Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] The Bitcoin Foundation Wants to Be an Authoritarian Hegemony  (Read 4067 times)
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 11:36:31 PM

Then let's start another foundation to address the issues the BF is weak on. This is how polycentric/anarchic/emergent order works.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 11:37:00 PM

Then let's start another foundation to address the issues the BF is weak on. This is how polycentric/anarchic/emergent order works.

I am working on it, believe it or not.

However, it's not just legal documents. I need a level of force and funding -- that will take some time. I don't have the clout these men have but I can get something similar.
shad0wbitz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 11:39:20 PM

Good luck with that. Gavin, the owner of Bitcoin, already declared his foundation (who's purpose between other is to pay his salary by the way) the "official" Bitcoin foundation.

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 11:49:13 PM

Good luck with that. Gavin, the owner of Bitcoin, already declared his foundation (who's purpose between other is to pay his salary by the way) the "official" Bitcoin foundation.

This makes me think:

Satoshi never wanted to have a clear face. He never wanted Bitcoin to have a real face either. The whole point was it to be a P2P protocol much like BitTorrent. It existed anywhere it was useful: On independent sites and services. He never gave himself a title nor legitimacy. He let Bitcoin be Bitcoin. I would love to be shown otherwise.

Now, Gavin, he probably wants a central protocol controlled by him like he's Linus Torvalds, the leader of the free world when he's only been a fraction of what Bitcoin is.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 12:15:11 AM

Anarchists... unite!

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 12:16:13 AM

Where did Gavin use the word "official" that you just quoted?  Be precise, please.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 01:50:46 AM

Where did Gavin use the word "official" that you just quoted?  Be precise, please.

He can't because like I pointed out, Hazek, Atlas and the others assume things, make up words to build arguments, then twist words, ect.

Many arguments have bearing, its a shame the debaters are usually incompetent and dont know how to build a valid argument

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 05:56:09 AM

He did put "official" in quotes, but in any case there's nothing stopping a second (or third) foundation from also claiming officialdom, if that word actually even means anything in the context of bitcoin.

I personally am happy that the Bitcoin Foundation was formed BUT also happy that people are suspicious of it, and I'll be even happier if competing foundations are established. The beauty of a natural order in the hands of the people is that competition is a check on centralization.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: