May 07, 2024, 04:08:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (See opening post)
Yes - 9 (81.8%)
No - 2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 11

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Eligius reward system scheduled for immediate change  (Read 3155 times)
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 01:12:06 AM

Eligius Miners,

I'm currently working on code for replacing the current SMPPS reward system with CPPSRB.  (See http://goo.gl/lW1K6 and http://goo.gl/jSb7b for details about both)

In order to retain the accumulated extra credit from SMPPS, this system will need a cutoff point where that extra credit is then put into the care of CPPSRB.

Unfortunately, I'm not done with the code for CPPSRB, but I expect to have it up and working very soon (as little as a few more days if all goes well, at latest I'd say this coming weekend.).

However, at this time, instead of mining under the SMPPS reward system while this switch is planned, I propose setting the switch point sometime in the near future.  Perhaps the next block Eligius finds or so.  Then disabling SMPPS.  At that point the pool would simply hold payouts until a reward system is enabled, and as soon as I finish the code I will activate CPPSRB and it will catch up based on the switch point on forward to present.

I mention this because every day the pool remains on SMPPS miners get more and more frustrated.  At least if I disable SMPPS soon, shares after that point will be directly counted towards CPPSRB and paid accordingly (and with an almost certainty of being paid far more than SMPPS is paying per share now.)  Any lucky blocks will knock out past extra credit, etc.

While I don't see an issue with just going forward with this plan, I propose it here only because it will delay payouts for a little while until I finish the CPPSRB code.  In the unlikely event that I can't complete the CPPSRB code in a reasonable time, SMPPS can always be switched back on and things resume as normal.

So, the vote is, are you as Eligius miners OK with delaying payouts in an effort to make CPPSRB take effect earlier than it would if it were implemented when I finish the code?
(Note: No shares are lost in any way in this transition.)
If so, I propose that the switch be made after the first Eligius block that is found after 10/29/2012 20:00:00 UTC. (As in, every share that is submitted after that block is found will be rewarded under CPPSRB and not SMPPS).

Please post comments/questions/concerns.

Thanks!

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 01:15:08 PM

As of now, SMPPS is disabled.  All shares following the finding of block 00000000000000c1dc82ebf3e5f3829d3247fd03471612f2a4e0f234b75a660d will be treated as CPPSRB shares.  Payouts will be caught up as soon as I am done with the code!

Stats will still be online, and will show blocks and such, but, the balance information will still be SMPPS based and such until the CPPSRB code is finished.  This will be updated, so, don't pay much mind to balance data from the the mentioned block forward.  Miners will be paid based on CPPSRB from now on.  Unpaid balances and extra credit from SMPPS will carry forward, so, no worries.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: