Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Litecoin 2 months after Halving. Where do you see the Price at?
 15  bucks or above? - 20 (35.7%)
  10 bucks or so? - 5 (8.9%)
    8 bucks or so? - 2 (3.6%)
    6 bucks or so? - 5 (8.9%)
    4 bucks or so? - 6 (10.7%)
    3 bucks or so? - 8 (14.3%)
    2 bucks or so? - 6 (10.7%)
    1 buck or below? - 4 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin 2 months after Halving. Where do you see the Price at?  (Read 2507 times)
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:27:07 AM

were going to see an increase in value but not that much that it will go to mainstream but who knows maybe it will catch up to the old days and goes to 50 a piece.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:19:20 PM

new highs  Wink
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:08:05 PM

I say around 3$  Wink
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 01:19:53 PM

Searing my lad, you had the intelligence to hold all the LTC you mined with your Titans instead of dumping it at the prevailing low prices. You tell us what LTC will be worth after halving Cheesy

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:52:06 AM

Searing my lad, you had the intelligence to hold all the LTC you mined with your Titans instead of dumping it at the prevailing low prices. You tell us what LTC will be worth after halving Cheesy

We are dealing with me so I would suspect 1 buck...it is how my luck works Smiley

Also due to bank going after me (in error) and informing SEC on supposed money xfer with evil Bitcoin in Fall of 2013 (was resolved because I filed my
stuff as a business with a tax form to prove such at the bank meeting. on does that quickly with letter from SEC in the mail
....was then resolved in less then 15 min as a mistake ...I proved bank was in error
I did not move 99k I moved 10,131.80 in a money order to KNC) all was well but as a result IRS and SEC etc now see me as legit business (damn it!)

note link to guidelines

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

Thus escaping a long drawn out affair with SEC/BANK/IRS and whoever else wanted to get me for the Evil Bitcoin ...I thus follow the rules of the
2013 IRS Guidelines on Virtual Currency ..which is 25% Tax on what you mine (The IRS hates that folk are making money out of thin Air)  and also
That on top of that if you SELL YOUR VIRTUAL COIN YOU MINED before 1 YEAR AND 1 DAY ..it is further taxed 40% capital gains. As you can see
that would be silly.

If more then  1 year and 1 day you sell your virtual currency then it is just normal 20% capital gains on your profits should you sell your virtual currency.

So yeah if i would have sold LTC direct to BTC (i never found a multipool that did not work like crap so I just held LTC) no capital gains at all if daily...just the 25%
tax for making money out of the air by mining ....oh I do get 25% off all my equip as deductions and other stuff as a home biz so the previous is a wash
anyway.

But they count the virtual currency as it hits your address outside the pool address ..thus if 50 LTC hit every 3 days what LTC is at that day is what
I am taxed on.....ave price mined on first 2500 LTC was 1.72 usd so I have slack

So...I"m kinda stuck on holding LTC as a result of all this ..I could move 6k or so of LTC to BTC AS LONG AS IT IS NO MORE then what the LTC was to mine
according to what I supposed to pay on taxes....so have about 700 ltc I could move to BTC in that manner .my CPA said it is like moving usd to canadian
dollars as long as the amount is no more then I mined (so far for income) I could do so ....but again 700 ltc ..I'm so far in have not done so as yet...

So anyway for those of you not in my boat.....just sit on your wad of coin..tell no one and when 2018 comes around or so and the IRS rules are
less stupid just say you had a good year trading coin and then report your stash and from then on you would just have to worry about the 20% capital
gains as you dribbled it out. IN NO WAY tell them you are mining .....and that will be the only tax you'd pay if you chose to go legal.

Me....never made it to the trees past the guard towers was cut down and trapped in above..I may pull out the equiv w/o taxes in the above
but it is a lot of work

Anyway from what I figure mining till the end of the year ...at the very least I'm gonna be stuck holding 2500 LTC at least for the above to keep my equip
depreciation stuff going and other home biz goodies (must keep IRS happy show me as a happy miner (or farmer as my CPA says I am taxed ie land)

Then again if the price does tank to 1 buck as is my lot in life ..LTC difficulty will tank and I will just make a lot more LTC per day etc and
pay less taxes......my goal with the 2500 LTC is to wait for the bitcoin halving in fall of 2016 and dump most of it then to BTC as I can
then because close to enough time has passed... if LTC holds together say at the usual 0.001 LTC to BTC I should be fine..but it sucks.

So yeah this is either gonna work well and make me look smart if LTC goes to say 4 bucks after halving or more. Or it will be the poor
bastard never had a chance...one or the other..one thing I do know for the 13k total or so (after equip depr off taxes) I have in this. IT sure
as hell makes no sense for me to piss off the IRS at this point..thus I'm so squeaky clean on virtual currency (got a CPA) I squeak IRS happiness
as I walk...in my case....not worth 'tweaking' taxes..I know guys who p/o the IRS after the fact...I'll eat all the 13k at a loss rather then
deal with that!

.everyone else imho stay dark and again in 2018 with SENSIBLE IRS RULES say by that point
just tell them what you got in your hoard and say you had a very good year trading and buying (not mining) if you don't sell your BTC or LTC
no problems at that point. only taxed 20% capital gains over what it cost you from the IRS point of view at that point...no tax on holding

Sucks to be me (maybe we will see) so mastermind me NO...Wisdom of holding LTC big NO ..just kinda sorta
have to.......of course if there is 8 buck LTC in DEC 2015 I will disavow any knowledge
of this post and claim brilliance Smiley But then again I will delete this post as evidence at that point Smiley

anyway we will see Smiley If it is any consolation my CPA thinks it is all a big hoot and seems to be having a good time at least someone is happy Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:53:58 AM

Ok at around 2 months after Litecoin Halving, where do most of you see the price at?

The 2 month timeframe is arbitrary, but should be enough time after halving imho to more or less have found its mark
 by that point in time. Anyway IMHO.

Feel free to comment on why this should or not be so (your guess) and/or other reasons for your projections.

Enjoy  the Poll and be sure to post your best guess for who was closest 60 days after halving to the price at that time Smiley

edit: I suppose you should also post your 'best guess' here and if this thread lasts we can see who was the closest on the price
       at 60 days after the halving...just for fun....use usd.

My guess is $4.60 usd 60 days after the halving of Litecoin.

4 bucks is fair price after halving Smiley

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 02:26:28 AM

I also voted ~ 4 bucks but TBH I don't have a clue. I wish I did. I have been trying to model crypto prices for a while now and every time I think I have a handle on pricing I get surprised by reality …

I'm sure many of you remember the speculation regarding the effect of DOGE halving on DOGE prices. In retrospect the hype looked like a good opportunity for somebody to pump the coin, and lots of believers ended up as bag holders while a lot of others exited their positions ahead of the halving. The same thing may be happening with LTC right now.

I think that ETH has the potential to roil coin prices in general if Ethereum delivers on their plans and wouldn't discount the possibility that a significant amount of capital could start moving out of BTC and LTC into ETH over the next (no pun intended) couple of years.

At this point the only thing I'm certain of is that I don't know … everything else is just a guess Wink
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 05:32:15 AM

i thought that litecoin price is going to go high but it looks like it is taking a dive again for the worst. i bought some anyways but it went down!

--looking for signature--
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:11:19 AM

i thought that litecoin price is going to go high but it looks like it is taking a dive again for the worst. i bought some anyways but it went down!
After a dive is a good time to buy.
As for OP 8tish

Get used to it.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:14:57 AM

By the way, when will be the next Litecoin halving? is there a timetable or something similar?
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:17:35 AM

By the way, when will be the next Litecoin halving? is there a timetable or something similar?
http://www.litecoinblockhalf.com/

Get used to it.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:22:03 AM

sooner or later LTC will be pumped to new heights, think thats pretty much obvious.

blockhalving will be as a good excuse as any for those with such inititions to give it the nudge.

again neither the members here on btt nore the real fundamentals will have any say it the big pumps ahead  Kiss
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:35:29 AM

sooner or later LTC will be pumped to new heights, think thats pretty much obvious.

blockhalving will be as a good excuse as any for those with such inititions to give it the nudge.

again neither the members here on btt nore the real fundamentals will have any say it the big pumps ahead  Kiss

As you can see from my post up above due to my circumstances that is what I'm hoping for..just the usual connection between LTC and BTC prices continues up and
beyond next years bitcoin halving.....ie my goals are modest LTC just has to hang together in the manner it has so far past that point...and PERHAPS then
I would move some LTC to BTC at that point...if BTC pumps and LTC does the usual and follows....I then would have more options.

But with NO NEW chips or asic equip on the horizon either data hall only or as a long shot for home miners......all pow/alts may be in trouble if eventually that
does not come to pass (I know sfards chip but that contribution is so minor compared to that chips btc output (on their demo unit 1.7th vs 47mh on pow/scrypt
and less when you figure LTC it would only be 23.5mh equiv after halving if that is your flavor) ...so that won't add to enough of a base for asic equip for pow/scrypt
imho to add to these coins confidence and future. Again imho if such an announcement of chips in mass for asic scrypt/pow was announced I myself could easily
see that as pumping the price of LTC and pow alts up quite a bit....just for the 'hey looks like they are gonna stick around as an option' point of view. Never underestimate
the power of someone putting money into the infrastructure of anything to pump up its value...or so my 'deluded' thinking goes Smiley

So thus I myself am just riding it out due to my circumstances..but hell .....I'd prefer less drama and a stable price for a few months after halving in the 3-4 buck
range just to show LTC has legs so to speak...It also would not be a bad thing if the frigging LTC foundation and dev folk would hype things up a bit and get some
stuff going of some note. I mean it is the LTC halving and they say squat also has me scratching my head

whatever my take not that it means much

Anyway how I'm forced to play this now as to others with more options best of luck Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:51:27 AM

There will be some hype but after that it will go down since there is nothing else to look forward to.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:18:56 AM

It also would not be a bad thing if the frigging LTC foundation and dev folk would hype things up a bit and get some
stuff going of some note. I mean it is the LTC halving and they say squat also has me scratching my head

you see thats the beauty of decentralisation, why rely on the LTC foundation or devs  Huh i mean you like anyone else can "get some stuff going of some note"  Wink
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:37:19 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:36:25 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:00:52 PM

15 bucks or so? what.   Grin

anyways..price looking nice right now. Just bought some more.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:08:08 PM

15 Dollars would be great but it keeps a dream in my eyes. Maybe around 2017.

15 bucks or so? what.   Grin

anyways..price looking nice right now. Just bought some more.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: