Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:57:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
The_Animus

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:33:36 PM

I'm the whale that's been accumulating with that 20 btc wall. This is prime for us because there are still 1.5 weeks left for staking and it's obvious to us that these developers are skilled. Staking is netting us significantly more than any GPU miner or cpu miner. I'm hitting blocks of 60 roughly every half an hour.. What's all the fuss about. Everyone here should know by now that when the coin was listed on exchange it rose significantly in value on practically 0 news from the developer. The developer has demonstrated time and time again a massive amount of knowledge in this space. Do you really think we're accumulating at 13k for nothing? I shouldn't even be sharing this with you guys, I just was reading the ann and it astounds me how worked up people are. The coin has a built in profit model in the staking system, USE IT!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:42:08 PM

I'm the whale that's been accumulating with that 20 btc wall. This is prime for us because there are still 1.5 weeks left for staking and it's obvious to us that these developers are skilled. Staking is netting us significantly more than any GPU miner or cpu miner. I'm hitting blocks of 60 roughly every half an hour.. What's all the fuss about. Everyone here should know by now that when the coin was listed on exchange it rose significantly in value on practically 0 news from the developer. The developer has demonstrated time and time again a massive amount of knowledge in this space. Do you really think we're accumulating at 13k for nothing? I shouldn't even be sharing this with you guys, I just was reading the ann and it astounds me how worked up people are. The coin has a built in profit model in the staking system, USE IT!

omg thats the guy that gave away like 5k on cex ask the people on cex if u think id lie
\

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
Sergio_Demian_Lerner

Activity: 549
Merit: 608

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 05:44:59 PM

AXIOM developers pinged me to give an opinion on the GPU speedup of the AXIOM PoW function.

I wrote the draft of the paper about RandMemoHash back in 2013, after playing with RandMemoHash a bit. I tested it with a SINGLE GPU (that was even older), and could not get any speedup. My paper does not show any proof, not any real world comparison over several GPU models, so it is definitively unfinished. The suggested parameters are not proven to be valid for all existent GPU models (and less for future models). People should never take for granted what an non-peer-reviewed privately-published draft paper says.

I would have liked that Axiom developers would have pinged me to give an update on it before implementing it.

Having said this, I find that a 5x GPU speedup quite good resistance, considering that a GPU is generally better than a CPU in almost every task. CPUs are good at executing large programs, doing paging, protecting memory, doing I/O. Nothing that a PoW can make use of.

GPU memory system is designed for throughput, and it has generally about 6 times the bandwidth available to a CPU. RandMemoHash bottleneck is the DDR/GDDR memory bus, so that speedup can be expected.

Also you must consider power-usage in the equation: that may make it better or worse for GPU-mining.

I don't know if tweaking the parameters would improve it. Maybe using 8 MB instead of 2 MB can prevent the use of some L2 caches in some boards. But the more space you require, the slower it is to verify the PoW. And this is a cat-and-mouse race, since future models will probably increase the size of the cache.

The Axiom developers & community could collect some real world numbers and try to find an improved parameter set (if it is really needed and if there is a better one).

I wish AXIOM users the best luck.

Sergio.
AxiomCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:55:30 PM

AXIOM developers pinged me to give an opinion on the GPU speedup of the AXIOM PoW function.

I wrote the draft of the paper about RandMemoHash back in 2013, after playing with RandMemoHash a bit. I tested it with a SINGLE GPU (that was even older), and could not get any speedup. My paper does not show any proof, not any real world comparison over several GPU models, so it is definitively unfinished. The suggested parameters are not proven to be valid for all existent GPU models (and less for future models). People should never take for granted what an non-peer-reviewed privately-published draft paper says.

I would have liked that Axiom developers would have pinged me to give an update on it before implementing it.

Having said this, I find that a 5x GPU speedup quite good resistance, considering that a GPU is generally better than a CPU in almost every task. CPUs are good at executing large programs, doing paging, protecting memory, doing I/O. Nothing that a PoW can make use of.

GPU memory system is designed for throughput, and it has generally about 6 times the bandwidth available to a CPU. RandMemoHash bottleneck is the DDR/GDDR memory bus, so that speedup can be expected.

Also you must consider power-usage in the equation: that may make it better or worse for GPU-mining.

I don't know if tweaking the parameters would improve it. Maybe using 8 MB instead of 2 MB can prevent the use of some L2 caches in some boards. But the more space you require, the slower it is to verify the PoW. And this is a cat-and-mouse race, since future models will probably increase the size of the cache.

The Axiom developers & community could collect some real world numbers and try to find an improved parameter set (if it is really needed and if there is a better one).

Sergio.

Sergio,

Thank you so very much for making a presence in our ann. While we were conducting our research on GPU resistance algorithms the RandMemoHash seemed like the best option available. We're currently assessing the impact of GPU's on our current distribution model. We're warming up to them because they are not nearly as efficient as people initial suspected. The electricity cost is also a major factor in their efficiency as well. Currently, they do not have much of an advantage if at all. Thank you so much Sergio, we look forward to reading more of your draft papers and we look forward to doing great things as a collaborative community utilizing the research that is available to us to improve our crypto currency ecosystem.

Axiom Team
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:18:44 PM

take your time devs  Wink

quality above quantity  Grin
AxiomCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:26:04 PM

Our code will be perfect, no worries!
Topbanker

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:35:33 PM

Our code will be perfect, no worries!

looking forward to it
 Grin
negeroy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1051

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:37:36 PM

How connect to mining without pool?  Huh

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:39:23 PM

I like this coin but I'm starting to get a funny feeling about something mischievous behind the scenes.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:41:03 PM

I like this coin but I'm starting to get a funny feeling about something mischievous behind the scenes.

I would like to see this coin on cryptsy or poloniex. It's not on a reputable exchange yet.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:44:44 PM

And what kind of % are you getting? I would assume you are both mining and staking...
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:49:37 PM

+1 and never had to open a ticket there... in one year

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:54:49 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 07:07:09 PM by fartbags

I would like to see this coin on cryptsy or poloniex. It's not on a reputable exchange yet.

Bittrex is the most reputable exchange there is besides Polo.

You must be thinking about 6 months ago before bittrex threw their reputation in the dumpster. (DIBS, iBits, GLOBE, etc.)

I will buy some of this coin if it gets on https://poloniex.com

nicehash
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:58:49 PM

AxiomHash fully live on NiceHash now ... try out the first ever CPU-based hashing algorithm on NiceHash; news announcement for miners: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=news&id=20

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:01:20 PM

Sergio.
currently that algo is rather gpu friendly (gpu/cpu ratio around ~10), actually yescrypt is probably the worst algo on a gpu (and current lyra2RE has also a small gpu/cpu ratio).
tdp is small because it spends more time in memory transaction...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:09:57 PM

Sergio.

AXIOM will be soon the best crypto coin for invest mark my words.
Topbanker

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:12:09 PM

true that!!!

Cheesy
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:25:41 PM

true that!!!

Cheesy

Before that I will buy more from panic sellers and speculative cheaper rebuy dumps .
Topbanker

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:56:07 PM

highest volume on bittrex nice
 Cheesy
jimn

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:56:42 PM

I heard too many times these words.
And i do not like these coin where only few can mine more than others, with shitty tricks.
who know the real number of people are using it?
smells too much for me....

████████████████
                           ████████████████████████
                    ████████                      ██████
                   █████                █████       ███████
               █████                 █████████            ███
            ████   █████   ██████████████████████           ████
           ████   █████████████████████████████████          ████
         ███      ███████████         █████████████████         ████
         ██       ███████████        ██████████     ████████████  ███
       ███        ████████████████████       ██       ██████████   ███
      ████      █████████       ██████       ████     ███████████   ██
     ████     ████    ██     ███     ██████████████████████████     ███
     ██       ████   ███     ████    ██████    ███    █████████      ███
   ███      ████     ████████████████████████  ███      ████████      ███
   ███   ███████████████     ███████████████████████   ███   ███      ███
  ████ █████████████   ██   ██████████████████ ███████████   ████     ████
  ████ ███████████     ███████████        ████████    ████   ████       ██
  ████ ███████████     █████ ████          ███████    █████  ████       ██
  ████   ██████████  ████████████          ████████████   ██████████    ██
  ████    █████   ██████   ██████          ████  █████    ███████████   ██
  ████     ████    █████   ███████       █████████████     ██████████ ████
   ███     ████    ██████████ ███████████████████  ███    ███████████ ████
   ███      ████   ██    ██████████████████  ██    ████████████████   ███
   ████     █████████    ████████████████████████ ██████    █████     ███
     ██     █████████      ██    ████████ ████████████     ████      ███
      ███   ████████████████████████████  ████     ███    ███       ██
      ████  ██████████████████████   ████████      ███ █████       ███
       ████ ███████████      ███      █████████████████████      ████
         ███████████████     ████    █████   ██████████████      ███
          ████         ███████████████        ██████████████   ████
           ████         ████████████████     ██████████████  ████
              █████         ███████████████████       ██  █████
               █████         █████████████              █████
                   ██████       ██████             ███████
                        ██████████████  ████████████
                            ██████████████████████
Gaze Coin

BLOCKCHAIN-VR/AR TOKEN 

=
  [Facebook][Twitter][Telegram]
[Reddit] [Steemit]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: