Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:55:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Locked] PPC block explorer - Please use the new Cryptocoinexplorer thread  (Read 18519 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 04:47:35 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2012, 09:43:12 PM by dreamwatcher

I see myself as still learning lol

Height is really just another way of saying block number. If you notice the block number and height are the same. Height is what clients use to determine which chain is the correct one if multiple chains present themselves. The chain with the greatest height is considered to be the official chain.

Version is just an internal number that nodes use to make sure that they are using the same version of protocol when communicating.

Merkle root is a hash of all the transactions that effect the block.

Time is the time the block came onto the network, not the time solved.

Nonce is a bit tricky to explain. In ordinary cryptography it is a random number used to make sure a communication is used only once, so a party cannot just capture and send a communication back (such as an authorization). This is commonly referred to as a "replay" attack.
In terms of mining, it gives the header a variance so different hashes can be calculated. If the header remained static one would have an awful hard time getting different hashes to hit the difficulty target. Probably not the best explanation, but the link below can shed more light.

Coins-days destroyed - (From the Wikki) Bitcoin days destroyed for any given transaction is calculated by taking the number of Bitcoins in a transaction and multiplying it by the number of days it has been since those coins were last spent.  From there One can see where "Average coin age" comes from.

IF you want more information : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Protocol_specification
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:51:57 AM

Thank you so much for your explanation's  Wink

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 06:58:37 PM

Although not directly related to PPC explorer or my current project, I came across this list that I think a few of the readers here would enjoy:

http://listverse.com/2011/02/17/top-10-truly-bizarre-programming-languages/
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 11:28:52 PM

I was wondering if there would be any interest in adding Terracoin either as another searchable currency on PPCexplore.org engine or as a new site?

The PPC GUI with block explorer is still in the works, as of now it is in a prototype stage.

The beta and final release will be (almost for certain) written in Python and QT. The prototype is written in .net, only because it allows me to put more concentration on the logic development itself rather then the syntax and structure of a newer language to myself. (I can write in .net while sleeping. Python is not exactly "old hat" to me, though I am  thoroughly enjoying exploring it deeper).

I chose Python because of its great ability for cross platform and some really nice BTC tools have been written in Python that I can borrow into my code.

As a side note: I was going through a box the other day, when I came across some old programming assignments from my college days. I must have drove my professors mad  Cheesy  Some of the code is quite "unconventional", but sure got the work done. I loved reading some of the comments in the margins.

I STILL NEED SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT THE USERS WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN TERMS OF FEATURES.

I will be including the ability for the client to directly handle a PPC link in a web page the same way way Bitcoin does now by bringing up a transaction window already filled with Send to address and amount.

I may include some custom code for the "Satoshi Roulette" site to make it more convenient and fun.

Now for a bit of seriousness:

I do not mind volunteering my time and effort to help with the support of PPC.

However, the VPS I use to host PPCEXPLORE.ORG does have a real cost attached to it.

I have thought about advertising, but honestly did not really like what I saw in terms of the types of advertising that would be pertinent to the people using the site.
I do not want the site to turn into a pop-up, advertising box hell.  Some of the things advertised looked downright shady to me.

To date I have not received any donations that I know of. (If you have, please let me know if I missed it)

I am only asking for help with the cost of hosting. Although not incredibly expensive (Yet, as the coin grows, so will the need for a bigger VPS ! ), I have put some serious amount of hours in developing and running the site and sometimes feel double hit when to bill comes for the VPS. (Again, this is not about me getting paid for time and effort. I am more than happy to donate that.)

Anyway, Please post with suggestions on features with a new client. I really want to make this client something special.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 12:24:29 AM

I was wondering if there would be any interest in adding Terracoin either as another searchable currency on PPCexplore.org engine or as a new site?
yes please Smiley ... i'd like to say new site... but just a sub search on site till u get more donations
I STILL NEED SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT THE USERS WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN TERMS OF FEATURES.
I will have to get back to u on this as it is late... but love everything info wise i see so far Smiley

However, the VPS I use to host PPCEXPLORE.ORG does have a real cost attached to it.

I have thought about advertising, but honestly did not really like what I saw in terms of the types of advertising that would be pertinent to the people using the site.
I do not want the site to turn into a pop-up, advertising box hell.  Some of the things advertised looked downright shady to me.

To date I have not received any donations that I know of. (If you have, please let me know if I missed it)
Shame on us all Sad I will send u a donation though I do not have much at the moment... but as i like and use ur site and appreciate ur development and work, when I get more I shall donate more Smiley

Nice to hear ur programming tails and enjoy the python Smiley and keep up the excellent work XD

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 01:04:23 AM

Hi dreamwatcher,

You have done great work and is doing great service to the ppc community. Hope you can keep up the good work!

btw how much are you paying for the VPS and what's the resource requirement for your VPS (ram, bandwidth, storage etc)?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 01:32:54 PM

The PPC GUI with block explorer is still in the works, as of now it is in a prototype stage.

The beta and final release will be (almost for certain) written in Python and QT. The prototype is written in .net, only because it allows me to put more concentration on the logic development itself rather then the syntax and structure of a newer language to myself. (I can write in .net while sleeping. Python is not exactly "old hat" to me, though I am  thoroughly enjoying exploring it deeper).

I chose Python because of its great ability for cross platform and some really nice BTC tools have been written in Python that I can borrow into my code.

As a side note: I was going through a box the other day, when I came across some old programming assignments from my college days. I must have drove my professors mad  Cheesy  Some of the code is quite "unconventional", but sure got the work done. I loved reading some of the comments in the margins.

I will be including the ability for the client to directly handle a PPC link in a web page the same way way Bitcoin does now by bringing up a transaction window already filled with Send to address and amount.

I may include some custom code for the "Satoshi Roulette" site to make it more convenient and fun.

I am only asking for help with the cost of hosting. Although not incredibly expensive (Yet, as the coin grows, so will the need for a bigger VPS ! ), I have put some serious amount of hours in developing and running the site and sometimes feel double hit when to bill comes for the VPS. (Again, this is not about me getting paid for time and effort. I am more than happy to donate that.)

Anyway, Please post with suggestions on features with a new client. I really want to make this client something special.

IT would be great if you could add terracoin support. I was going to try and work on this myself but haven't had a chance yet. I'd be more then willing to do a little donation for that! cheers!

more or less retired.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 09:16:00 PM

WWW.PPCEXPLORE.ORG is moving to a new server:

WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM

PPC Explorer is now available at port 2750 (WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM:2750)

TRC Explorer continues at  port 3750 (WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM:3750) or just WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM until I make a home page to choose which engine to go to.

Web page operators linking to either one will probably want to use the direct port URL. Eventually PPCexplore.org will point to this server, so change your links now if you direct link.

WWW.PPCEXPLORE.ORG will eventually point to the new server and home page to choose between coin search engines.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 09:46:52 PM

WWW.PPCEXPLORE.ORG is moving to a new server:

WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM

PPC Explorer is now available at port 2750 (WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM:2750)

TRC Explorer continues at  port 3750 (WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM:3750) or just WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM until I make a home page to choose which engine to go to.

Web page operators linking to either one will probably want to use the direct port URL. Eventually PPCexplore.org will point to this server, so change your links now if you direct link.

WWW.PPCEXPLORE.ORG will eventually point to the new server and home page to choose between coin search engines.

Nice work dreamwatcher Smiley i have updated the list of sites for PPC here http://ppcointalk.org/index.php?q=node/7 to show your new site

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: