Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FIX: Ive created a fix for Titan's that have dies going offline while mining.  (Read 785 times)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:05:24 PM

Hi all, I recently purchased a Titan from a friend.

It had dies dropping every few hours or so, was highly annoying. Had to power cycle the entire miner every time. I suspected there was a way to issue a power cycle to the cube DC/DC's directly. After SSH'n into the pi turns out KNC had scripts that did just that, but they werent ever being utilizied.
They coded one DC/DC monitor script(watchdog script) for die monitoring while mining. The problem is it was only issuing soft resets to the offending dies, it was not attempting to power off the affected cube and power it up again then restart mining.

Ive basically modified the watchdog script to: STOP bfgminer, POWER CYCLE the cube which has dies offline, START bfgminer.
I have confirmed the script mods working 2x now, Ive confirmed the POWER CYCLING via script running manually more than 10x and each time the dies came back.

NOTE: this fix will work for dies that go offline which are fixable by a power cycle. It will not work for otherwise permanently damaged dies.

Ive also modified the webgui to show more stats in status page:

Link to my Git:
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan

You should just be able to SSH into ur pi, download my git in a new dir then copy the contents of that dir to /home/pi (overwriting the dirs/files in that director, which has all the miner binaries & scripts)

Donations BTC: 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At
Donations LTC:  LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: