers.

The maximum number of draws for one ticket is 25 draws (~3 months), so we
can pay for 25 draws in advance on one ticket. That’s about 3 months, and
would cost $50.

We will aim to buy a maximum of one 25-draw ticket per week, so that on the
25th week when the 1st ticket is on its last draw, we already have 24 other
sets of numbers in the draw and we keep perpetually getting more sets of
numbers in the drawings. If we do not have enough shares sold to warrant
this, we will wait until more shares are sold, or purchase 25-draw tickets
once a month until we have enough funds to buy more frequently. If a lot
of shares are sold, we will purchase multiple 25-draw tickets each week.

100% of the funds received from shares sold will be put into a combination
of dividend-paying shares and mining hardware.

The payouts will be as follows:
70% of winnings paid directly to shareholders
25% of winnings put towards growth fund (more dividend-paying shares and
mining hardware)
5% of winnings kept by operator

Profits from shares and mining will be invested in the following ways:
80% paid into lottery pool
20% paid into growth fund (more dividend-paying shares and mining hardware)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:35:09 AM

How many shares are you going to issue or is it going to increase as the shares are sold out?
What price are you going to issue shares at?

very interesting idea, I can't wait till you hit a number and someone buys all the outstanding shares for sale.  Grin

But I think its a good idea.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 09:44:38 AM

Lotteries and bitcoin mining... Sonny, is that you?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 06:12:57 PM

How many shares are you going to issue or is it going to increase as the shares are sold out?
What price are you going to issue shares at?

very interesting idea, I can't wait till you hit a number and someone buys all the outstanding shares for sale.  Grin

But I think its a good idea.

There is going to be 3500 shares @ 0.25 BTC, so roughly 825 BTC total.  We may release additional shares in the future but right now the low availability of shares is going to be attractive to investors.  If a 40 GH/s rig costs 106 BTC (currently), then we can purhcase eight of them, giving us 320 GH/s, effectively.  Now, investing heavily in GLBSE assets would help us "not put all our eggs in 1 basket", but I think putting a heavier emphasis on hardware is a good idea, since no asset on GLBSE comes close to BFL spec.  The recent photos they uploaded look very tasty and I think it's a safe bet at this point.  If you had 320 GH/s right now, without competition, you would get 101 BTC/day, or 707 BTC/week, that's roughly $8,600 clear every week.  If the difficulty gets twice has hard, five times as hard, even ten times as hard, we are still clearing FAR more than the $50 per week we need to spend to continue purchasing 25-draw tickets.  It will basically reach a point where we get lottery tickets for life, because the higher the BTC value goes, the less each ticket costs because we purchase them in CAD$.  We will increase the frequency of ticket purchases, but for the first few weeks we will purchase 1 ($50 twenty-five draw) ticket per week, and then increase that judging on how the outlook is.  If outlook starts looking dismal (difficulty gets 1000 times harder), then we will purchase tickets less frequently, so that we are only spending the dividends and profits, the capital remains the same.  That is why we will most likely not need to issue additional shares, since this formula is already set to give us infinite tickets, however by releasing twice as many shares, our profits will be that much higher, and we will get that many more tickets.  It's not out of the question, but we'll start with the 3500 shares and go from there.  Since non-shareholders will be able to see the calendar of numbers, they will pretty much have a sneak peek of if there are winnings, I could only imagine how high our stock will spike if there is any major winnings.  Since a percentage of profits goes back into growth, this company will continue to grow in size as it is.

I'm going to either integrate automatic 6/49 winning number fetching into the site, or hire someone to integrate that for us.  So that each week, we get more and more sets of numbers in each draw, it will be hard to keep track of, but if we have a calendar view that shows us what numbers we have in each draw, how many sets of numbers in each draw, and the winning lottery numbers twice a week, with automatic display of if the ticket is a winner (since it is an easy calculation of "how many correct out of 6", it should be a simple PHP script.  It will then grab the most current block and take the first 6 useful numbers from the hash at a determined time (every.. friday/saturday?) and tell me which numbers to use.  We can even play by subscription so the numbers we play will automatically be entered, but if that service is slow/unreliable, it might be better to get the tickets the manual way (faxing is fast though..). 

I thought the same thing when I read the allegations.  I was like "OMG I'm starting a lottery mining company by investing in a mining company founded by a person who scammed people out of the lottery?Huh"  I am still in shock about the situation, and I sincerely hope that BFL turns out the real products.  I'm going to assume they are indeed legitimate, our company will be a small piece of the pie compared to other investors in BFL.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:31:33 PM

You will want to setup a way to provide some proof that tickets were indeed purchased, especially since SEC is actively reading the forums right now.
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:49:22 AM

You will want to setup a way to provide some proof that tickets were indeed purchased, especially since SEC is actively reading the forums right now.
Ticket scans will be available!
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 10:57:25 AM

I lol'd. But seriously, state lotteries have negative expected return. How is this an investment?

PS. Nefario, this is the sort of thing GLBSE accepts now?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 12:51:14 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2012, 01:16:15 PM by PsychoticBoy

So, if I understand this correctly, shareholders do not own the mining hardware so essentialy we are just buying lottery tickets with the mining revenue, which decreases each difficulty change thus buying less tickets each week  Shocked
So in the end its better for the people who likes to gamble to buy their own tickets (at canada or any other lottery) and not through mining dividend.

PS:
THE CHANCE OF WINNING A LOTTERY IS 0%, SO DIVIDEND RETURNS ON THIS ASSET WILL ALSO BE 0%

Strange kind of business  Sad

Greetz
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:22:03 PM

If this joke gets listed on GLBSE or in any other BTC or LTC exchange, the owners of those exchanges MUST! jump off the cliff and remove themselves permanently from the gene pool. I honestly hope they have not procreated yet.

I think this "market" is ready to buy my indulgences - virtual cost 1 BTC a pop, PM for details.   Tongue
If you like the ceramic ones, please let me know -  those are 7 BTC + S&H PM for details. Tongue

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 08:35:50 PM

So, if I understand this correctly, shareholders do not own the mining hardware so essentialy we are just buying lottery tickets with the mining revenue, which decreases each difficulty change thus buying less tickets each week  Shocked
So in the end its better for the people who likes to gamble to buy their own tickets (at canada or any other lottery) and not through mining dividend.

PS:
THE CHANCE OF WINNING A LOTTERY IS 0%, SO DIVIDEND RETURNS ON THIS ASSET WILL ALSO BE 0%

Strange kind of business  Sad

Greetz

The contract I sent to Nefario must have been too long-winded to include on the IPO posting, and the detail about what share ownership included must have been omitted.  See this link for the official contract:

http://www.bitcointrading.com/forum/glbse-investment-companies/(glbse)-bitcointrading-com's-canadian-lottery-mining-company/

So that having been said, yes the shareholders indeed have ownership over the hardware and other assets owned by the company.

- We are buying lottery tickets with mining revenue, you are correct about that.  However, you say the chance of winning the lottery is 0%, which it is not.  Winning all 6 numbers correct would be nice, but what if we get 3 or 4 numbers correct?  If there are $500 and $1000 winnings, even the $5 winnings here and there would give dividends, and regular lower-winnings are almost ensured.

- You don't understand how we will be spending the money I think.  So imagine, now that BFL has announced even higher numbers, we will expect higher returns on each unit. 

So let's say we order our units, they eventually arrive, and each BFL Single does 60 GH/s.  We order, say, 6 of them (360 GH/s), so at the current difficulty we will make 114 BTC PER DAY.  That's 798 BTC PER WEEK.  At the current price, $9,895 per week and we only bought 6 units, leaving the other money to invest elsewhere, other GLBSE tickers. 

So we make $10k a week.  Difficulty will clearly get higher, so week 4 make we're only making $8000 a week, week 8 maybe we're only getting $6000 a week, and the number will continue to get smaller.  But we only need to spend $50 per week to survive indefinitely.  Each week when we buy a ticket, it is valid for 3 months, so even just spending $50 per week we have more and more sets of numbers in each draw. 

We will increase our spending from 1 ($50) ticket per week, to two tickets, three, and so on as long as we have enough money to continue for a long time.  If 1 ticket is $50 CAD, at $12.40 per BTC, so 4.03 BTC spent.  If we are sitting on 100 BTC in revenue, that means we are sustainable for 24 weeks.  If the next week we spend 4.03 BTC on ticket #2, but earn another 100 BTC, that means we have (100 - 4.03 + 100 - 4.03) = 191.94 BTC left, and sustainable for 47 weeks now.  See what I mean?  If we make more money than we spend, it means we sustainable for that many more weeks.  Once we are sustainable for >1 year, it is easy to justify spending more each week.  On week 20, who knows, maybe we are buying 10 tickets per week ($500) and still be sustainable for a year.  If all of a sudden our revenue goes way down (difficulty gettiing nutters), then we reduce spending to a level where we are sustainable. 

It's hard to imagine that on 360 GH/s we can be 'not sustainable' to purchase lottery tickets. 

If 1 year from now, bitcoins are worth $20, which is very plausible, now the $50 tickets are costing us 2.5 BTC each.  As BTC rises in value, our costs go down.  Price will not follow difficulty directly, but it's safe to assume bitcoin will increase in value in the next 2-3 years.  If we have enough funds to maintain this lottery, then we will almost get an infinite number of tickets on a small $8000 investment. 

If we took $8000 and spent it ALL on lottery tickets on the first day, we would probably lose.  But since we are investing the money and only spending revenue, I see it as a bulletproof company. 
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 08:38:57 PM

If this joke gets listed on GLBSE or in any other BTC or LTC exchange, the owners of those exchanges MUST! jump off the cliff and remove themselves permanently from the gene pool. I honestly hope they have not procreated yet.

If you think it's a joke, don't invest, just watch and buy shares once the share price has increased.  Since there are only 3500 shares, and I know people who are are ready to invest, there is a good chance they will be sold out.  When they are all sold out, the market will decide the value. 

At least 100 BTC will be invested day one by people I have told about this. 
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:23:05 PM

I honestly thought this was a joke thread too but it is trading on GLBSE. People are buying!

So....assets of suspected ponzis & goats are delisted, but a business model apparently already determined by the SEC to be a scam in the Sonny (of BFL fame) case  is good to go on GLBSE.

Of course people are buying. They're dying for someone new to relieve them of their funds. Good thing nefario is there to protect them.

cncguru

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Mining since difficulty 157,426 !

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:43:20 PM

If you can accomplish all that with only a small investment of $8000 why don't you just do it yourself  Huh

OH....wait   Tongue
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 04:15:59 PM

What is up with GLBSE.com!!!! 

We had 250 BTC worth of shares sold last night, and I was about to order two 60 GH/s miners and now It's offline!  WTF.  This is outrageous.  Less than 1 day since he put the ticker up on GLBSE, the whole site goes down. 

I spent all last night making up lottomining.ca...
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 04:13:35 AM

Saturday is going to be interesting.

This is the last thing I saw before going to bed last night, only to wake up to horrors.  There was also a blizzard this morning, first sign of snow this year and it's a blizzard.  Yep.  Canada for ya.  Today was not a good day.
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 10:45:59 PM

LottoMining moving internal, all shares can be purchased through LottoMining.ca BUT we're not done testing it just yet.  But that's what's going to happen!  Smiley
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 12:26:29 AM

LottoMining moving internal, all shares can be purchased through LottoMining.ca BUT we're not done testing it just yet.  But that's what's going to happen!  Smiley
What's your legal position in doing this?
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 12:33:42 AM

What's your legal position in doing this?

Rephrase that, not sure what you mean.  We are still trying to figure out the best way to list everything legally.  There will be no 'trading' of shares, so it will not be an exchange. 
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 09:54:47 AM

Yes!  We got paid!

We ordered two 60 GH/s SC Singles tonight and so now LOTTOMINING is @ 120GH/s!!

Watch LOTTOMINING.ca for updates!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: