Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Threat against my life  (Read 2072 times)
hashking (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

I received a personal threat this morning from MAGNAGEN located in NYC.  He posted my personal information and stated that he was "coming for my head".  I am letting MAGNAGEN know that I will be going to the police station today and filing a police report and have them request your ip address.  I have a copy of the threat saved.  This is what theymos has recommended me doing.     
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashking (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:29:44 PM

I received a personal threat this morning from MAGNAGEN located in NYC.  He posted my personal information and stated that he was "coming for my head".  I am letting MAGNAGEN know that I will be going to the police station today and filing a police report and have them request your ip address.  I have a copy of the threat saved.  This is what theymos has recommended me doing.     

I'm not saying he was right in doing this but really, did you not expect this?

Also are you trying to say MAGNAGEN is not rally going to hurt you so he should be listed as a scammer?

I think he is a sock puppet for someone else.  I think theymos should find out for who.
hashking (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:32:12 PM

I'm not saying he was right in doing this but really, did you not expect this?

Also are you trying to say MAGNAGEN is not rally going to hurt you so he should be listed as a scammer?

I think he is a sock puppet for someone else.  I think theymos should find out for who.

lol Theymos is not the FBI for scammers...

I'm sure he will help out if the police request the correct information. However odds are tor. 

I have an idea on who it might be but theymos wont verify it for me.  So I will make my way to the police station this morning and have them request the information.
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:32:20 PM

What did you expect, when dealing with large sums of any currency, people get heated real fast.

Not saying what he did was right, just saying you should have expected a response.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:34:38 PM

I'm sure he will help out if the police request the correct information. However odds are tor. 

If the person behind the sock puppet account is stupid enough to be making threats, odds are they didn't go through the trouble of using TOR.

Any threats like this should be taken extremely seriously no matter the situation or circumstances.
CJGoodings

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:39:25 PM

If the person behind the sock puppet account is stupid enough to be making threats, odds are they didn't go through the trouble of using TOR.

Any threats like this should be taken extremely seriously no matter the situation or circumstances.

Let me guess, you piss off alot of ppl?
hashking (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:43:30 PM

I'm glad I have found this.  Looks like I will pursue this.

Threatening people over the Internet is illegal in the United States. The crime of Threat by Instrument of Interstate Commerce is punishable by up to five years in prison. Conviction of this crime can also result in up to three years of supervised release and a fine of up to $250,000.00.Federal law 18 U.S.C. § 875(c) states: "Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."
CJGoodings

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:44:50 PM

Its sad but true, we have those pussy ass anti-bullying laws that went through a while back.

One of them included the: Megan Meier Cyberbullying Prevention Act. (not sure if this one passed, but others like it have)
hashking (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:45:43 PM

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx I also found the form to fill out. 
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:46:47 PM

why did he threaten you? did he loan you money and now he cannot get it back?
hashking (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:48:29 PM

why did he threaten you? did he loan you money and now he cannot get it back?

I have never received any btc from MAGNAGEN.  I think he is a sock puppet for someone else.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:08:10 PM

He lists a membership to 2600 in his profile. This means that there is essentially no chance that he didn't got through tor.
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:40:24 PM

Perhaps you should pay back your creditors?
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:45:03 PM

when will this cyber bullying stop?  Tongue

poop!
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:51:33 PM

Sympathy begins with asking for forgiveness after you've done something retarded.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: