Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:40:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Koolio  (Read 2588 times)
OneMINER (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:11:43 PM

TLDR The Koolio offered a bounty for help in PPC mining. Messages sent to me indicated I won the bounty but it was never awarded. A recent messages from The Koolio includes a threat of BTC theft. This implies that the user could have the ability or desire to steal from others based on his/her mood. In light of this I'm requesting a scammer tag.

Here's a complete record of our interactions. If The Koolio edits his posts please take note of that. Also please note the times that the posts/PMs were made at.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177774#msg1177774
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177843#msg1177843
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1179403#msg1179403
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1182272#msg1182272
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1182291#msg1182291
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1216663#msg1216663

Now for the PMs.

Hi, still need help starting to mine? Difficulty is rising quickly so pool mining may be the way to go.

I like this pool http://ppcpool.us.to/  It's easy to set up and has low stales.

#1 Get cgminer http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/
#2 Download the ppcoin 0.2.0 client http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcoin/files/
#3 Install and run the client. It's located within the daemon folder.
#4 Start a command window (in windows go to start and type in cmd). Then go to where the client is installed on your hard drive. Use the "cd" (without the "") to change directory. Example: cd\ will take you to your C: drive. Then cd program files (x86) will get you into your program files folder.
#5 Go into the daemon folder. Example: program files (x86)\ppcoin\daemon 
#6 Type in ppcoind getinfo and hit enter. If you started the client before it should output some info about your wallet and the blockchain.
#7 Type in ppcoind getnewaddress. This address will be your username at the pool and your payment address.
#8 Run cgminer and enter ppcpool.us.to:9942 for the pool URL, the output of the getnewaddress command is your username and the password can be whatever you want (it's unimportant).
#9 Go to http://ppcpool.us.to/ and look for your username (address) in the front page after a while. You should have submitted shares. If not there's a problem.

Hope this is through and clear. Smiley

PXSA8T4qVCrTneJCgPSDDULwcJGn7ZqDmr

hi there, many thanks for the help. Ive done most of the instructions that come with cgminer however ive got to a big problem. when following the instructions below i get the errors thrown underneath that.... any ideas?

* Build cgminer.exe                                                                  *
**************************************************************************************
Run the MinGW MSYS shell
(Start Icon/keyboard key ==> All Programs ==> MinGW ==> MinGW Shell).
Change the working directory to your CGMiner project folder.
Example: cd cgminer-2.1.2 [Enter Key] if you are unsure then type "ls -la"
Another way is to type "cd cg" and then press the tab key; It will auto fill.
Type the lines below one at a time. Look for problems after each one before going on
to the next.

adl.sh (optional - see below)
      autoreconf -fvi
      CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2" ./configure (additional config options, see below)
      make

*Errors in ming shell*

Kular@NotAsGoodAsAni7 /g/cgminer-2.7.3-x86_64-built/cgminer-2.7.3-x86_64-built
$ adl.sh
sh: adl.sh: command not found

$ autoreconf -fvi
autoreconf-2.68: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required

$ cflags="-02 -msse2" ./configure
sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

I'm not familiar with building cgminer myself. Do you use IRC? Use this link if you don't know about it: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Fill in #cgminer for the channel and that will take you to the official chat.

Not that I know, but it seems like you are missing a step or some files (library or something?). Your errors are of the file not found type, making me think some previous step didn't work properly.

Good luck.

Did you get to mine some coins? If I helped, can I collect the bounty?

Can you please release proof that you paid out to someone so that I don't have to shame you in public?

I'm very sick of people stating that they'll pay out and then just walking away. This seems like what is going on now.

Soooo, I hope you can show me a transaction or make one quickly. I'll give it a couple of days before I air all this out. If possible release the nick of the person who won the bounty for verification.

I apologize if I've made some error.

"Like I said I will be very appreciative, and as a sign of goodwill I will donate my FULL first days earnings on PPcoin to whoever manages to get me mining whether it be pool or solo."

ok calm down, i only managed to get one card mining and no others, dont think my drivers liked mining multiple gpus on ppcoin, so ill send u something tomorrow when i get back

Last chance. Stand by what you said or I'll let people know you went back on your word. This will be easily verified by anyone checking the address I posted and seeing no transactions on it. Here it is so you can take a look if you'd like: PXSA8T4qVCrTneJCgPSDDULwcJGn7ZqDmr
It is in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177843#msg1177843

I've been more than patient about this and have given you every opportunity to make good on your word. This is the final warning, there will not be another one before I drag your name through the dirt. The way I'll do this is by editing my post in the PPC thread to show that you didn't pay and link to a new post I'll make in the scammer section which will contain all the messages both you and I sent. I've saved every one.

As a last gripe your original post about the PPC bounty located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177774#msg1177774  implies that you'll be giving 10-20 5870s running for 24 hrs worth of PPC for the bounty. You reduced that to 1 GPU worth and I never made a peep about it. Now I am. I suggest you take this seriously, I hope you have just been delayed and that I've never had a thing to worry about.

If I am in error in any way, please excuse me.

mate, first of all i dont appreciate you threatening me. I was going to send you some coins even though someone else helped more and actually got me running. Now you can scrap that idea. Ill send them to the other person. What makes u think I give a fuck about u blackmailing me? I really dont give a fuck, I have so many ltc and btc that your words would never change my game and unlike u tits I actually have a life out of the forums so dont count many people at all as friends on here.

In future i suggest you watch your words with regards to threatening others. If i catch one glimpse of you bad mouthing me or something you better watch your back... u might wake up one day and be missing a hell of a lot of coins.

Prick

also what makes you think you can blackmail me when you are a noob user, with 70 posts ur in no position to be bossing anyone around... stop being so desperate... you screwed urself over now as ill make sure everyone in my close circle knows ur shit

Fine with me. 0.2BTC worth of PPC doesn't mean much to me, it seems your rep doesn't mean much to you ether. You said you'd pay, then you didn't, you gave a deadline for yourself to pay then did nothing again. I'll do exactly what I said I would. This is in no way a response to the hurtful words you used. This is to warn other users that you cannot be trusted. Your most recent PMs and this message will all be posted.

say what you wish... regardless what you say i doubt anyone will give two shits. You can check with rubberduckie later as to whether he got the coins or not.... im waiting on his address. His instructions actually got me mining, whereas the ones youu gave me were out of date and involved compiling the miner myself. His was a simple 4 lined instruction which actually worked

Notes/Conclusion: The PPC bounty wasn't even a big deal. I view The Koolio's threats as being very serious though. If you note the times at which all this went on you'll see that I allowed ample time for payment. I have never requested a scammer tag for anybody before. I put my record up for review and will release anything I may have missed if it's requested. To my knowledge all relevant info is included in this post. I don't take pleasure in doing this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:22:28 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 06:28:38 PM by greyhawk

There's a lesson to be learned here. When a person talks like a chav, he's most likely a chav and should thus be ostracized right from the start. The error is in acknowledging the existence of such a person in the first place.
The Koolio

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:25:53 PM

seriously guys? this is just pathetic... partly because i dont give a fuck, secondly because im actually sending the coins to rubberduckie as soon as i get his ppc address which i have requested through pm and forum.

one miner just pissed off because im not sending him anything... his instructions on how to mine ppc were old and inneffective... didnt work... stop sobbing little child

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
The Koolio

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:27:30 PM

oh and for your knowledge, those who know me know i regularly give away coins in the btc-e chat.... you shouldnt assume things so easily

OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:28:48 PM

Do I need to say any more? The Koolio makes my case for me.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:30:46 PM

oh and for your knowledge, those who know me know i regularly give away coins in the btc-e chat.... you shouldnt assume things so easily
Koolio is pretty cool, he gives me coins when i tell him he's pretty. Also I doubt he would scam anyone, hes a pretty reasonable guy.

hi
Greedi

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:31:31 PM

lol, Koolio isn't a scammer ..

I don't know the man, but i've been follow him on BTC-E chat and alot more, like i do with everyone Smiley

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
The Koolio

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:32:58 PM

Koolio is pretty cool, he gives me coins when i tell him he's pretty. Also I doubt he would scam anyone, hes a pretty reasonable guy.

thank you mushroomized.... oneminer one thing you dont understand about me is I will get pissed with anyone who blackmails me which you are clearly trying to do for coins.

If you had given me instructions that worked then maybe you would have got them, but by writing first some twaddle doesnt mean u get them. as mushroomized stated i do give coins regularly so your threats are just failed

OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:39:50 PM

The Koolio's relationship with you gentlemen is not in question. The things I'm talking about are very specific and are detailed in my original post. Would ether of you care to comment on that matter?

im confused as to your motives... i said to you im sending to rubberduckie and not you.... when i receive his address he will be sent them... your instructions did not help so what do you want to achieve... still give me a tag even though i havnt done anything to u?#

The above quote was just sent to me in PM. Seems to be an attempt to wash everything he said before away. I'm amazed that in a community that's as based on trust like ours he/she would be so careless with what's promised.

To answer, the matter is now about your threat to take what's mine away in addition to your lying in PM and post about the bounty. Careful reading of the info I posted will show I have not blackmailed anybody. I demanded that The Koolio stand by his/her word and I promised to take action if he/she proved untrustworthy. I would like to recommend you find a dictionary and look up blackmail. I have nothing more to add and I'll shut up to wait for any judgement that may come. If I'm PMed or find any more relevant info you can be sure I'll add that.
The Koolio

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:44:55 PM

and if you read my posts you will realised im sending them to rubber duckie... not you.... so why are you crying for? and who says i have to work to your deadlines? you're not the internet police. The fact i said 2 days initially... well my plans changed so werent near my wallets. Either way im not sending you anything.... your instructions were utter twaddle

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:48:07 PM

i have read all the threads.. and rubberduckie deserve the goodwill donation...

oneminer...
learn the difference between goodwill donation. and bounty..

it was a good will gesture.. not a payment for services.. = there was no contract. and even if they were a contract for payment of services.. those threads suport koolio's case not your oneminer.. its clearly obvios rubberducky helped him.

dont get arsy if ur half attempts dont get u a reward, and then claim its a legal payment for services rendered....

its good that you helped but dont get angry and threaten people if ur 10% advice thinks you deserve a prize when someone else does 90% of the work after you..

i hope you help more people out in future with a more positive attitude and not an extorting/blackmailing attitude you have shown today oneminer

again from my point of view and points of view of many readers of the threads, rubberducky gets the goodwill..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:50:03 PM

The Koolio's relationship with you gentlemen is not in question. The things I'm talking about are very specific and are detailed in my original post. Would ether of you care to comment on that matter?

im confused as to your motives... i said to you im sending to rubberduckie and not you.... when i receive his address he will be sent them... your instructions did not help so what do you want to achieve... still give me a tag even though i havnt done anything to u?#

The above quote was just sent to me in PM. Seems to be an attempt to wash everything he said before away. I'm amazed that in a community that's as based on trust like ours he/she would be so careless with what's promised.

To answer, the matter is now about your threat to take what's mine away in addition to your lying in PM and post about the bounty. Careful reading of the info I posted will show I have not blackmailed anybody. I demanded that The Koolio stand by his/her word and I promised to take action if he/she proved untrustworthy. I would like to recommend you find a dictionary and look up blackmail. I have nothing more to add and I'll shut up to wait for any judgement that may come. If I'm PMed or find any more relevant info you can be sure I'll add that.

This is what I think he means by blackmail.

You are attempting to pressure him into paying you money by threatening to get him a scammer tag.

black·mail  (blkml)
n.
a. Extortion of money or something else of value from a person by the threat of exposing a criminal act or discreditable information.
b. Something of value extorted in this manner.

In this case you are trying to extort Koolio for coins in by threatening to give him a scammer tag. I think you are getting confused with more common blackmail in which the blackmailer tends to release information about the blackmailee (ie they stole money, or did something illegal). Maybe the fact that you are getting this mixed up proves Koolio didn't do anything wrong.

hi
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:58:21 PM

I have to say, I have very little reason to believe Koolio is anything but honest. He has owed me a few coins from time to time, mostly for sexy services, but he has always paid up when due. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I owe him 50 LTC.
The Koolio

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:02:24 PM

hahah salty, i told you can keep those coins, besides think of it as contribution to your silver fund. Its good to know there are people out there who know the difference between a scammer and an honest individual. again i applaud you all

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 12:38:00 AM

I can personally vouch for Koolio. He's a decent guy, trustworthy and definitely not a scammer.

Any one who hangs around in the BTC-e chat would say the same

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 12:42:59 AM

TLDR The Koolio offered a bounty for help in PPC mining. Messages sent to me indicated I won the bounty but it was never awarded. A recent messages from The Koolio includes a threat of BTC theft. This implies that the user could have the ability or desire to steal from others based on his/her mood. In light of this I'm requesting a scammer tag.

Here's a complete record of our interactions. If The Koolio edits his posts please take note of that. Also please note the times that the posts/PMs were made at.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177774#msg1177774
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177843#msg1177843
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1179403#msg1179403
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1182272#msg1182272
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1182291#msg1182291
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1216663#msg1216663

Now for the PMs.

Hi, still need help starting to mine? Difficulty is rising quickly so pool mining may be the way to go.

I like this pool http://ppcpool.us.to/  It's easy to set up and has low stales.

#1 Get cgminer http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/
#2 Download the ppcoin 0.2.0 client http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcoin/files/
#3 Install and run the client. It's located within the daemon folder.
#4 Start a command window (in windows go to start and type in cmd). Then go to where the client is installed on your hard drive. Use the "cd" (without the "") to change directory. Example: cd\ will take you to your C: drive. Then cd program files (x86) will get you into your program files folder.
#5 Go into the daemon folder. Example: program files (x86)\ppcoin\daemon 
#6 Type in ppcoind getinfo and hit enter. If you started the client before it should output some info about your wallet and the blockchain.
#7 Type in ppcoind getnewaddress. This address will be your username at the pool and your payment address.
#8 Run cgminer and enter ppcpool.us.to:9942 for the pool URL, the output of the getnewaddress command is your username and the password can be whatever you want (it's unimportant).
#9 Go to http://ppcpool.us.to/ and look for your username (address) in the front page after a while. You should have submitted shares. If not there's a problem.

Hope this is through and clear. Smiley

PXSA8T4qVCrTneJCgPSDDULwcJGn7ZqDmr

hi there, many thanks for the help. Ive done most of the instructions that come with cgminer however ive got to a big problem. when following the instructions below i get the errors thrown underneath that.... any ideas?

* Build cgminer.exe                                                                  *
**************************************************************************************
Run the MinGW MSYS shell
(Start Icon/keyboard key ==> All Programs ==> MinGW ==> MinGW Shell).
Change the working directory to your CGMiner project folder.
Example: cd cgminer-2.1.2 [Enter Key] if you are unsure then type "ls -la"
Another way is to type "cd cg" and then press the tab key; It will auto fill.
Type the lines below one at a time. Look for problems after each one before going on
to the next.

adl.sh (optional - see below)
      autoreconf -fvi
      CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2" ./configure (additional config options, see below)
      make

*Errors in ming shell*

$ adl.sh
sh: adl.sh: command not found

$ autoreconf -fvi
autoreconf-2.68: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required

$ cflags="-02 -msse2" ./configure
sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

I'm not familiar with building cgminer myself. Do you use IRC? Use this link if you don't know about it: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Fill in #cgminer for the channel and that will take you to the official chat.

Not that I know, but it seems like you are missing a step or some files (library or something?). Your errors are of the file not found type, making me think some previous step didn't work properly.

Good luck.

Did you get to mine some coins? If I helped, can I collect the bounty?

Can you please release proof that you paid out to someone so that I don't have to shame you in public?

I'm very sick of people stating that they'll pay out and then just walking away. This seems like what is going on now.

Soooo, I hope you can show me a transaction or make one quickly. I'll give it a couple of days before I air all this out. If possible release the nick of the person who won the bounty for verification.

I apologize if I've made some error.

"Like I said I will be very appreciative, and as a sign of goodwill I will donate my FULL first days earnings on PPcoin to whoever manages to get me mining whether it be pool or solo."

ok calm down, i only managed to get one card mining and no others, dont think my drivers liked mining multiple gpus on ppcoin, so ill send u something tomorrow when i get back

Last chance. Stand by what you said or I'll let people know you went back on your word. This will be easily verified by anyone checking the address I posted and seeing no transactions on it. Here it is so you can take a look if you'd like: PXSA8T4qVCrTneJCgPSDDULwcJGn7ZqDmr
It is in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177843#msg1177843

I've been more than patient about this and have given you every opportunity to make good on your word. This is the final warning, there will not be another one before I drag your name through the dirt. The way I'll do this is by editing my post in the PPC thread to show that you didn't pay and link to a new post I'll make in the scammer section which will contain all the messages both you and I sent. I've saved every one.

As a last gripe your original post about the PPC bounty located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1177774#msg1177774  implies that you'll be giving 10-20 5870s running for 24 hrs worth of PPC for the bounty. You reduced that to 1 GPU worth and I never made a peep about it. Now I am. I suggest you take this seriously, I hope you have just been delayed and that I've never had a thing to worry about.

If I am in error in any way, please excuse me.

mate, first of all i dont appreciate you threatening me. I was going to send you some coins even though someone else helped more and actually got me running. Now you can scrap that idea. Ill send them to the other person. What makes u think I give a fuck about u blackmailing me? I really dont give a fuck, I have so many ltc and btc that your words would never change my game and unlike u tits I actually have a life out of the forums so dont count many people at all as friends on here.

In future i suggest you watch your words with regards to threatening others. If i catch one glimpse of you bad mouthing me or something you better watch your back... u might wake up one day and be missing a hell of a lot of coins.

Prick

also what makes you think you can blackmail me when you are a noob user, with 70 posts ur in no position to be bossing anyone around... stop being so desperate... you screwed urself over now as ill make sure everyone in my close circle knows ur shit

Fine with me. 0.2BTC worth of PPC doesn't mean much to me, it seems your rep doesn't mean much to you ether. You said you'd pay, then you didn't, you gave a deadline for yourself to pay then did nothing again. I'll do exactly what I said I would. This is in no way a response to the hurtful words you used. This is to warn other users that you cannot be trusted. Your most recent PMs and this message will all be posted.

say what you wish... regardless what you say i doubt anyone will give two shits. You can check with rubberduckie later as to whether he got the coins or not.... im waiting on his address. His instructions actually got me mining, whereas the ones youu gave me were out of date and involved compiling the miner myself. His was a simple 4 lined instruction which actually worked

Notes/Conclusion: The PPC bounty wasn't even a big deal. I view The Koolio's threats as being very serious though. If you note the times at which all this went on you'll see that I allowed ample time for payment. I have never requested a scammer tag for anybody before. I put my record up for review and will release anything I may have missed if it's requested. To my knowledge all relevant info is included in this post. I don't take pleasure in doing this.

oneMINER:

If you're concerned about the 550 PPCoins Koolio sent me, please post your PPCoin address and I'll send you the coins as a goodwill gesture after work.

PS 550 PPCoins at current market value are worth 0.09295000 BTC   Smiley

OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:17:20 AM

oneMINER:

If you're concerned about the 550 PPCoins Koolio sent me, please post your PPCoin address and I'll send you the coins as a goodwill gesture after work.

PS 550 PPCoins at current market value are worth 0.09295000 BTC   Smiley

I'd rather people stayed on topic.

1. Reward was offered.
2. Reward reduced and then not paid out.
3. Threats of theft and hacking.
4. (Reduced) Reward was paid out to Rubberduckie after I notified The Koolio that I'd be making this thread anyways.

I don't believe that any of these things I have listed can be contested. I'd like to emphasize that I waited for days and that Rubberduckie was paid after I had notified The Koolio. I think this shows that The Koolio had no intention of paying out and only decided to pay to make himself seem like the victim.

I'll say again, the coins are not even a big deal. It's the threats that I won't tolerate. I'd have just let out the info that the reward wasn't paid. The request for the tag has to do with both issues convincing me that this guy was worthy of it.

Could my messages have been nicer? Yes, I wish they were now. But I did nothing except ask a few questions and say that I would tell others exactly what happened. The content of the things I have posted have not been questioned.

Rubberduckie my address is posted in this thread a couple of times. Keep the coins. I don't give a damn about them.
The Koolio

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 12:58:05 PM

oneminer, i think you are missing my points which I clearly told you. I was away from my rigs for over 2 weeks therefore unable to send any amount of ppc, btc, or ltc to anyone including exchanges. Once I arrived back to my home I sent the coins as promised even pm rubberduckie to confirm address as well as keeping him updated when I was going to send them.

As for the the threats against you.... well one thing you need to learn oneminer is that you are not police, you are not an authority of any sort, if this hurts you then you should clearly not be subjecting yourself to the posts on a forum like this. By threatening someone to stick to a deadline you are calling yourself a self proclaimed sherrif which in anyones mind is a pile of shite. I still dont care what you say. All I care for are the people that know me, and clearly suppor on here has done me well. It seems you got too fed up, and claimed various crap. Im sure you have done plenty of things which in someone elses eyes could be counted as BS. Either way I think you need to give up your obviously flawed witchhunt...

Have a happy life

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: