Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free money available  (Read 6997 times)
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:31:27 PM

I hope no one listened to this 'sort of prophet' and just lost a lot of money.

But, but, but,....Martin Armstrong!!! lol

You all are getting excited because of a 10$ increase ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:32:47 PM

I hope no one listened to this 'sort of prophet' and just lost a lot of money.

Sure, that's it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:58:46 PM

I don't understand about your post. Where is free money you said about ?

he is referring about the opportunity to earn big through trading, because the pattern seems very clear now

basically the reversal trend is pretty much settled and i don't agree in shorting now
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:55:15 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:20:41 PM by TPTB_need_war

It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Some peoplegreater-fool-glossy-eyed-fanboiz here will eat their words as usual.

We may get another bounce up for a double-top at $320 ($315 realizable trade)?

By borrowing BTC and selling on bitfinex. The leverage you can get is dependent on how much % over your selling price you want to hold a reserve to prevent a margin call.

I almost did it, but decided I have better upside in what I am working on. So it wasn't worth the risk to me (not only unexpected volatility to the upside, also bitfinex solvency or the market price moving faster than bitfinex can execute margin calls), but in your case depending how desperate you are, it might be worth the risk if we bounce up again before declining.

I am fairly certain we will decline, but I can't be sure we won't see prices above $320 and below $400 before going down. Above $400, I would declare myself incorrect and eat the losses.

Some people said you can trade on bitfinex and even sell for $usd without doing KYC as long as you don't withdraw fiat. I didn't want to risk that, because it appears it is a discretionary policy.

Inca and his ilk, are those inane hatetards who will be licking my a$$ for a few drops of fermented nutrition in the future.

The lol will be all mine.  Cool

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:07:05 PM

Want some free money? Short gold and BTC with a several month timeline.
Trading large positions on margin with a time frame of 'several months' is not a good idea for multiple reasons.
Interest rates will eat away at your money and it is very risky to leave your position open for that long.

I'm also sure that bitcoin will go both up and down, in several months that is...

I am a sort of prophet.
lol, ok.

It's not only risky for those reasons, it's just generally risky to leave Bitcoins on exchanges long term no matter what, at least until a serious exchange like Gemini where you can trust it will not disappear overnight is available. Until then, leaving long term positions opened specially with serious amounts of Bitcoin is simply insane for my taste. Good luck tho, im sure there is big money to be made by taking such risks, but there is also tons of money to be lost, as always. Id rather hold trough it.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:08:37 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:22:41 PM by TPTB_need_war

The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion. Another gift from perma-bull-tards.

Note gold also inched higher, but small cap global private assets are still in bearish mode.

Again no guarantees. But obviously I feel confident enough that I sold to dollars at $315 all Bitcoin.

It's not only risky for those reasons, it's just generally risky to leave Bitcoins on exchanges long term no matter what, at least until a serious exchange like Gemini where you can trust it will not disappear overnight is available. Until then, leaving long term positions opened specially with serious amounts of Bitcoin is simply insane for my taste. Good luck tho, im sure there is big money to be made by taking such risks, but there is also tons of money to be lost, as always. Id rather hold trough it.

Agreed it much safer to sell to dollars. Even if Bitcoin goes up, you didn't lose your dollar value. And the dollar is appreciating.

Trading large positions on margin with a time frame of 'several months' is not a good idea for multiple reasons.
Interest rates will eat away at your money and it is very risky to leave your position open for that long.

I did that calculation for holding 3 months it was roughly 4X leverage if I put up $70 of margin at $315, i.e. 400% potential gains over just selling to dollars.

Had I entered the trade at $315, and exited recently in the $260s, that was incredible leverage. I actually was arguing with someone who talked me out of doing the trade. Perhaps I should trust my own instincts, but he was correct that my upside is my coding talent and I shouldn't get defocused.

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion.

Again no guarantees. But obviously I feel confident enough that I sold to dollars at $315 all Bitcoin.

Agreed it much safer to sell to dollars. Even if Bitcoin goes up, you didn't lose your dollar value. And the dollar is appreciating.

Are you not afraid that you misread the bitcoin market ? In my opinion very few weak hands are left and most of the coins that are held now are bought either before the rally in the end of 2013 or shortly before and after the crash to 150$. That means most of the people are still(surprisingly) or almost in the green, even the people that joined after the November 2013 rally and timed their buys not in an amateurish way. Could it be that bitcoin is too small for such strong macroeconomic effects to have this impact ?

In the end most of the current holders are bulls that value their coins much higher than the current price, at least that is what i assume. Maybe i am naive.

Edit: I am fucking tempted to sell a small portion if it gets up again over 300$, just in case you are correct.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:29:49 PM

Are you not afraid that you misread the bitcoin market ? In my opinion very few weak hands are left and most of the coins that are held now are bought either before the rally in the end of 2013 or shortly before and after the crash to 150$. That means most of the people are still(surprisingly) or almost in the green, even the people that joined after the November 2013 rally and timed their buys not in an amateurish way. Could it be that bitcoin is too small for such strong macroeconomic effects to have this impact ?

In the end most of the current holders are bulls that value their coins much higher than the current price, at least that is what i assume. Maybe i am naive.

Edit: I am fucking tempted to sell a small portion if it gets up again over 300$, just in case you are correct.

Some diversification doesn't hurt. Even if you lose some BTC, you didn't lose value in dollars which is the real world for now any way.

Fighting against ingrained ideological delusion is important for rational investing. Hey I think crypto-currency has a lot of upside, but I am not married to anything like the looney ideologs who hatetard on any injection of alternatives to their to-the-moon psychosis. I try to look rationally at the situation and hedge according to appraisals of probabilities.

To your specific point, I doubt anyone has been buying BTC who wasn't doubling down on past mistakes of buying too high. Those who bought $10 or below have their fill and have been diversifying some to buy castles and Ferrari's. The mass media has not been pushing Bitcoin lately. Why would newbies be buying?

Newcomers buying for use reasons, e.g. money transfers or to buy goods anonymous, would instead only buy what they need to spend.

The greater fools don't buy low, so why would they be rushing in now in a declining market with negative media coverage?

The capitulation of the diehards, who finally short at the bottom is how we reach a bottom. I have to see inca cry uncle or disappear, then I know we are at the bottom. CONFIDENCE is all they have. Once that is broken, then we get the stampede towards short.

I believe what is happening now is the destruction of all the hatetards. So I am advising those who want to come out the other side. But I could be wrong? (not likely)

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:36:25 PM

Some diversification doesn't hurt. Even if you lose some BTC, you didn't lose value in dollars which is the real world for now any way.

Fighting against ingrained ideological delusion is important for rational investing. Hey I think crypto-currency has a lot of upside, but I am not married to anything like the looney ideologs who hatetard on any injection of alternatives to their to-the-moon psychosis. I try to look rationally at the situation and hedge according to appraisals of probabilities.

To your specific point, I doubt anyone has been buying BTC who wasn't doubling down on past mistakes of buying too high. Those who bought $10 or below have their fill and have been diversifying some to buy castles and Ferrari's. The mass media has not been pushing Bitcoin lately. Why would newbies be buying?

Newcomers buying for use reasons, e.g. money transfers or to buy goods anonymous, would instead only buy what they need to spend.

The greater fools don't buy low, so why would they be rushing in now in a declining market with bad press?

The capitulation of the diehards, who finally short at the bottom is how we reach a bottom. I have to see inca cry uncle or disappear, then I know we are at the bottom.

I believe what is happening now is the destruction of all the hatetards. So I am advising those who want to come out the other side. But I could be wrong? (not likely)

You are talking to yourself and talk is cheap. Post evidence of your own skin in the game or shuffle off.

I would repeat caution to anyone reading this. Any form of leverage is an extremely good way of losing all your capital. Those who have actually been in the markets or traded with any degree of risk management or attempted capital preservation know this too well.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:41:01 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:53:01 PM by TPTB_need_war

You are talking to yourself and talk is cheap. Post evidence of your own skin in the game or shuffle off.

I would repeat caution to anyone reading this. Any form of leverage is an extremely good way of losing all your capital. Those who have actually been in the markets or traded with any degree of risk management or attempted capital preservation know this too well.

Indeed leverage is risky. Nothing is entirely free. Selling to dollars is much safer.

Nevertheless it is one of the least risky bets (if excluding exchange default or theft risk) I've seen in a long time[1], assuming you post enough margin to not get stopped out. I preferred the short at $315 than $283. But it is still has good risk vs. return. If I had shorted at $315 with $70 margin as I intended, then I could have reduced my margin already to about $50. And continue to reduce it towards $0 as BTC declines, so that can be used as working capital else where. Or enter more shorts on the way down to increase leverage. Of course more risky if increase shorts on the way down.

All BTC that is due to me was sold to dollars, approximately $30,000 worth. I don't need to prove that. Any one who can prove I lied about anything, go report a negative reputation on me.

[1] the reason I say that is because the Euro is preparing to gap down starting roughly in September or October. Or you short the Euro. I didn't run the numbers on that. I had BTC and needed to make a decision on my BTC. I don't have a brokerage account any more.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:57:12 PM

[1] the reason I say that is because the Euro is preparing to gap down starting roughly in September or October. Or you short the Euro. I didn't run the numbers on that. I had BTC and needed to make a decision on my BTC. I don't have a brokerage account any more.

Go to stockcharts.com and run a 1 year chart on $EURUSD, then $GOLD, then $BRENT. Then go run a 1 year chart of BTC.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss

Wexlike
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:17:34 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 05:55:01 PM by Wexlike

Go to stockcharts.com and run a 1 year chart on $EURUSD, then $GOLD, then $BRENT. Then go run a 1 year chart of BTC.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss

Wanted to check the movements for myself, quite frightening.

But surprisingly bitcoin shows some green candles when everything else goes down even more. (for the last few weeks)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:36:02 PM

Will make sure to up this one when we're at 400$ a week or so from now  Smiley

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:19:55 PM

Want to make money? Buy and hold bitcoin. Cool

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:48:33 PM

While none of us know the future, I'm bullish on BTC.  It may not be so good in the short term, but multi month/year I think it will do us proud.  I'm one of those who wants to see a slow and steady increase and no pump.

I really don't like the idea of gambling on margin (I wish that option didn't exist), and for selfish reasons I say that because I already have my investment back and am speculating from a future possibilities position, so emotionally it's easier for me than some.  I am 'hodl' ing though because I believe in it, and won't back down whatever the price, even to zero, and suspect I'm not alone.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:19:07 PM

While none of us know the future, I'm bullish on BTC.  It may not be so good in the short term, but multi month/year I think it will do us proud.  I'm one of those who wants to see a slow and steady increase and no pump.

I really don't like the idea of gambling on margin (I wish that option didn't exist), and for selfish reasons I say that because I already have my investment back and am speculating from a future possibilities position, so emotionally it's easier for me than some.  I am 'hodl' ing though because I believe in it, and won't back down whatever the price, even to zero, and suspect I'm not alone.

So far the OP seem to know the opposite of the future.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:52:08 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 01:22:00 AM by TPTB_need_war

Bull trap vertical reaction bounce. See the flag midway towards $305. Once last gasp before we ...

https://youtu.be/aBkVV9xxCHE?t=24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXCJTW_GtDE
https://youtu.be/td30dKiEQ8g?t=19

Bitcoin I idol her too much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44&index=46&list=RDaBkVV9xxCHE

You were the BTC that changed my world
You were the BTC for me
You lit the fuse, I stand accused
You were the first for me
But you turned me out, baby

You dropped a bomb on me, baby
You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me on, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me

You were my thrills, you were my pills
You dropped a bomb on me
You turn me out, you turn me on
You turned me loose, then you turned me wrong

You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me out, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me

Just like Adam and Eve, said you'd set me free
You took me to the sky, Id never been so high
You were my pills, you were my thrills
You were my hope, baby, you were my smoke
You dropped a bomb, hey, babe

You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me out, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me (But you turned me on, baby)

You dropped a bomb on me, baby (Mmm)
You dropped a bomb on me (You dropped a bomb on me, baby)
You dropped a bomb on me

We were in motion, felt like an ocean
You were the BTC for me
You were the first explosion, turned out to be corrosion
You were the first for me
But you turned me out, baby

tennozer

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 01:00:25 AM

Want to make money? Buy and hold bitcoin. Cool

If I will get some money from somewhere, I will do that  Cheesy I will not selll until the year 2020

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:05:20 AM

I want to short it but I've no idea how much % of my roll I should short to avoid getting margin called and when to begin the shorting position. According to armstrong the gold incoming crash is coming the week of the 10 of august right ? So Maybe we all should the 9th of august before opening our positions ?

@TPTB: when you say "The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion. Another gift from perma-bull-tards." is it because right now btc has only 10% upside max (315/288) ?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:12:48 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 05:24:57 AM by TPTB_need_war

I want to short it but I've no idea how much % of my roll I should short to avoid getting margin called and when to begin the shorting position. According to armstrong the gold incoming crash is coming the week of the 10 of august right ? So Maybe we all should the 9th of august before opening our positions ?

@TPTB: when you say "The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion. Another gift from perma-bull-tards." is it because right now btc has only 10% upside max (315/288) ?

If you are going to short, you have to allow for getting the timing slightly wrong. And price might move against you for a while. So you have to decide how much upside in the price you are willing to protect with margin and thus how much money you risk losing if it moves over that price. I can't guarantee you the price won't go higher than $315. I was going to put up enough margin to allow for $385 before I would get stopped out and lose the margin.

Also no one can make a 100% guarantee that BTC  is headed lower. Nothing is 100%. There is always some probability we are wrong. I think the probability is low, but it isn't 0%. The safest is to sell BTC for dollars and not short. Shorting is for those who need to risk.

Right on time for the Sept/Oct turn of the ECM (and the computer model prediction of massive volatility in the Euro from November until January), Armstrong's prediction the Fed would raise rates. South Africa already did. Other emerging markets will have to raise to protect their currencies and forex reserves.

So there is your factor to drive debt contagion. Rising interest rates.

Euro will collapse below parity dragging gold and BTC down.

We are going to shake out (pauperize) all those Bitards who have been criticizing me and Armstrong for the past 2 years. Wise crypto-currency investors will sell out to dollars here around $300 or (if they can stomach the risk) even short BTC.

May be it's just USD is currently being pumped so that everything else goes down compared to USD ?
Can it be that IMF and the Fed decided to sell all of it's gold, silver and other reserves to pump USD and Dow ?

If you had been reading Martin Armstrong's blog and my posts here, you'd have known for over 2 years that the dollar would becoming stronger because all the QE sent out into the world as carry trade of the ZIRP is going come rushing back to the USA (leaving the rest of the world in a short position in dollars bankrupting the emerging markets) as it will be safe haven as the rest of the world collapses. This would cause the USA to raise interest rates, thus compounding the problem for all nations except the USA. The target date was Oct 2015. Right on time...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: