Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinurl.com is no good  (Read 10813 times)
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:47:17 PM

I'm going to throw these guys on bitcoinscammers.com  I encourage you to update us if this gets resolved

Do you just throw everybody on that site?  I can't imagine your site is very useful since you seem to throw any accusation on there...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:48:44 PM

I'm going to throw these guys on bitcoinscammers.com  I encourage you to update us if this gets resolved

Did you read what the people above you said?

I disagree with the OP...

He never reads the threads. It's all about throwing people up on his absurd little website then getting payed to remove them again.

I've been thinking this too. No-one takes Bitcoin Scammer seriously unless they have an account age of less than 1 month.

Quoted for truth.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:54:50 PM

Back on topic: To the OP.

So what you are saying is that they made a mistake, and they realize it so they gave you twice the amount credited to your account as a apology.  But you want even more from them?

They know they messed up the 0.05, and they made it up to you with a gift voucher of 0.1.  You can't withdraw a gift voucher!  That's like you going into a Best Buy after buying a service of theirs for $10 that turns out to not function.  They realize it was their mistake, and the manager offers you a $20 gift card and you take it.  Then you go right back up to the manager and demand your $10 back!  The $20 in this case represents full compensation for your loss.  You can't have your cake an eat it too!  If you wanted your original 0.05 back, you would have told them that and told them you wouldn't accept the 0.1 as compensation (not sure why you would do that, but it would be your prerogative).  I bet you are just confusing them right now since they gave you a gift voucher to apologize for their mistake, and you accepted it and are now saying you didn't get your money back!

Think of it this way.  You deposited 0.05.  They f**ked up and didn't credit your account.  They apologized, and not only gave your your 0.05 credit to your account, but added another 0.05 to "try and make the customer happy."  Why not just use it for what you originally intended to and move on?
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 10:31:19 PM

I never added a site personally, they are all submitted by people who have stories. It may not be a site for everyone but we get lots of people thanking us and we have plenty of traffic picking up so I think it's a good hobby.  Sorry OP for driving this off topic.  

I'm going to throw these guys on bitcoinscammers.com  I encourage you to update us if this gets resolved

Do you just throw everybody on that site?  I can't imagine your site is very useful since you seem to throw any accusation on there...

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
Someone5 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:10:48 PM

Actually it would be the opposite of what you said..something like:
Build trust with small transaction and then catch the big fish.
I do not think a respectable site like Coinurl would scam for as low as 0.15XBT  so just be patient and give the poor Richard some time to resolve the situation  
Also you wanted to use their service and were give a 0.1XBT coupon so why not use it?

No, for a scammer it's better to catch small fishes because nobody believes them and they are more likely to forefit and give up their money. For example, I will not bother contacting the police for my 0.05 BTC that they have stolen. If it was 1000 BTC I would have contacted the police.

However if the scammer intends to shut down the site and leave with the money they can of course steal from both small and big fishes.

"Poor Richard" has had several weeks to fix this super small issue of a lost 0.05 BTC. If he hasn't fixed it by now he sure as hell doesn't deserve to be called "poor Richard" by my standards. He is just Richard and he should have resolved the situation a long time ago.

I did use their coupon, I turned it into credits in my account. I had planned to use it, but after they magically lost my real 0.05 BTC I non-magically lost faith in their system and wanted to pull out.

Why even accuse of it being a scam when he has given you .1 credit to USE ON THE WEBSITE?

Are you serious man??

No one has been scammed, they gave you credit??

Why accuse? Because it's justified. I've stated several times that I have put money into my account, got nothing in return and now can't get my money back.

I'm serious. They gave me 0.1 BTC extra for my troubles (I thought, turns out it was just imaginary bitcoins that I could use to make a campaign if I wanted to -- there's a big differance between real BTC and those that just work in their system). These 0.1 BTC were extra, I should still have my original (real) 0.05 BTC.

I didn't use the imaginary 0.1 BTC because I wanted out. I deemed their system too unstable so I wanted to take my money and leave. I stated in the mail that I might be back when their service got more stable. They said I couldn't withdraw the 0.1 BTC I got from them but I should still be able to withdraw my original 0.05 BTC. That's why I HAVE been scammed.

[...]

If you actually read this thread properly you will see the guy got CREDITED. He did not get scammed.

The guy asked for his deposit to be processed and why wasn't it processed, so .1 was put through.

Vouchers cannot be withdrawn - Thats a bugger, but at the same time you have just doubled what you were going to put in - Who would complain about that?

[...]

It's you that has not read the thread properly.

I put 0.05 BTC into their site.

I got that. Plus 0.1 BTC extra.

My total balance was then 0.15 BTC.

Then they lost 0.05 BTC (the real bitcoins). All that's left in my account is 0.1 of fake BTC (only credits). I had NOT gotten any hits from them.

The problem is that they aren't returning my original 0.05 BTC to me. I just want out of their buggy system and they are doing nothing to help me. I don't know what book you are reading but in my book that reads a total scam.

I've said so many times, 0.05 BTC is not a lot, but if it was 1 BTC or 100 BTC -- it doesn't matter. A scam is a scam and people must be warned.

Even IF it's not a deliberate scam it's a fact that they are treating me, a customer, very badly and this is reason enough to tell people about my story. I'm glad YOU have had good experience with them but obviously they don't tread everybody kindly and I'm happy if I make someone think twice before sending them any bitcoins -- because chances are they won't get anything for them and they won't get them back either.

So what you are saying is that they made a mistake, and they realize it so they gave you twice the amount credited to your account as a apology.  But you want even more from them?

[...]

Think of it this way.  You deposited 0.05.  They f**ked up and didn't credit your account.  They apologized, and not only gave your your 0.05 credit to your account, but added another 0.05 to "try and make the customer happy."  Why not just use it for what you originally intended to and move on?

That's not at all what happened. A lot of people seems to half-read my thread, assume that I'm just an asshole and then continue to defend CoinURL.

+ I sent 0.05 BTC to them.
+ They gave me an additional 0.1 BTC.
+ My account had 0.15 BTC before I made a campaign.
+ I made a campaign for 0.05 BTC to test things out.
+ The campaign disappeard from their system and no hits were sent to my site. I got nothing for those 0.05 BTC.
+ Now my account has 0.1 BTC and I want out. But they refuse to give me back my original 0.05 BTC.
+ Meanwhile they don't respond to my mails and the guy in charge goes missing.

I hope this clears things up.

[...]
Sorry OP for driving this off topic.

Not your fault, don't worry about it.

Anyway: Bottom line is that CoinURL is not responding to my mails any more and they will not refund me my measly 0.05 BTC.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:09:26 PM

Then they lost 0.05 BTC (the real bitcoins). All that's left in my account is 0.1 of fake BTC (only credits). I had NOT gotten any hits from them.

The problem is that they aren't returning my original 0.05 BTC to me. I just want out of their buggy system and they are doing nothing to help me. I don't know what book you are reading but in my book that reads a total scam.

I've said so many times, 0.05 BTC is not a lot, but if it was 1 BTC or 100 BTC -- it doesn't matter. A scam is a scam and people must be warned.

Even IF it's not a deliberate scam it's a fact that they are treating me, a customer, very badly and this is reason enough to tell people about my story. I'm glad YOU have had good experience with them but obviously they don't tread everybody kindly and I'm happy if I make someone think twice before sending them any bitcoins -- because chances are they won't get anything for them and they won't get them back either.

And herein lies the proble.  You DIDN'T get the 0.05 BTC credited to your account.  You say "I got that" but that's not the case.  Had you gotten that, then there wouldn't be any issues.  The problem is that you DIDN'T get it and that's why the voucher was issued to you.

You also have no right to a refund as their credits seem to be nonrefundable.  From their TOS:

"Can I get a refund?

In general, refunds are prohibited. We recommend depositing the exact amount you are planning to spend on advertising. This measure is needed to protect our service from money laundering, which is required by the law. In exceptional cases we allow our advertisers to request a refund. To be eligible for this exception, you need to complete the verification procedure by contacting an operator and providing an identification document (containing your photo, e.g. a passport or driver's licence) bundled with proof of your address (e.g. a utility bill, bank statement, etc, not older than three months). A CoinURL operator may also ask for additional documents to prove the legality of deposited funds. "

I agree this policy isn't a great one, but it's the one you agreed to when you signed up (presumably, if you want to say they changed it after the fact that's a different argument but I won't go down that route since that's not what you are saying at the moment).

You deposited 0.05 BTC and you should have gotten 0.05 credits on their site that are nonrefundable.  Instead, you got 0.1 credits that are nonrefundable.  You've gotten what you are owed and then some as an apology for their system screwing up.

So what you are saying is that they made a mistake, and they realize it so they gave you twice the amount credited to your account as a apology.  But you want even more from them?

[...]

Think of it this way.  You deposited 0.05.  They f**ked up and didn't credit your account.  They apologized, and not only gave your your 0.05 credit to your account, but added another 0.05 to "try and make the customer happy."  Why not just use it for what you originally intended to and move on?

That's not at all what happened. A lot of people seems to half-read my thread, assume that I'm just an asshole and then continue to defend CoinURL.

+ The campaign disappeard from their system and no hits were sent to my site. I got nothing for those 0.05 BTC.
+ Now my account has 0.1 BTC and I want out. But they refuse to give me back my original 0.05 BTC.

I think you are confused.  Read the email that you posted above (and duplicated as a quote below this paragraph).  He apologized, and issued you a voucher for 0.1 BTC so that you could fund your account.  No where did it say that this was in addition to your 0.05 BTC.  Think of it this way.  You ordered USB flash drive from someone on eBay for about $5.  After 2 weeks, it doesn't show up.  You email the guy and complain that you haven't received your USB drive.  Well, this is such a small amount, that he's willing to make you happy in hopes of retaining you for future business, so while he investigates where in the supply chain things got messed up, he apologized to you and says that as an apology, he is sending you 2 of the usb drives in the mail.

At this point, he's already trying to get some goodwill by providing customer service.  Most people would say that this guy is an honest guy who fixes problems.  Problems occur and mistakes happen, but he tried to make up for that.  But now, you are still not happy, and ask where your original one is and if he can't find it, you want your money refunded.  Does this make any sense to you?  The sending of the 2 additional flash drives settles the case and as far as most people see it, closes the complaint.  You had an issue with an order, and the merchant compensated you for the issue.  That counts as a settlement of the issue in most jurisdictions and the claim is now complete.

If they had said something like, well, we've credited the original 0.05 to your account and please accept this coupon for another 0.1 as our apology, that'd be different, but the fact that they've already tried to remedy it makes it highly unlikely they are scamming you.

Richard Vialoux <info@coinurl.com>    Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM
To:Me <me@gmail.com>

Sorry about this, this whole last week has been nuts.

Here's 0.1 BTC voucher for CoinURL:

ID: 51f5451aa3eeb432278541
Code: 0a466df8bdb3c4113ee5c3d216ae5c7c

Cheers!

--
Richard Vialoux
CoinURL.com: Internet Advertising

Summary: I agree that you are receiving poor customer service and that communication should definitely be clearer, but I don't think it rises to the level of a scam.  This forum is for reporting people who are scamming others out of money and not just for merely reporting poor customer service.  If you are having trouble getting your ad campaign to work, that's one issue, but wanting a refund is an entirely different issue.  I would suggest to you that you not pursue both avenues at the same time.  Either try and figure out why your ad campaign isn't running/has been rejected/for whatever reason not working, OR ask them to initiate a procedure to get a refund of your 0.05.  Be prepared to submit the documentation as requested in the quote from their site above to get this if they approve it.  Also note that they don't HAVE to approve it as per their TOS.

What's not going to earn you any brownie points though is if you continue to complain to them that you never received credit for the 0.05 you deposited.  They have already remedied that situation by crediting you with 0.1 credits and if I were them, I would also start ignoring you if you continued to complain about the initial non-credit.  Did they make a mistake/suffer a glitch in their system?  Yes.  But have they remedied the situation with your account?  Yes.
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 04:18:42 AM

And herein lies the proble.  You DIDN'T get the 0.05 BTC credited to your account.  You say "I got that" but that's not the case.  Had you gotten that, then there wouldn't be any issues.  The problem is that you DIDN'T get it and that's why the voucher was issued to you.

You also have no right to a refund as their credits seem to be nonrefundable.  From their TOS:

"Can I get a refund?

In general, refunds are prohibited. We recommend depositing the exact amount you are planning to spend on advertising. This measure is needed to protect our service from money laundering, which is required by the law. In exceptional cases we allow our advertisers to request a refund. To be eligible for this exception, you need to complete the verification procedure by contacting an operator and providing an identification document (containing your photo, e.g. a passport or driver's licence) bundled with proof of your address (e.g. a utility bill, bank statement, etc, not older than three months). A CoinURL operator may also ask for additional documents to prove the legality of deposited funds. "

I agree this policy isn't a great one, but it's the one you agreed to when you signed up (presumably, if you want to say they changed it after the fact that's a different argument but I won't go down that route since that's not what you are saying at the moment).

You deposited 0.05 BTC and you should have gotten 0.05 credits on their site that are nonrefundable.  Instead, you got 0.1 credits that are nonrefundable.  You've gotten what you are owed and then some as an apology for their system screwing up.

[...]

I think you are confused.  Read the email that you posted above (and duplicated as a quote below this paragraph).  He apologized, and issued you a voucher for 0.1 BTC so that you could fund your account.  No where did it say that this was in addition to your 0.05 BTC.  Think of it this way.  You ordered USB flash drive from someone on eBay for about $5.  After 2 weeks, it doesn't show up.  You email the guy and complain that you haven't received your USB drive.  Well, this is such a small amount, that he's willing to make you happy in hopes of retaining you for future business, so while he investigates where in the supply chain things got messed up, he apologized to you and says that as an apology, he is sending you 2 of the usb drives in the mail.

At this point, he's already trying to get some goodwill by providing customer service.  Most people would say that this guy is an honest guy who fixes problems.  Problems occur and mistakes happen, but he tried to make up for that.  But now, you are still not happy, and ask where your original one is and if he can't find it, you want your money refunded.  Does this make any sense to you?  The sending of the 2 additional flash drives settles the case and as far as most people see it, closes the complaint.  You had an issue with an order, and the merchant compensated you for the issue.  That counts as a settlement of the issue in most jurisdictions and the claim is now complete.

If they had said something like, well, we've credited the original 0.05 to your account and please accept this coupon for another 0.1 as our apology, that'd be different, but the fact that they've already tried to remedy it makes it highly unlikely they are scamming you.

Richard Vialoux <info@coinurl.com>    Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM
To:Me <me@gmail.com>

Sorry about this, this whole last week has been nuts.

Here's 0.1 BTC voucher for CoinURL:

ID: 51f5451aa3eeb432278541
Code: 0a466df8bdb3c4113ee5c3d216ae5c7c

Cheers!

--
Richard Vialoux
CoinURL.com: Internet Advertising

Summary: I agree that you are receiving poor customer service and that communication should definitely be clearer, but I don't think it rises to the level of a scam.  This forum is for reporting people who are scamming others out of money and not just for merely reporting poor customer service.  If you are having trouble getting your ad campaign to work, that's one issue, but wanting a refund is an entirely different issue.  I would suggest to you that you not pursue both avenues at the same time.  Either try and figure out why your ad campaign isn't running/has been rejected/for whatever reason not working, OR ask them to initiate a procedure to get a refund of your 0.05.  Be prepared to submit the documentation as requested in the quote from their site above to get this if they approve it.  Also note that they don't HAVE to approve it as per their TOS.

What's not going to earn you any brownie points though is if you continue to complain to them that you never received credit for the 0.05 you deposited.  They have already remedied that situation by crediting you with 0.1 credits and if I were them, I would also start ignoring you if you continued to complain about the initial non-credit.  Did they make a mistake/suffer a glitch in their system?  Yes.  But have they remedied the situation with your account?  Yes.

I agree with every word ^^^

Seriously, I cannot believe you someone5 - Your calling it a scam, and that you may as well not bother contacting the police...

What are you going to say to the police?

That you gave them 0.05, it didn't get credited so they gave you 0.1 of some virtual currency in voucher form on there website of which the currency on their website is in BTC, and because the ads didn't work you didn't try it again and wanted your .05 out even with a OBVIOUS NO REFUNDS POLICY on the website of coinURL - Its like buying  2L of gas and going, oh it didn't get me 100km's so i want a refund, so the guy at the petrol station fills your tank up and then you expect a refund for your original 2L of gas, LOL.

Pushing your luck getting a voucher for .1 then basically publically bitching about not getting a refund of your original .05 - I think you did get traffic but no leads, thought meh this is shit traffic and wanted a refund, even with a .1 voucher.

FYI: With .1 voucher we make about $50 back in sales leads - CoinURL is not a scam, nor did you get scammed. Your unhappy that you didn't get your way, you could have resold some traffic with that voucher and made even more BTC?

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:48:49 PM

i dont see what the problem is, if they credited extra you back to use their service.

the best thing you can do is use it. as for all bitcoin transactions they are all irreversible, despite who you use.

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:00:11 PM

Coinurl is a scam. They never reply to emails and they close down accounts for no reason. Not all clicks are being counted (I've done some tests).

did you try to call them?
EpStROM

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:34:56 PM

Made a deposit 3 days ago, my ad approval is still pending and no reply to my emails, at least I made a small deposit.  Undecided
foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:03:47 PM

Glad that I was unable to sign up a couple months ago when I tried. I had attempted and was going to use on my website but ran into difficulty.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: