Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Network Hashrate Tops 400PH/s [edit: WAS THE INCREASE UNTRUE?]  (Read 1295 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:36:16 PM

Was it a glitch that showed the strong spike? Or was it manipulated in some way?

What other tools do we have to see network size, to control if it ever was at 465pb?

I don't know if the news article was manipulated or not in any way, but one thing is for sure, we passed 400 PH. That could be seen on any website that display global hashrate.

What other tools? getmininginfo on Bitcoin Core console Cheesy
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 10:02:43 PM

It's quite normal. Bitcoin's price was too low to mine for most of miners, When the price went up home miners etc started their rigs.
It wasn't the first time we've seen 400+ Phs (according to blockchain.info's graph).

yeponlyone (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 10:24:02 PM

It's quite normal. Bitcoin's price was too low to mine for most of miners, When the price went up home miners etc started their rigs.
It wasn't the first time we've seen 400+ Phs (according to blockchain.info's graph).

Thanks unamis76 and Karartma1, I will keep looking into it, especially since they reported 465ph with no indication of stopping rising.
Nexious

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:02:43 PM

Thanks unamis76 and Karartma1, I will keep looking into it, especially since they reported 465ph with no indication of stopping rising.

We have reached it before, but that sudden increase and then it disappeared makes me think it could be next generation hardware testing. That's just speculation of course Tongue

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:09:31 PM

I was about to say that, but I didn't confirm on the graphs... also though so Smiley

And yeah, it's just basically people turning on their miners because of the price increase. The wrong time to turn them on, IMO Smiley

We have reached it before, but that sudden increase and then it disappeared makes me think it could be next generation hardware testing. That's just speculation of course Tongue

My thoughts also Wink But I don't have any numbers or proof about that... Maybe KnC and their 16nm chips?
Nexious

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:12:14 PM

My thoughts also Wink But I don't have any numbers or proof about that... Maybe KnC and their 16nm chips?

Well it's either that, or the price increase has the home miners turning their machines back on?

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:32:28 AM

no it's simple the fact that the price increased and the hashrate usually increase in later than the price about, it was always like that in the past

so i would assume that there isn't any new chip, but just everyone from any big farm adding new equipment, there are almost 20 pools out there, if every one of those adds 3-4 p you have your 70+ peta...
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:06:05 PM

When in doubt, blame China!  Tongue
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:08:49 PM

Why would they turn it off so fast? They could be harvesting 10-20% of all blocks according to the size of the spike.. No reason to shut that down?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 03:21:08 PM

the growth of the network from now will be very slow, don't expect the same thing happened with peta, with exa there is a new order of magnitude, exa will be probably the final stage of bitcoin network

whether we passed 450 or not: i disagree with you.

what we see in mining is only "kindergarden" compared to what will happen in the future.  Cool

Samsung Mining Chips? Intel Chips? What about a mining chip in 200 million devices? What will happen when banks start mining or states?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: