Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:10:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Humble Bundle  (Read 2174 times)
someguy123 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:35:29 PM

I just went on to humblebundle to collect my bonus games for humblebundle 6 and saw this:

A nice large donation from the guy who runs MtGox and Kalyhost, MagicalTux.

The question is, when and will humblebundle at least give bitcoin a chance?
Last I heard from them during one of the last bundles, they said they were too busy at the time to consider it.
Has anyone got any updated news about this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:26:46 PM

I dont feel googly today.

what is humblebundle?

caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

It's been a while

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 06:48:36 PM

what is humblebundle?

Humblebundle bundles together indie games and allows you to pay what you want (Through PayPal, Google Checkout, or Amazon) to get the entire bundle, along with certain bonuses if you pay more than the average amount. (Usually a bonus game or five) Also, you get a key to use on Steam (Sometimes Desura or OnLive or other services) if you pay more than a dollar. You can pay anywhere from $0.01 USD to Huh??. Also, if you're very generous, you can have the most expensive chat in history. (Pay a penny more than the top amount to start a chat by putting the name as "Hey" or something) They have also done music in the past. Even if you only pay a penny, you get DRM-Free copies of all the games offered (Unless specifically noted as "Beat-the-Average" games.

http://www.humblebundle.com

goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:26:43 PM

what is humblebundle?

Humblebundle bundles together indie games and allows you to pay what you want (Through PayPal, Google Checkout, or Amazon) to get the entire bundle, along with certain bonuses if you pay more than the average amount. (Usually a bonus game or five) Also, you get a key to use on Steam (Sometimes Desura or OnLive or other services) if you pay more than a dollar. You can pay anywhere from $0.01 USD to Huh??. Also, if you're very generous, you can have the most expensive chat in history. (Pay a penny more than the top amount to start a chat by putting the name as "Hey" or something) They have also done music in the past. Even if you only pay a penny, you get DRM-Free copies of all the games offered (Unless specifically noted as "Beat-the-Average" games.

You're better than Google. And almost as quick.

caffeinewriter

It's been a while

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 08:42:43 PM

what is humblebundle?

You're better than Google. And almost as quick.

^Made my day =)

Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:52:58 AM

A few days back the Humble Bundle guys had an AMA on reddit. I asked if they were still considering accepting Bitcoin, but sadly I got no response. Undecided

caffeinewriter

It's been a while

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 07:22:19 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2012, 07:34:09 PM by caffeinewriter

A few days back the Humble Bundle guys had an AMA on reddit. I asked if they were still considering accepting Bitcoin, but sadly I got no response. Undecided

This is the second HB Iama on Reddit. And I think getting questions answered is kind of luck of the draw, considering they have to dig through hundreds of questions and decide which ones to answer. Plus, if I remember correctly, it was the Devs, not the HumbleBundle crew themselves, so it may be best to contact them through HB support.

Is this your comment?

Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 07:53:20 PM

This is the second HB Iama on Reddit. And I think getting questions answered is kind of luck of the draw, considering they have to dig through hundreds of questions and decide which ones to answer. Plus, if I remember correctly, it was the Devs, not the HumbleBundle crew themselves, so it may be best to contact them through HB support.

Is this your comment?

It is not.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:39:28 PM

The 2nd place donator is far more interesting.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:37:08 PM

And who is this interesting person?
caffeinewriter

It's been a while

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 07:38:34 PM

And who is this interesting person?

Some Russian dude who's avatar is Visa and tweets in blocks like a spammer.

caffeinewriter

It's been a while

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 12:15:12 AM

I got a reply from HB about their stance on BTC.

Hey there,

The EFF has a great statement on BitCoin that closely follows our feelings toward BitCoin, which is available here: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/06/eff-and-bitcoin

“We don’t fully understand the complex legal issues involved with creating a new currency system. Bitcoin raises untested legal concerns related to securities law, the Stamp Payments Act, tax evasion, consumer protection and money laundering, among others. And that’s just in the U.S. While EFF is often the defender of people ensnared in legal issues arising from new technologies, we try very hard to keep EFF from becoming the actual subject of those fights or issues. Since there is no caselaw on this topic, and the legal implications are still very unclear, we worry that our acceptance of Bitcoins may move us into the possible subject role.”

We like BitCoin and would love to accept it, but after contacting the EFF and a lawyer specializing in this sort of thing, we are not comfortable with the plethora of untested issues and legal traps, which would be a major distraction for us. We have been in contact with a number of bitcoin startups, and will be monitoring the landscape carefully.

Thank you for your support,
*********** (Name removed)
Support Ninja
Humble Bundle

A logical stance, but it's a shame to think that the very currency that we all love is a potential target for legal leverage.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 12:18:33 AM

catch22...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: