Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners with more than 50 ASICs! What pool do you use?  (Read 1681 times)
SanderBTC (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:17:41 PM

Dear miners with big farms (50+ ASICs),

Could you be so kind to tell us what mining pools\cloud services do you use?

And what software do you use to control and manage your mine?

best regards,
Sander

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeastBTC

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 09:26:55 PM

Best money earned is to rent your rig out on like MiningRigRentals.

This is guaranteed BTC, and very profitable for both!
SanderBTC (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:26:40 AM

Why is it more profitable than mining with 0% pool?

If they pay more than mine themselves that mean they have losses every time they borrow your rig, isn't it?

RussianMiner

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:46:20 AM

Best money earned is to rent your rig out on like MiningRigRentals.

This is guaranteed BTC, and very profitable for both!

Is it more profitable than Nicehash?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 04:26:40 PM

If they pay more than mine themselves that mean they have losses every time they borrow your rig, isn't it?

It's more profitable because you set the price.  You can set it higher than expectations.  The renter might be mining some alt coin in hopes of a pump and dump.  The renter might be using your gear to solo mine and hoping for a 25BTC hit.  Who knows what prompts their behavior...

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:03:07 PM

Pool: Eligius
Cloud Services: None
Software: MultiMiner

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:10:15 PM

However, what 0% pool are you referring to?

If you mean Eligius, then no that isn't a 0% pool.
Yes they charge no fee, but no you don't get 100% PPS.
Their payout system has an upper limit of 100% PPS (but of course you can never get more than that)
However, their long term luck shows that you should expect below 100%
Firstly, orphans will mean that the long term average is expected to be below 100%

Secondly, their pool itself means that it will also average under 100% due to their slow block change.

Thirdly, their payout system is advantageous for miner who block withhold - and that also reduces the long term average.
The worst case for block withhold is a PPS pool - where the withholder loses no payout, however it is the pool that loses BTC, not the other miners.
Eligius payout system means a block withholder can lose less BTC, when block withholding, than mining at a PPLNS pool. It is the other miners that pay for it, not the pool operator, so the pool operator has no incentive to use another payout system, like PPLNS, that favours a block withholder less.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
RussianMiner

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:04:17 PM

Could you please tell me how many ASICs you have?
And why have you chosen Eligius, not AntPool?

Thank you!
RussianMiner

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:25:18 PM

It's more profitable because you set the price.  You can set it higher than expectations.  The renter might be mining some alt coin in hopes of a pump and dump.  The renter might be using your gear to solo mine and hoping for a 25BTC hit.  Who knows what prompts their behavior...

How much do you earn with MiningRigRentals during periods when rig is not rented out?
innerchaos

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:07:37 AM

the way it works for me.. I have my configuration file setup so mining rig rentals is top priority.. until it is rented it is a dead connection so it gets ignored.. and my miner then will go to the second priority pool on my config file..

as soon as someone rents my rig it will automatically become a live connection and since it is in the top priority it automatically starts mining.
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:35:24 PM

Could you please tell me how many ASICs you have?
And why have you chosen Eligius, not AntPool?

Thank you!

108 Antminer S3+ and many others

Wanted to join a mid size pool and not contribute to the hashing power of Antpool and the other big 4.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:41:47 PM

Roll Eyes i don't understand why you don't want build a P2Pool node when you have "only" 108x S3 miners ... it's only 48,6 TH/s ... not a problem for a low internet connexion.

Example : http://minefast.coincadence.com:9332/static/

42 TH/s
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:25:40 PM

How much do you earn with MiningRigRentals during periods when rig is not rented out?
Depends on which pool you set your miners to mine on when not rented.  When not rented, they behave as any other miner on whatever pool you've chosen, and hence all typical things apply (like fees, etc).

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:41:59 PM

Roll Eyes i don't understand why you don't want build a P2Pool node when you have "only" 108x S3 miners ... it's only 48,6 TH/s ... not a problem for a low internet connexion.

Example : http://minefast.coincadence.com:9332/static/

42 TH/s

I started using with the same pool from when I had only 2 S1's.  When my next batch of miners arrives I am looking to redo everything adding in stratum proxies, etc.  I may try P2Pool it just always has really big luck swings due to its low hashrate.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 05:03:40 PM

Every pool has luck swings... it's the nature of the beast.  You just feel those effects a bit more on the pools with lower hash rates because of the inherently long time to solve a block in the first place.  For example, if the pool expects to find a block every 24 hours, that rare 700% block is a full week with no block finds.  If that pool is a PPLNS payout, you've lost work unless the "N" is greater than 700%, which is highly unlikely.  As far as I know, kano's pool has the highest N value at 500%.  Of course the opposite is also true.  You can make more than expectations when that pool is having a good luck swing.

P2Pool has treated me quite well, even with the swings in luck.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:03:52 PM

http://minefast.coincadence.com/p2pool-stats.php

30 days : 20 blocks found.

no problem here ... it's not because the pool find 8 blocks per day that you have been pay more ...  Wink
the problem with POOL vs P2Pool is the blackhole/delay of your shares.

P2Pool (local installed node) have no delay and no blackhole at all !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: