Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SCAM] Officially Announcing BITTREX Sucks  (Read 3663 times)
fartbags (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

seems sometimes i send in coins during a pump it takes 50 mins to confirm.
they require 6 confirmations, the tx in question had 45+ by the time i went to their IRC channel to complain
they decided to publicly deny my claim, it had updated 10-15 seconds after (coincidence multiple times? i doubht it)
by this time, the coin value had rapidly decreased

seems obvious to me what is happening here... am i the only one?

Interesting scam. I now remember this happening to me a few times! This happened to me a long time ago on quite a few coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:32:51 PM

Wise words. Bittrex is great as platform, but they have to change their list/delist rules. Every business needs good reputation, that's what Bittrex should follow. And I think thread author wanted to message exactly this. Why mimic C-Cex?! The answer- profit from scams ensured high trade volume.

no, thats the message YOU want to communicate. the original author penned an incoherent and logically stupid rant that led off with this gem of modern english: "Officially Announcing BITTREX Sucks"

I'm sick of so many things that BITTREX does.

Build a proper business and give incentives for more investors to come invest. Try to do proper business and get 1,000,000 BTC volume every day.

Do something that helps investors and maybe more investors will come to the site.

HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:35:57 PM

holy shit guys fartbags figured out the secret to 1,000,000 BTC volume!!!

amazing of him to share this secret with us instead of creating his own 1,000,000 btc/day exchange.

jesus christ

edit: im not impressed with trex lately either but this thread is just...a little...too...stupid...
ihascryptos

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:24:40 PM

Funny. Bittrex is about the only reputable exchange in crypto. They dont add every shitcoin that comes out, development team is solid and vocal, and most of all there isnt any shitty game slowly driving the exchange insolvent (Yobit) or blatant manipulation on the top 3 coins (C-Cex).

Bittrex for life mofos!

When all of you grow up, stop following the other lemmings, actually educate yourselves on finance and economy maybe you will understand an see what i see.

I like tacos!
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 02:14:37 AM

Bittrex follows its policies and announces possible delisting of cryptos, which would occurred only such as only"not getting more than 0.2 BTC daily trading volume over a defined one-week period."

If there is proper announcement of delisting and allowing appropriate time (of maintaining the very crypto wallets) for you to withdraw you coins, there is nothing wrong for Bittrex to do just like that, based on its policies. If there is enough community and trading support, the trading will maintain and the delist warning would have been cancelled. One example is the UFO coins.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=844754.msg11611257#msg11611257

I did once suffered from not getting cryptocoins transferred to my wallets from Bittrex for hours; it turns out the cause was that the blockchains of the crypto got stuck. ( Again, see this and subsequent pages, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=844754.220 )

Certainly, it is a shame that a crypto got delisted within 1-3 months of listing at the Bittrex. Would you want Bittrex to keep those shit coins there to give enough time for the Pump-and-Dumper to do the dead-cat-bounce to victimized more innoncent Cryptotrader?

Thinking you can Dump it at a profit when A crpto gets listed at Bittrex? I bet you will think three times to even to do that. One example is Aricoin, which shittily dropped to nearly in half even before listing at Bittrex and Cryptsyhttps://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/ARI_BTC It is the practice of listing and pump-and-dumpering that is scamming, not the coin and the dev which are the issues unless the dev(s) is the participant(s) himself/themselves.

Overall, my experience with Bittrex is positive.

It have been the particular cryptos and lack of community supports(-and functioning blockchains) to be blamed.

I have yet to see more substantial evidences to support your allegations.

Otherwise, this place look like "Cry Wall of all Bittrex-delisted Cryptos."

fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:43:49 AM

My overall experience with BITTREX is quite positive as well. However, I'm an expert with all this stuff. I could see many new people getting completely screwed over by BITTREX and leaving all this stuff.

I have really high standards and feel BITTREX should as well. As an industry leader they can effect everyone in a positive or negative way.

DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 04:14:56 AM

It is quite different that Bittrex screws up people vs people use Bittrex platform to screw up other people ( Hoping Bittrex will protect them. But how?)

If Bittrex stands firm and solvent and keeps the whole things going ... that's what I would hope for, certainly the more the better.

Think about a world without Bittrex.....   a lot of crypto dreams would not even exist.

.... There were coins lost at Mintpal; luckily I did not have too much tradings there at that time.
I was not only screwed by Aricoin pump-and-dumper but also I was not able to withdraw some Aricoins in time from Betasharex.
I was not able to withdraw Popularcoins in time from Allcrypt when it got hacked (.... do you really believe that it was outside job ?) just because I did not have enough time at home to rerun/sync POP wallets in order to tranfer those coins. It was a lot of POP coins- 20 millions- not a lot of $ but a lots of time therefore quite costly to accumulate those

I have nothing "sucks" about Trex to announce. Sorry.  Cheesy

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 08:46:05 AM

they decided to publicly deny my claim, it had updated 10-15 seconds after (coincidence multiple times? i doubht it)

Apart from sometimes that it takes several moments after the confirmation to get my balance in my account and also that I got a silly answer requesting me to send a mail to support when I was hacked ( I notify them through PM here ) , I've got no issue whatsoever with bittrex.
My experiences with them are not great but apart from the other altcoin exchanger , I'd say they are on top of the list if you compare them to c-cex ( It takes them a week just to answer and fix GIMP wallet and makes me lose a potential profit ) or YOBIT ( the shady exchanger that keeps on holding ICO and spam your mailbox with a notification for it )

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
CoinBateman

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:01:02 AM

Apart from sometimes that it takes several moments after the confirmation to get my balance in my account and also that I got a silly answer requesting me to send a mail to support when I was hacked ( I notify them through PM here ) , I've got no issue whatsoever with bittrex.
My experiences with them are not great but apart from the other altcoin exchanger , I'd say they are on top of the list if you compare them to c-cex ( It takes them a week just to answer and fix GIMP wallet and makes me lose a potential profit ) or YOBIT ( the shady exchanger that keeps on holding ICO and spam your mailbox with a notification for it )

Just to re-iterate, ICO's themselves are not scams. There are plenty of projects that actually do require funding, and kickstarter is an example of a place that attempts to facilitate this funding in the right way. Right now, the model for holding ICO's are not favourable to the investors. More governance is needed on what is delivered to the dev based on what they deliver.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 11:53:22 AM

Just to re-iterate, ICO's themselves are not scams.

Just to be clear as well, Im not saying ICOs are scams while in fact I do know that there are some legit project with ICOs and need funding for it . I should have made it clearer on my last post that Im merely pointing my experiences in using bittrex and YOBIT regarding how YOBIT keep on spamming your mailbox with X ICO for every Y hours or so ( should have made it clearer on my last post though )

Right now, the model for holding ICO's are not favourable to the investors. More governance is needed on what is delivered to the dev based on what they deliver.

ICOs will always be risky no matter how you do it as because there are chances that dev might buy their own coins , holds it and dump it when it is on the peak for it (Rinse and repeat the pattern for more profit). However just to be clear again, Im not blaming any ICO though. Merely it is more to each individual as not every dev have the thought to scam , some did deliver a great project

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitcoin1387

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:25:46 AM

I think the Bittrex are the type that mercenaries do anything for money. Most do not get to be a scam at least for now.
BanzaiBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 10:52:03 AM

Create a scamcoin... Pay them 3 btc... and they will list everything! Money grabbing fools with no sense of guilt towards a huge community... Yes.. SUPER exchange! LOL

Same goes for delisting... Why the fuck are they delisting coins? LOL... Person A buys coin A... 4 weeks later coin A is delisted... Person A is left with the bag of coin A without a chance to trade the coins he bought on THIER exchange...  Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy Smiley
bluemountain

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:16:31 PM

terrible thread Bittrex is one of the best exchanges
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:30:59 PM

Create a scamcoin... Pay them 3 btc... and they will list everything! Money grabbing fools with no sense of guilt towards a huge community... Yes.. SUPER exchange! LOL

Same goes for delisting... Why the fuck are they delisting coins? LOL... Person A buys coin A... 4 weeks later coin A is delisted... Person A is left with the bag of coin A without a chance to trade the coins he bought on THIER exchange...  Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy Smiley
Ya but at least Bittrex charges 3 BTC to auto list a coin and IMO that makes it a little harder for scam coins to get listed to Bittrex.  Also Bittrex is a solid exchange that has never in my time trading there gone down or been hacked!! Also anytime I've ever had a problem with something at Bittrex I've gone to the IRC chat and someone helped me INSTANTLY with any issue I've ever had so their tech help is superb not to mention that the only reason the do the delisting of coins is because they host so many coins!!! If people have no interest in a coin and the volume stays under 0.2 BTC for an entire month or couple weeks they have every right to delist that coin!! Why keep dead coins that no one is interested in trading anymore??? Also if anyone with half a brain thinks about it to sell a coin back and forth to yourself to keep a coin from getting delisted only would cost someone around 0.07 BTC to do that for an entire week to keep the volume over 0.2 BTC daily for a week so if someone isn't willing to spend the not even $5 to keep a bag of coins they bought listed then they deserve to have no where to trade that shitty coin!!! That's just my opinion anyways!! I mean all this hate towards Bittrex when they are a "BUSINESS" just like any other exchange is a "BUSINESS" and it's their goal to "MAKE MONEY" because no one is in this game for FREE mates Cheesy Be thankful that we have an exchange like Bittrex that at least shows concern and care for their clients and traders.  If you got caught losing BTC in a coin on Bittrex that's no one's fault but your own!! Did Bittrex make you BUY those coins??? NO THEY DIDN'T!! So why not focus more on learning how to trade successfully instead of complaining that an exchange is a SCAM when the exchange has done nothing except offer exceptional service and hasn't run off with EVERYONE'S BTC!! Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:00:08 PM

bittrex service is very good as well. nothing sucks to me.
their support is good, all my question or problem is answered and don't have to wait too long. better than c-cex or yobit.
and volume there is the biggest one compare to other exchange like poloniex,c-cex and yobit.
fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:17:01 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 06:59:44 AM by fartbags

DELISTREX aka SHITREX is back at it again!
Instead of helping coins that they trade on their site, BITTREX lets coins die.

BITTREX could help out a lot. They make altcoins look like shit. Here is an idea, only list coins that you will continue trading for 5 years minimum. Host a few full nodes for each coin. Have block explorers. Have PoS and PoW mining pools. Etc...

Demand more from exchanges.

pujumba

Activity: 252

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:07:33 AM

Crypto is about freedom of choice. Not about self-important assclowns dictating your actions. No thanks. If you want total control try a bank instead.

This freedom can be destroyed soon. Too much scammed people will bring attention by internet scam prevention instances.

You are one of those mean people in crypto which supports scam, because it's profitable. Dirty money will give not quite good things in your life. You'll say I am noob. No, I think my problem is honesty and empathy towards others.

Pumpers, scammers, manipulators will laugh about my words, I know. But I give no shit about mean souls.

the market of trade alt coins is not profitable at all and i dont recommend any one start going into it the only thing people can do in this days is buy and sell bitcoin, mostly of people get burned and scammed because they believe in the Promissed Land of altcoins

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: