Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ The LuckyBit Derby ★ Provably Fair Win-Place Horse Racing!  (Read 844 times)
stingleword (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Out of crypto entirely and don't miss it

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:03:09 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 07:38:02 PM by stingleword

After much deliberation, testing, development, hand-wringing, and other associated activities, I am quite proud to present to the public...

A LuckyBit Community Production

★ Provably Fair - Powered by MoneyPot ★
★ Innovative new Win-Place simulation algorithm ★
★ A wide variety of ticket types and multi-ticketing system ★
★ Procedurally generated horses, millions of possibilities ★
★ A fixed house edge on every ticket - no bookie fixing ★
★ A quality experience that's great on mobile ★
★ There's even an Easter Egg to find! ★

What are you waiting for? Point your little mouse clicker at http://luckyb.it/derby/ and see what all the fuss on LuckyBit has been about! Got questions? Well post them here and I'm happy to answer. This is a public beta, which means your feedback is very important! Some minor changes may still be made to the game and suggestions will be considered for inclusion, so please let me know what you think!

Answers

Is this horse races?
Yes.

How exactly does it work?
In a nutshell, I've come up with an algorithm to simulate the Win and Place results of a horse race from a cryptographically secure random source. The algorithm is fully explained in the on-site help page. The short explanation is, each horse gets a relative rating, and the odds of each pairing of Win and Place gets a relative probability based on the ratings of those horses.

Crypto is dead, its community is a series of bad jokes.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:25:35 AM

I can't see it without login
is this horse races?
how does exactly work?
stingleword (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:50:45 AM

I can't see it without login
is this horse races?
how does exactly work?

Yes, this is horse races! I've addressed your second question in the OP.

joksim299
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014

Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:54:24 AM

Played one test race and animation is very good.

stingleword (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:37:45 PM

A couple day-one updates:

★ Responsive design fixes; the site is more fluid across all platforms
★ Horse odds are now displayed as odds as well as percentages
★ Help tab added to make the game information easier to find

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:50:14 PM

So from what I could see it is basically a virtual horse race. And I guess every horse is 'generated' randomly at the start of the race.
It is little different that real horse racing, because in real life you can see history of each horse and predict some favorites, here it is impossible...
acharias

Activity: 209
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:00:18 PM

So from what I could see it is basically a virtual horse race. And I guess every horse is 'generated' randomly at the start of the race.
It is little different that real horse racing, because in real life you can see history of each horse and predict some favorites, here it is impossible...

You can predict a favorite by looking at the win odds. Keep in mind that this is only a starting version. I'm sure LuckyBit will come up with great things to improve this game.
stingleword (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:13:14 PM

Keep in mind that this is only a starting version. I'm sure LuckyBit will come up with great things to improve this game.

You nailed it. If you have an idea, I'm open to suggestions; this is why it's called a "Community Project".

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:02:30 PM

I just played this game it doesn't require extra permission for login if we already enabled micro there, animations are cool and nice, multi ticket system and variety of bet option is plus point for this virtual horse racing game, good luck luckybit team.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:06:02 PM

You nailed it. If you have an idea, I'm open to suggestions; this is why it's called a "Community Project".

My suggestion is to put bigger button to click at the luckybit micro and a notice at luckybitmicro that there is a new game. I accidentally click a button in luckybitmicro that lead me to this game. Another suggestion is to make the graphic bigger, the game is taking only 2/3 of my screen and I think you can make the horse track bigger or oval shape like a real horse track
stingleword (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:38:27 PM

My suggestion is to put bigger button to click at the luckybit micro and a notice at luckybitmicro that there is a new game. I accidentally click a button in luckybitmicro that lead me to this game. Another suggestion is to make the graphic bigger, the game is taking only 2/3 of my screen and I think you can make the horse track bigger or oval shape like a real horse track

Excellent suggestions! A few updates have been put in place:

★ The notice on LuckyBit Micro is more noticeable now
★ Odds show the correct number (they were off by one)
★ The "Fair" tab is automatically displayed when the race begins
★ Wager adjust buttons for easy play on a touch-screen device
★ Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the first race's hash to not be displayed
★ Fixed a rounding issue that would bet one satoshi less than what you entered

BKT217

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:13:42 AM

Fooled around with the game,  made a small profit.

It may just be my personal preference here but I didn't like the fact that you could tell the winner of the race at the start of it, the horses never deviated from their starting positions so there was no suspense, you could instantly tell if you won or lost...perhaps that could be changed somehow.  Tongue

Aside from that its a really neat game and I liked all the different betting options, about time MoneyPot apps were something besides dice and "plinko"

cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:00:32 AM

It may just be my personal preference here but I didn't like the fact that you could tell the winner of the race at the start of it, the horses never deviated from their starting positions so there was no suspense, you could instantly tell if you won or lost...perhaps that could be changed somehow.  Tongue

Aside from that its a really neat game and I liked all the different betting options, about time MoneyPot apps were something besides dice and "plinko"

Maybe you were really lucky because my horses have lost pretty often (even though being the favorite). In my last race the favorite horse (30% win chance) came in second to last Sad

Really? I win like 9/10 of my game there betting for the favourite to win. I dont choose win for the horse but choose place to get more chances to win and it is working so far

Excellent suggestions! A few updates have been put in place:

★ The notice on LuckyBit Micro is more noticeable now
★ Odds show the correct number (they were off by one)
★ The "Fair" tab is automatically displayed when the race begins
★ Wager adjust buttons for easy play on a touch-screen device
★ Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the first race's hash to not be displayed
★ Fixed a rounding issue that would bet one satoshi less than what you entered

Hey sting can you add auto end race. After the race is end and I want to purchase a new ticket, I need to click the end race button. I think it is better to make it automatic instead of manual click it again every time race end
nickaizoku

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:22:10 AM

i just tried this, just can buy 1 horse? why cant buy 2 or 3 horse in 1 bet?

stingleword (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:33:23 AM

Sure, this goes along with the "bigger track" suggestion. Thanks!

Hey sting can you add auto end race. After the race is end and I want to purchase a new ticket, I need to click the end race button. I think it is better to make it automatic instead of manual click it again every time race end

It's like that so you have the opportunity to view the Roster after the race is over. Once you click Next Race, the names of those horses are gone from the history and only the numbers remain.

i just tried this, just can buy 1 horse? why cant buy 2 or 3 horse in 1 bet?

Try selecting a ticket type that requires two horses, such as a Box ticket. You can't pick three because my algorithm doesn't simulate the entire race, only the first two results. You can also buy multiple tickets against the same race.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: