Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: American Dentist Pays $50G's, Kills Cecil The Lion  (Read 2322 times)
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:34:39 AM

50k dollars to kill an animal, among other beautiful and we should protect. but what kind of world do we live? I hope to arrest him in this stupid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:48:27 PM

Zimbabwe now wants to extradite the dentist.
I don't see that happening too easily.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:19:48 PM

Grin Cheesy Grin

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:50:27 PM

I hope this subhuman is about to be executed.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:46:19 PM

There are hundreads of people being eaten every year in Tanzania and other countries, why care so much about a single lion?

Because people need something to feel angry about even if they're displacing their anger. This shouldn't have been such a big story as it is.

Look, be reasonable.  We need stories that touch the hearts and minds of the little people.

And which keep them from realizing how much is being stolen from them by their politicians and bankers.

You know, Ferguson was used up.  You know it was.

Cecil's good for a couple more weeks.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:47:29 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 08:06:16 PM by MakingMoneyHoney

There are hundreads of people being eaten every year in Tanzania and other countries, why care so much about a single lion?

Because people need something to feel angry about even if they're displacing their anger. This shouldn't have been such a big story as it is.

Look, be reasonable.  We need stories that touch the hearts and minds of the little people.

And which keep them from realizing how much is being stolen from them by their politicians and bankers.

You know, Ferguson was used up.  You know it was.

Cecil's good for a couple more weeks.

Yeah... people shield them from Planned Parenthood.... and focus on the lion from another country.

People should get their priorities reorganized. This is sad, but most people don't care about the millions of babies...
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:29:15 PM

I was shocked as I read about that story.
I will never get it what is so fascinating by killing other creatures. Furthermore Cecil was the proud of his country.
Does that a**hole feels mighty and proud of what he has done?
I would like to shoot that bastards a**. Hope the people in his hometown boycott him and he goes bankrupt.

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:03:37 PM

Some poachers just shot and killed his brother too.

Not a great time to be a lion..  Undecided
Trifixion713 (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:13:04 PM

I missed this when it originally broke several years ago but since the recent story of the dentist killing Cecil the lion it has been brought back up. Troy Gentry (from the awful "country" group, Montgomery Gentry)  met-up with another pos who owned a so-called wildlife reserve where there was a tame bear named Cubby living on the grounds. Cubby had dental problems and instead of forking-over the money to have them fixed, the owner sold a "hunt" to Gentry where Cubby would be "hunted" in an enclosed area, an acre sealed-off with electric fences. Gentry went for full-effect and even had the "hunt" filmed and acted as if he was actually hunting this bear - the government found out and Gentry and his cohort were charged with felonies. Below are the videos, you'll even see this fuck take you on a tour of his trophies as he plays it off before the feds busted him.

Coverage of this story with videos of the "hunt":

https://youtu.be/tDsUx4PH5Aw

https://youtu.be/wNcBaLzVuBQ
Litejavichu

Activity: 693

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:17:25 PM

Big bastard Angry Angry

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 11:42:00 AM

Grin Cheesy Grin
It's both sad and funny that people believe in nonsense like this. She has definitely spoken with the lion and a being of lower intelligence has shared its wisdom with her. Roll Eyes

Even though it is quite unfortunate that this has happened, people are obsessing with it. I'm pretty sure that there were less people who actually cared about the lion before this unfortunate event has happened. I honestly think that both the dentist and the hunter should be charged. Cecil can't really be compared to killing just any random lion out there. As far as I know Palemer said that he regrets that his pursuit of the activity that he loves has led him to killing the lion. He knew what he was going to do and shouldn't be excused.

Some poachers just shot and killed his brother too.

Not a great time to be a lion..  Undecided
Actually no. Recent news say that this is not true. There is still not enough confirmation so give it some time.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:32:12 PM

Let me get this straight.
She is an animal communicator and psychic.
Who would have thought this is possible? There seem to be a lot of gullible people in this world.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:00:46 PM

Why you are blaming the dentist? He was mislead by the local guide, to believe that the hunting permits were in order. The local guide is the one to be blamed. He pocketed the money himself, and then failed to recognize Cecil. The guide was the one who pointed out the lion to the hunter. And none of the posters here are mentioning the guide.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:50:23 PM

No need to get emotional. Hunting is perfectly legal in many of the African nations. Hunting licenses are not cheap, costing at least $5,000 to $50,000 depending on the species. That said, a large part of the revenues from issuing these hunting licenses goes towards the conservation programs. Therefore, recreational hunting is beneficial for conservation.

So, how does that align with the fact that they lured the lion out of a National park area, which would be a presumed conservation area?

I don't mind hunting and live in an area where hunting is big. It's one thing to go out in the woods and hunt an animal you intend to eat, such as deer hunting, etc. In this case the guy went to a protected area, had his guides lure the animal out (obviously they knew what they were doing was already illegal or else why the need to lure it a half mile away?) and then shot at it. Seems like he wasn't even that good as they had to track the wounded lion down the next day to finish it off.

There is no way this cowardly action benefits any type of conservation program for the protection of rare animals.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:52:08 PM

Why you are blaming the dentist? He was mislead by the local guide, to believe that the hunting permits were in order. The local guide is the one to be blamed. He pocketed the money himself, and then failed to recognize Cecil. The guide was the one who pointed out the lion to the hunter. And none of the posters here are mentioning the guide.

Bullshit. No way to defend seeing your guides having to lure a lion a half mile away out of a protected area. If what they were doing was legal why the need to lure it so far away? He could have simply shot it in the National Park. No way he would be so ignorant to not notice that.

Update: Also read they removed a collar from Cecil as well. This is getting ludicrous to even pretend he thought what he was doing was legal.

Dentist: So are you sure it's ok to kill this lion, I mean he has a collar on.
Guide: Its ok man, here in Africa all lions have collars...
Litejavichu

Activity: 693

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:21:48 AM

Follow hidden this bastard?

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:55:16 PM

People who need to do this for their ego are sadly delusional. Another problem I have is... you see something alive like this in nature and your first instinct is to kill it? We aren't surviving anymore, and this is disgusting behavior.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 08:15:47 PM

There is a petition at the White house site:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/extradite-minnesotan-walter-james-palmer-face-justice-zimbabwe

we petition the obama administration to:
Extradite Minnesotan Walter James Palmer to face justice in Zimbabwe.

Cecil the Lion, a resident of Zimbabwe's national park, and an national icon was poached and killed this week. Media reports in the Guardian, Wall Street Journal and elsewhere have identified American Walter Palmer, a dentist from Minneapolis, MN as the poacher. He is alleged to have lured Cecil from the safety of the national park to kill him. Two of Palmer's local accomplices are already in custody. Zimbabwe authorities now actively seeking Palmer in connection with this incident.

We urge the Secretary Of State John Kerry and the Attorney General Loretta Lynch to fully cooperate with the Zimbabwe authorities and to extradite Walter Palmer promptly at the Zimbabwe government's request.
Published Date: Jul 28, 2015
Issues: Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement, Foreign Policy, Natural Resources

Total signatures on this petition: 228,398

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/extradite-minnesotan-walter-james-palmer-face-justice-zimbabwe

Do sing it! This criminal need to be brought to justice!

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:50:16 PM

its all ok.
50k for a lion.
5 million or less for a human or his body parts

this is what happens when you lose respect for life and are praying to money as your god.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Manic Street Preacher

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:33:39 AM

50k dollars to kill an animal, among other beautiful and we should protect. but what kind of world do we live? I hope to arrest him in this stupid

Hunting is prevalent all over the world, even in America, but obviously you don't have the chance to hunt exotic animals but this isn't that shocking to me. I don't condone it but he probably was under the assumption that it was legal.

Zimbabwe now wants to extradite the dentist.
I don't see that happening too easily.

Yeah doubt it will happen. I'm sure he can afford a goof lawyer too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: