Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pattern Recognition 101  (Read 4297 times)
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:52:59 PM

Got it, you mean until $400, it's a must-buy cheap coins.
It's a must-buy cheap coins until fiat no longer exists. Fiat is intrinsically worthless in a cryptocurrency world. All fiat will regress to this true value sooner or later.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:33:10 PM

Got it, you mean until $400, it's a must-buy cheap coins.
It's a must-buy cheap coins until fiat no longer exists. Fiat is intrinsically worthless in a cryptocurrency world. All fiat will regress to this true value sooner or later.

The two currently coexist and both currently have value. My prediction is fiat will not be around in 5,000 years, probably a lot sooner.
natewelt

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:37:34 PM

OP

Nice charts. I appreciate good technical analysis. A am a chartist as well with many years experience in the stock market before looking at bitcoin.

People may say that past performance does not equal future results, but what they fail to understand is that past performance is normally the best indicator for future performance.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:57:19 PM

I guess people see what they want to see. Even tho there are similarities in charts, that in no way is making it certain that the aftermath
will provide us with the same results as in previous instances.
I'm not saying bitcoin is failing or anything similar, just that it will take some time for the price to build up, because like they say, progress is a slow process.

cheers
pat1900

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:39:59 AM

Folks, you all got it wrong. We don't want to know how many $$ we get for 1 Bitcoin.
What we really need to know is: how many BTCs do we get for 1 USD.
I can't see a big difference between the USD chart and any other scamcoin:

USD: 0.000 BTC       EUR: 0.000 BTC
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:42:43 AM

Folks, you all got it wrong. We don't want to know how many $$ we get for 1 Bitcoin.

Not sure if you are being facetious, but thank you for posting this.
There is ALWAYS a bull case and a bear case. 

I think we are all a little tired of self proclaimed prophets that think they know
with certainty how a market is going to behave.

TaurusBit

Activity: 183

TaurusBit.com Administrator

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 12:44:36 AM

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 12:45:36 AM

What we really need to know is: how many BTCs satoshis do we get for 1 USD.
Fixed that for you. Do the chart again with satoshis per dollar and you'll see we've still got a long way to grow.

Today 1 USD = ~335,000 Satoshi = 0.00335 BTC. We can call fiat dead when 1 USD = 1 Satoshi or less

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
agath

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:28:53 AM

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:05:14 AM

Are "those few of us gifted with exceptional intellectual acuity" also the ones who get to tell the others exactly where their place is in life? How do you rightfully determine that, without freedom and a free market? Ranting about phony "capitalism" is fine, but if you are not in support of free markets (which do allow for "rational self-interest"), then what type of system are you 'promoting'?
Calm down, comrade. We can sort out all such details in the thought-provoking environment of the gulags. Good old physical labor makes for a strong and healthy cardiovascular system, which brings lots of oxygen-rich blood to our brains for figuring out how to transcend this hell we've created. Now you can put those fancy golfclubs to good use breaking rocks, or we can melt them down to make pots and pans for the Public Kitchens. Your call.

Laugh now capitalist, but soon the power relations will once again be inverted to the peasantry, and it won't be so funny then.

OK I will laugh now.  Smiley  Grin

If we don't land in prison camp, how do you decide who has the power "to run things"?

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:58:20 AM

If we don't land in prison camp, how do you decide who has the power "to run things"?
From each according to their ability, to each according to their need. The way healthcare is handled in the civilized nations of the world - excluded from the profit motive.

Decent healthcare, education, shelter, clothes, and food shall be provided to all human beings as a birthright. The rest can be sorted out later as it's unimportant relative to what I've just mentioned.

Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:03:54 AM

Beliathon, if you are going to quote Marx, you should really give attribution.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:04:45 AM

From each according to their ability, to each according to their need.

Thats Marxism 101 for ya.  maybe change the title of this thread now. Cheesy

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:22:38 AM

A narcissist knows a narcissist when he sees one.

That aside, yes, there are some nice similarities that prima facie suggest future bullishness.  But of course, past performance does not guarantee future blah blah blah.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:33:59 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 05:08:06 AM by Beliathon

If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants. It matters not one iota to me who wrote what, or had which idea first. All that matters is whether an idea is true and useful, or false. In my opinion the compendium of human knowledge is not a competition, but an ongoing collective effort from which we all benefit. A culture which treats knowledge with the dignity it deserves does not lock the world's wealth of academic papers behind paywalls (see my signature). Although sometimes their stories are interesting, I don't really care much about Carl Sagan the person or Isaac Newton the person. I care a great deal about their ideas, about the truth they have left for us. This focus on remembering individuals is a carry-over from the pre-reason eras, I suspect. Forget my name, cast it away as the dust of history. Remember only what is true. If I have helped you discern truth from falsehood, that's good enough for me.

One more thing, because it's a pet peeve and I see it on often on these boards: Anarchism / anti-capitalism are both older and broader than Karl Marx. I would date the spirit of anarchism at least back to the early 1700s with folks like François-Marie Arouet (AKA Voltaire). Furthermore, there are thinkers alive now that are just as insightful as Marx, Engels, or Lenin. Just off the top of my head Ken Robinson, Michelle Alexander, John Hunter, Richard Wolff, Naomi Klein, Noam Chomsky, Michael Albert, and Slavoj Žižek.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:51:14 AM

If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants. It matters not one iota to me who wrote what, or had which idea first. All that matters is whether an idea is true and useful, or false.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg11970968#msg11970968

Oh, okay Wink

...I do like the quote, though.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 05:06:38 AM

If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants. It matters not one iota to me who wrote what, or had which idea first. All that matters is whether an idea is true and useful, or false.

Oh, okay Wink
It's called copy+paste

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:28:02 AM

Oh, okay Wink
It's called copy+paste

I was highlighting the overt appeal to authority in that thread vs. the covert referencing here.  It was just slightly amusing.

What's your predicted time frame for the moon bounce?
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:19:31 AM

Apophenia?
Entirely possible, but I don't think so.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:04:15 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 11:32:38 PM by Bit_Happy

If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants. It matters not one iota to me who wrote what, or had which idea first. All that matters is whether an idea is true and useful, or false. In my opinion the compendium of human knowledge is not a competition, but an ongoing collective effort from which we all benefit. A culture which treats knowledge with the dignity it deserves does not lock the world's wealth of academic papers behind paywalls (see my signature). Although sometimes their stories are interesting, I don't really care much about Carl Sagan the person or Isaac Newton the person. I care a great deal about their ideas, about the truth they have left for us. This focus on remembering individuals is a carry-over from the pre-reason eras, I suspect. Forget my name, cast it away as the dust of history. Remember only what is true. If I have helped you discern truth from falsehood, that's good enough for me.

One more thing, because it's a pet peeve and I see it on often on these boards: Anarchism / anti-capitalism are both older and broader than Karl Marx. I would date the spirit of anarchism at least back to the early 1700s with folks like François-Marie Arouet (AKA Voltaire). Furthermore, there are thinkers alive now that are just as insightful as Marx, Engels, or Lenin. Just off the top of my head Ken Robinson, Michelle Alexander, John Hunter, Richard Wolff, Naomi Klein, Noam Chomsky, Michael Albert, and Slavoj Žižek.

Communal "social" Anarchism is a much better goal than the other worn out collectivist options. You can live in a utopian commune and others will be free to follow their own path, even if that includes competing to make material gains.

<Back on topic>
The current "base-building" is taking a long time, so if we get back under $200 many people will get scared. I think under $100 is possible, but a fresh Huge Rally is much more likely.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: