Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deletion of post by Bitcoin Forum  (Read 620 times)
Sourgummies (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:40:54 PM

I tried to reply back to this pm from a mod(Bitcoin Forum) but it stated I was blocked,so would like to see what it was I did wrong in this thread.

Thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102977.0

PM warning and deleted post:

Deleted Post
« Sent to: Sourgummies on: July 25, 2015, 11:16:30 PM »
   Reply with quoteReply with quote Remove this messageDelete
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: QuintLeo on July 25, 2015, 12:17:24 AM
Rap is not music, by definition. It has no tune.

It MIGHT count as chanting, in some cases.

Way too many rap "artists" are ripoffs.
 M. C. Hammer ripping off RIck James was probably the best known and extreme example, but nowhere near unique.
 "Sampling" without paying royalties or giving credit is a ripoff.

It IS possible for a rap group to show class - reference how RunDMC not only credited Aerosmith when they covered "Walk This Way", they also had Perry and Tyler in the performance with them AND in the music video. VERY classy act that.

Rap CAN be successfully mixed with music. Faith No More, "Epic" among others.

The original rapper was Dr. Seuss. "Green Eggs and Ham" as covered by Moxy Fruvous is VERY interesting. (No, that's not a joke. Look it up.)

I am, however, firmly in the camp as a general rule that "The C in rap is silent". Think about it for a minute. Just SAY it, don't spell it.

Most forms of music are spin offs of earlier forms. That argument holds little weight. Its better to just say you do not like it.

I outlined my comment in red and underlined the part of the quoted persons statement this was in reference to.

The fact this is in a off-topic forum and has comments about "rap is crap" and I get deleted confuses me.
Is this common and what can I do help protect myself in the future?
Also what is the proper way to deal with this in the future,could not find a proper protocol thread for responding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:59:41 PM

you can't reply to Bitcoin Forum because it's not a username. you'll get a PM from Bitcoin Forum whenever your post get deleted by a mod or a starter of self-moderated thread.

actually that post doesn't look like it should be a subject to deletion, at least to me.. hopefully a mod will explain this.
Sourgummies (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:23:35 AM

Found the thread that seems to explain why the mod may have skim read the thread and thought why not.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14356.0

This could become a issue down the road and slowly dwindle posters.
Sourgummies (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:24:50 AM

In all seriousness, throw this post in the right forum.Would appreciate a answer.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:40:22 AM

In all seriousness, throw this post in the right forum.Would appreciate a answer.

You can PM the staff member hilariousandco or some other staff member if you would like a specific response to your problem.
Sourgummies (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:53:01 PM

Thanks for that advice,debated just sending a pm but figured they get swamped with messages and people that had similar issues would have been able to point me in the right direction. Think it must have been a one off,since I have not had similar issues in that forum since.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: